• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT3| You know what they say about big Michigans - big Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.
Three of my facebook friends posted *that* pie chart.

ERUGHERUGHERGUERGHERG. I am so mad I made a real one.

realnumbersb0rsd.png

That's right. I'm so wound up I opened up excel and put the real numbers into and then posted it in reply to all their brainless 'click share' reposts of a pie chart with factually wrong numbers.

That claims 'the media is lying'.

EURGH.

Only if it's true. Junior.

Might want to edit this. I've definitely seen a ban or a demotion for using the "You're a junior" insult.

It also doesn't really help your point.

As an aside, Utah and Colorado are beautiful states. Just got back from a week out there. First thing my hotel shuttle guy asked me when I said I was from MS was "Isn't that Hillary country?"

"Yes sir, but I don't think it will be in the general."

"Well, we can only hope it might be."

It's scary when he does this, using his microphone and podium to turn thousands of people on just one or two, often throwing in baseless insults and attacks along the way. His crowds are going to go too far one day (well, even further than they already go with elbow checks and yanking people), and all he'll say is "No no no no" and wag his finger, like that absolves him of guilt. And he'll probably get away with it.

rjinaz

Okay so he's a junior. You were too once so let's not use it like some sort of insult.

I mean he was demoted to Junior so it kind if is an insult, right? Not that I would ever call out somebody for being a Junior, because it's silly and a poor way to try and win an argument.

I'm totally not wading into the "Ron Paul" thing, but the other day Bernie's campaign was saying how they were going to try and earn a few extra delegates out of each state's convention by flooding the room with their supporters...exactly like what Ron Paul's people did.

The problem is, Bernie's 300 delegates behind, so you can't win by doing things like that. Neither could the Paulites, but they did it anyway.

I mean he was demoted to Junior so it kind if is an insult, right? Not that I would ever call out somebody for being a Junior, because it's silly and a poor way to try and win an argument.

I'm not sure I'd go that far, member.

Huh. Actually never mind. It doesn't work does it?

rjinaz

I'm not sure I'd go that far, member.

Huh. Actually never mind. It doesn't work does it?

ha, I guess not. Anyway, I was just pointing out why it was probably said, but even that I guess didn't need to be said because I disagree with it being used. I've been drinking, I tend to speak thoughts that should stay in my head. bleh.

Three of my facebook friends posted *that* pie chart.

ERUGHERUGHERGUERGHERG. I am so mad I made a real one.

realnumbersb0rsd.png

That's right. I'm so wound up I opened up excel and put the real numbers into and then posted it in reply to all their brainless 'click share' reposts of a pie chart with factually wrong numbers.

That claims 'the media is lying'.

EURGH.
Why did you even bother lol. No one can break a facebook chainmail. If you bother responding you just come off as Dwight Schrute to them.

lenovox1

I would agree, except the court has already ruled and there's plenty of precedent on this. I don't think we stand a good chance of overturning it even if we replace Scalia with a Garland or a Srinivasan. Republicans have been happy to wield gerrymandering against us since forever; we either fight back on equal terms or we get rolled over again and again.

Everyone should just computer draw their maps and districts. Don't know how that deals with anyone in the federal government, though.

If Republicans did end up having a 3rd Party candidate in a new party challenge them, would you want Bernie to go for it and do his own party run? That seems like the best time to, and imagine the drama of a 4 party battle.

T'Zariah

Banned
If Republicans did end up having a 3rd Party candidate in a new party challenge them, would you want Bernie to go for it and do his own party run? That seems like the best time to, and imagine the drama of a 4 party battle.
I'd go from disliking him to outright hating his fucking guts.

Rubenov

I can tell Utah is about to vote because now I'm seeming obnoxious Cruz and Trump ads.

... Why is Trump even bothering to run ads here though?

To be fair, while demographics indicate this should be an easy Cruz victory, the little polling there is shows inconclusive results and a two/three-way split.

Ya....no. That jus means no one gets 270 and it goes to the House.

pigeon

Banned

That would be the worst possible time to run third party. Snatching the possibility of defeat from the jaws of victory.

Rubenov

Last poll for Democrats in Utah had Clinton at +7 back in February, but "it is known" this is a Sanders state. I don't doubt it, I just want to see how people are arriving at these conclusions and if there's anything more than "lol white people".

NeoXChaos

updated thread assignment
April Madness- dramatis
* All April Contest

May Meltdown- Open
All May Contest

June Showdown- Adam287
All June contest

*Veepstakes is going to be in PoliGAF

2016 Republican National Convention-b-dubs
2016 Democratic National Convention- NeoXChaos

1st Presidential Debate-b-dubs
Vice Presidential Debate-Ebay Huckster
2nd Presidential Debate-kingkitty
3rd Presidential Debate-Holmes

General Election 2016-Aaron Strife

Democratic Debates
Apil- kingkatty
May-pigeon

Let's be real, for a minute. Does anyone really care about Utah? It's 33 delegates, they'll split them probably like 18, 15 regardless of who wins.

These are really the only races that matter anymore on the Dem side.
Code:
California	475
New York	247
Pennsylvania	189
New Jersey	126
Washington	101
These too, but to a lesser extent.
Code:
Maryland	95
Wisconsin	86
Indiana		83
Arizona		75
Oregon		61
Puerto Rico	60
Connecticut	55
Kentucky	55
And she'll win about half of the above contests.

Everything else summed up is worth 325 delegates. Roughly her lead in delegates.

It's Trump. It's Clinton. It's over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom