• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT3| You know what they say about big Michigans - big Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarkus

So you get ready for this, mind your own biz
'Cause I am bad, yeah the microphone wiz
No need to sit, 'cause we're 2 Unlimited
Ready, ready, ready for this

Feel the base, you just get closer
Be impressed by the words I chose of
Once again kickin' it live
Doin' everything yo just to survive

Above the law, I take our stand
Being on stage with a mic in my hand
Bustin' it loud to the crowd
The age is 20, I'm from the south
AxtzziK.gif

So you get ready for this, mind your own biz
'Cause I am bad, yeah the microphone wiz
No need to sit, 'cause we're 2 Unlimited
Ready, ready, ready for this

Feel the base, you just get closer
Be impressed by the words I chose of
Once again kickin' it live
Doin' everything yo just to survive

Above the law, I take our stand
Being on stage with a mic in my hand
Bustin' it loud to the crowd
The age is 20, I'm from the south

LOL, he picked as song from a Dutch duo , the Dutch are taking our music

Holmes

No you wouldnt. I was hard for Hillary back then lmao. I have this thing for more-liberal underdogs (she was undoubtely more liberal than Obama during the 08 campaign).

How could I believe her lies? I was a fool.
Probably the same way you got hoodwinked by Sanders this cycle.

tmarg

I don't understand why people think that delegates pledged to Trump and Cruz would jump to someone more moderate. I can certainly see the possibility of a contested convention, and not being able to pick between them, but I don't understand the logical leap between that and the delegates deciding "screw it, we'll just vote for someone from the establishment that both candidates fought to defeat."

Holmes

I'm so excited to have so many Democrats on the campaign trail this year. They all can appeal to different voters and regions of the country. I could easily see them sent to these states to campaign once the general starts:

Biden: http://www.270towin.com/maps/qEPbB
He easily appeals to white, working class voters in the Rust Belt and the Midwest, so I can see him spending a lot of time there.

The Obamas: http://www.270towin.com/maps/59Zgk
They can appeal to voters that voted for them in the 2008-2012 swing states. It definitely helps that there are Senate seats Democrats want to pick up in some of these states too.

Sanders: http://www.270towin.com/maps/aN9pA
Basically the competitive states where he did the best in, with emphasis on the Midwest. I put Missouri in there because there's a chance the Senate race can be competitive in the fall, and New Hampshire for Hassan. If he were to be sent to a Southern state, North Carolina would be the one.

Brinbe

That's the best they could come up with in their secret meeting?
KuGsj.gif

Let's pick a guy who spit out a bigger gaffe than Marco Rubotio and a guy who Obama always cited as a Republican he liked in the Senate. Those will play well for sure.

GutsOfThor

That's assuming that Sanders will campaign for Hillary. What would happen if he didn't? Just curious.

This is in response to Holmes' post.

That's assuming that Sanders will campaign for Hillary. What would happen if he didn't? Just curious.

I'm not sure he will without prompting. Of coursw, a gracious Sanders benefits himself,xassuming we take back control of the Senate. If he wants to have an important role in the Senate, it would be a good idea for him to do lip service.

Holmes

It's true he might not, and I hope he does, because I'm sure Trump will put the fear of God in the hearts of many Democrats and Independents (and some Republicans), so we'll need every bit of help we can get to take him down. And also if he just takes his ball and goes home, it'll just confirm what his opponents have been saying about him.

Brinbe

From that NYT piece
Mitt Romney, the party’s nominee in 2012, attempted to bridge that divide on Friday by revealing that he would support Mr. Cruz in Utah and warning that “a vote for Governor Kasich in future contests makes it extremely likely that Trump-ism would prevail.

One week ago https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...t-romney-to-campaign-for-john-kasich-in-ohio/

Mitt Romney, the 2012 Republican presidential nominee, will make his debut on the 2016 campaign trail Monday by stumping with Ohio Gov. John Kasich in a last-ditch push to defeat Donald Trump in that state.

POLITICS! LOL

Cerium

Sanders will campaign for her, it's just a question of how much. Hillary campaigned for Obama in 2008 despite being salty as fuck, but she didn't exactly go the extra mile like Bill did in 2012.

It's actually a consistent position. Helping Kasich win Ohio was priority number one for the stop Trump movement. After that his purpose was largely served in Romney's view, and now it's time to begrudgingly vote for Cruz.
I said this a few days ago. He knows what he's doing and it's not flip flopping.

Sanders will campaign for her, it's just a question of how much. Hillary campaigned for Obama in 2008 despite being salty as fuck, but she didn't exactly go the extra mile like Bill did in 2012.
Disagree completely. She worked incredibly hard to bring the party together.

Brinbe

It's actually a consistent position. Helping Kasich win Ohio was priority number one for the stop Trump movement. After that his purpose was largely served in Romney's view, and now it's time to begrudgingly vote for Cruz.
I know what he's trying to accomplish. It's still silly because it's too nakedly political and looks astoundingly cynical to anyone not entirely vested in stopping Trump. His endorsement and message doesn't shit now at all. His influence on the national stage and in the GOP is even less relevant now.

And attempting to coalesce behind Ted Fucking Cruz!!! shows how desperate they all are. It's pretty fucking pathetic and it obviously won't work. If he really wanted to stop Trump, he should have campaigned for Cruz in Ohio and tried to prevent Kasich from winning OH at all. Thus forcing a Cruz-Trump one-on-one match-up.

ampere

It's true he might not, and I hope he does, because I'm sure Trump will put the fear of God in the hearts of many Democrats and Independents (and some Republicans), so we'll need every bit of help we can get to take him down. And also if he just takes his ball and goes home, it'll just confirm what his opponents have been saying about him.

Yea if Bernie doesn't campaign for Hillary then a lot of his words would look pretty empty. When it comes to the GE it's about beating the GoP first and foremost, and Bernie knows that. He better show up with enthusiasm.

Ecotic

I really don't think he wants it TBH. His wife was a wreck after the last campaign.

If that's a concern this one would have the benefit of being a lot shorter. Whoever gets the nomination at the convention would be looking at a little over 3 months of campaigning.

If the GOP is serious about a 3rd party run they need to get moving soon as the deadlines for getting on the ballot are in May and early June in many states. They can't wait to until June 7th to see if Trump can be stopped short of a majority. They also need to create an organization to gather these 80k+ signatures states require.

I'm skeptical that anyone will commit their name and money to this early enough for a 3rd party run to be viable. Kasich couldn't get 2k valid signatures to get on the ballot in PA, but some dark horse with no organization to going to get 89k in NC, 80K in Texas, etc in the next 7-10 weeks?

If that's a concern this one would have the benefit of being a lot shorter. Whoever gets the nomination at the convention would be looking at a little over 3 months of campaigning.

His wife has MS. didn't deal well with being drug into the spotlight in 2008 and 2012. She very nearly shot down the 2012 run entirely, and absolutely is not on board with a third run after what happened in 2012. Hillary is also in a stronger position than Obama was in 2012, and any victory Mitt had would be long, hard fought, and brutal.

it aint happening.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
If the GOP is serious about a 3rd party run they need to get moving soon as the deadlines for getting on the ballot are in May and early June in many states. They can't wait to until June 7th to see if Trump can be stopped short of a majority. They also need to create an organization to gather these 80k+ signatures states require.

I'm skeptical that anyone will commit their name and money to this early enough for a 3rd party run to be viable. Kasich couldn't get 2k valid signatures to get on the ballot in PA, but some dark horse with no organization to going to get 89k in NC, 80K in Texas, etc in the next 7-10 weeks?
cant they just run someone on like the constitution party or something

Tamanon

Banned
I don't understand how it would even work for a lifelong Republican to run as a third-party. Especially one that didn't feel the need to run in the Primary itself(like Coburn).

sphagnum

Banned
In the event of a third party GOP run, which states are most likely to "accidentally" flip blue due to the split? Arizona, Georgia, North Carolina, Missouri? Maybe even Texas?

Grexeno

In the event of a third party GOP run, which states are most likely to "accidentally" flip blue due to the split? Arizona, Georgia, North Carolina, Missouri? Maybe even Texas?
North Carolina doesn't need the third party split to go blue.

I think Arizona, Georgia, Missouri, Indiana, and hell maybe even Texas and Kentucky would all be in danger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom