• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT3| You know what they say about big Michigans - big Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.
CeCFtREWAAA3gh9.jpg

God-Emprah Trump.

gcubed

Obviously we should reallocate delegates based on square mileage of states won. Otherwise the DNC is just stealing more votes and obscuring the democratic process.

He'll still be losing but the supers can move to him as to not go against the will of the less amount of people, states and land mass that has voted for him

ivysaur12

Banned
can you make a new thread for Tuesday. Covers March 22nd and 26th. Same theme if you want to save time(Part 2) "I'm really feeling the(After Bern)". Old one got locked.

Arizona -- Oblivia
Idaho -- Tatsu's Caravan
Utah -- Sylvalum
Alaska -- Valek Mountain
Hawaii -- Noctilum
Washington -- Primordia

Ah shit. I'll try. Won't be a very good thread. Been super busy/sick.

watching Road to the Whitehouse now on CNN: Bush v Dukakis

ouch, ouch, ouch

typical Massachusetts Dem candidate allowing himself get defined by his opponent

Wait, what? Given that Bernie's already close to shrinking Hillary's poll advantage to single digits (see below), in California, especially when you factor in Hillary's Hispandering incident ;), if Bernie can build up some momentum between now and June, I think it's safe to say he'd win California, on a cool wave, man.

20160321012745024.png

P.S. Found an interesting blog that appears to provide some compelling evidence of serious exit poll irregularities, in MA (I must say, from the start of the night, Bernie was doing good in MA, and then, all of a sudden, it flipped to Hillary...): MA Primary: Unadjusted Exit poll Indicates Bernie won.

what does the delegate count look like for this?

So, let's say that map is 100% accurate.

Let's also say that Bernie wins every state that favors him by 20 points. Let's say that Hillary wins the states that favor her 52/48.

A rough estimate would be

Hillary: 1015
Bernie 1002

Total pledged:

Hillary 2162
Bernie 1832

She wouldn't be able to go over the top of 2383 until California...which Bernie could win 70/30 and she'd (after June 7th) still have enough delegates to secure the nomination.

Fun exercise:

Let's say the map is correct and Bernie manages to keep Hillary non-viable in Washington. Let's also say he wins California 70/30.

Total approximate delegates in this scenario:

Hillary 1982
Bernie 1970

Daniel B·;198766007 said:
Wait, what? Given that Bernie's already close to shrinking Hillary's poll advantage to single digits (see below), in California, especially when you factor in Hillary's Hispandering incident ;), if Bernie can build up some momentum between now and June, I think it's safe to say he'd win California, on a cool wave, man.

20160321012745024.png

P.S. Found an interesting blog that appears to provide some compelling evidence of serious exit poll irregularities, in MA (I must say, from the start of the night, Bernie was doing good in MA, and then, all of a sudden, it flipped to Hillary...): MA Primary: Unadjusted Exit poll Indicates Bernie won.

Ahh yes an establishment conspiracy. Was it irregularities that caused Sanders to get destroyed in the minority heavy states too?

Holmes

If Clinton wins Arizona by 10% on Tuesday, she'll be in a good position to win California. Especially since she'll very likely have become the presumptive nominee with the help of the superdelegates by then anyway and voters won't want to waste a vote by voting for someone who's already lost.

The reason you adjust exit polls as results come in is to project a winner. Exit polls are just that. A poll. An idea of where things could be going when the results come in but you always wait for the votes to start coming in before you declare anything based on them.

If Clinton wins Arizona by 10% on Tuesday, she'll be in a good position to win California. Especially since she'll very likely have become the presumptive nominee with the help of the superdelegates by then anyway and voters won't want to waste a vote by voting for someone who's already lost.

Why would California even be in question given Bernie's performance with minorities? You don't win a state election in California without black and Hispanic voters, let alone a Democratic primary.

You'd think someone who'd go into such details about basic statistics and margins of errors and the like would understand how a goddamn raw exit poll might be more than 1% off. There are a dozen basic reasons I can think of off the top of my head that could screw with its scientific accuracy, and I'm just a random loser who took a statistics course back in college.

Holmes

Why would California even be in question given Bernie's performance with minorities? You don't win a state election in California without black and Hispanic voters, let alone a Democratic primary.
For sure. Especially since Southern Hispanics and blacks have been Clinton's best demographics. I think if Arizona confirms that minorities in the Southwest are just as strong for Clinton, California will go to her too.

And one thing too about California is the Congressional primaries are the same day on June 7 with a half black, half Indian woman and a latina running for Senate so minority turnout will probably not be depressed.

NeoXChaos

Matthew Isbell ‏@mcimaps 1h1 hour ago
Not saying CA is a lock for Clinton, but I'd put money on her over Sanders easily.

In a world where Clinton doesnt get crushed with white liberals but dominates with non-whites, why does anyone think CA favors Sanders?

On California. People mistake its Dem nature for just liberalism, much of it tied to its diverse Demographics

20160321012745024.png

Well Bernie is losing right now, but if he starts winning, he'll actually win!

Well Bernie is losing right now, but if he starts winning, he'll actually win!

How dare you. He's only losing in the sense that he has fewer delegates, fewer votes, fewer states carried and fewer Super Delegates.

In every other metric, he's already measuring the drapes! Haven't you been on Reddit?

You can swap out CA for NY and all of that would still be true. I just don't get some of these predictions that people cling to.

To be fair, if you actually believe Bernie can still win you have to hold onto the idea that he can win places by huge margins. Reality may not have caught up yet.

If Hillary wins Arizona by 10, and only loses the caucuses by 20 on the same day, Bernie will net 3 delegates.

Kangi

You can swap out CA for NY and all of that would still be true. I just don't get some of these predictions that people cling to.

They cling to them because it's essentially the only way he could possibly win. Not winning NY and CA - by a lot - shuts him out of the nomination completely.

Gruco

Banned
Fun exercise:

Let's say the map is correct and Bernie manages to keep Hillary non-viable in Washington. Let's also say he wins California 70/30.

Hillary 1982
Bernie 1970

Sounds like what you're saying is, once you correct for retroactive momentum, it's President Sanders.

NeoXChaos

The primary at this point is so boring and predictable now. That map I posted is the likely end. She's winning AZ by more than 10. Probably 20-30 pts.

Hawaii should go for Hillary despite the caucus format. She has tied herself to Obama and its a heavy minority population.

Gruco

Banned
The primary at this point is so boring and predictable now. That map I posted is the likely end. She's winning AZ by more than 10. Probably 20-30 pts.

Yeah, I'm actually fairly relieved for this. It's even kind of boring on the GOP side. Next several contests are fairly trivial under the shadow of California. Also a good thing. I can only stand so much clown car in my life.

I look forward to a few quiet months of Berners working their way to acceptance and Republicans doing stupid stuff before June 7.

So, let's say that map is 100% accurate.

Let's also say that Bernie wins every state that favors him by 20 points. Let's say that Hillary wins the states that favor her 52/48.

A rough estimate would be

Hillary: 1015
Bernie 1002

Total pledged:

Hillary 2162
Bernie 1832

She wouldn't be able to go over the top of 2383 until California...which Bernie could win 70/30 and she'd (after June 7th) still have enough delegates to secure the nomination.

Fun exercise:

Hillary 1982
Bernie 1970

And that is precisely the scenario where the Superdelegates should play a role, with such a close contest (here's hoping), where they need to calmly, and diligently consider, who would have the very best chance of defeating the Republican GE opponent. If they choose to not even factor in Bernie's millions of energetic supporters, they could be kicking themselves, come November.

As I've essentially stated before, there's energy to spare on Bernie's side, to soundly beat Trump, but without anything like that energy level, can Hillary guarantee victory?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom