• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT3| You know what they say about big Michigans - big Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

watershed

Banned
The entire idea that Bernie has more enthusiastic supporters is all about the size of his rallies and how vocal his supporters are online. It is a pure and simple fact that more people have voted for Hillary than Bernie by a wide margin. Whether that's a measure of enthusiasm or support, votes are what matters. Bernie has more people at his rallies, Hillary has more people at the ballet box.

Wilsongt

66bsS38.jpg

Aw I always have a fondness for Dukakis cause I worked in an office right next to his office at UCLA and he was always in there quiet and reading.

I understand and I think he's probably a decent man. But he had no business being on the ticket for the Democrats in 1988. He didn't want to fight and he made plenty of errors he should have seen coming.

Also, it highlighted that once again, Reagan was a fucking asshole.

Hillary's people also don't hold huge rallies on purpose. She's not great in huge groups. Even I, who adore the woman, can admit as much. I mean, I doubt she'd draw crowds as big as Bernie even if they tried, but that's not hte point. The size of the rally doesn't determine the margin a the ballot box which, last I checked, is the only thing that mattered.

The current phase of the Dukakis health-rumor story began Wednesday morning, when a reporter who works for a LaRouche-controlled publication, the Executive Intelligence Review, asked Reagan at a press conference what he thought of Dukakis' refusal up to that point to give the public access to his medical records.

The President responded: "Look, I'm not going to pick on an invalid."

I mean goddamn what an asshole

johnsmith

remember me
Uh, is this happening at all the rallies? Why is this not being reported on, it's the first I've heard of this.

Around 6:30 PM, the blaring music was lowered and a speaker was announced and took the stage. She was a woman who tragically lost her son in a heinous murder. She told her moving story about how her son left for school in the morning but did not show up for his after-school job. She was frantic and called the police, who discovered that her son had been brutally murdered and mutilated.

Finally she revealed that the killer of her son was an “illegal immigrant” and the crowd exploded. The anger at the fact the murderer was an “illegal immigrant” was almost stronger than the fact the woman’s son had been murdered. She expressly blamed Marco Rubio for the death of her son. It was rough, and the crowd was angry. Any protesters revealing themselves right then would have been at great risk.
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2016/03/20/1502779/-My-firsthand-experience-at-a-Trump-rally

ampere

Are we all forgetting that Daniel B is trolling and playing a character?

Remember that time he pretended to be a pants on head stupid climate change denier?

Daniel B·;198772041 said:
I'm saving my paper on how a trace gas, that makes up just 0.04% of the Earth's atmosphere, has this miraculous ability (at such low concentrations), to trap heat, and dream of constructing an experiment to confound the World.

Oh

Daniel B·;198772041 said:
I'm saving my paper on how a trace gas, that makes up just 0.04% of the Earth's atmosphere, has this miraculous ability (at such low concentrations), to trap heat, and dream of constructing an experiment to confound the World.

You're not even hiding it anymore.

The entire idea that Bernie has more enthusiastic supporters is all about the size of his rallies and how vocal his supporters are online. It is a pure and simple fact that more people have voted for Hillary than Bernie by a wide margin. Whether that's a measure of enthusiasm or support, votes are what matters. Bernie has more people at his rallies, Hillary has more people at the ballet box.

Hold your horses, there; only half the votes are in, and by this time, next week, we will have a much better idea of whether Hillary's advantage will extend much beyond the southern states.

lol I'm just monitoring a market I have some money in, saw his comment and couldn't resist some more public shaming. I want him tar and feathered so as to be buried completely. Brainchild drove me crazy with his irrational defense and promotion of him.

Yeah, that dude was just fitting results to a model, not the other way around. Anyone in a stats class could do the same.

Not to try and pile on but

giphy.gif

YOU'VE RAISED 100 MILLION DOLLARS AND YOU HAVEN'T GOT A FUCKING CLUE WHY YOU'RE NOT DOING WELL WITH THE MOST RELIABLE BLOCK OF VOTERS?

Baffling, but at least he mentions it. That's better than pretending it's not a problem, though I still find it insulting that no one in that camp will admit that older people simply don't like his policy proposals. Obviously that would look bad from the campaign, but not one op-ed?

By definition as the frontrunner, with her 320 odd delegate lead, she has more votes than Sanders. Last time I recall she had more votes than Drumpf. So I still don't get where the enthusiasm turnout myth is coming from.

It's purely from the internet, which is even lying a bit when it comes up. A lot (no idea how many) of r/S4P is ineligible to vote for various reasons (age, country, etc...), but they still fit into the anecdotal "Everyone is feeling the Bern!" story regardless.

Armaros

Daniel B·;198773405 said:
Hold your horses, there; only half the votes are in, and by this time, next week, we will have a much better idea of whether Hillary's advantage will extend much beyond the southern states.

Ohio, Illinois, Massachusetts are southern states?

The forever battleground state of Florida?

Daniel B·;198773405 said:

So two caucuses in red states are more indicative of her support outside the south than primaries in Ohio, Illinois, and Massachusetts.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
That reminds me, Missouri still hasn't paid out. I want my $20 predictit, Bernie already said Hillary won. That should be good enough.

I'm feeling moderately hopeful about Kentucky and West Virginia. Hillary did well in border counties in Ohio and Virginia. I'm not saying she'll win them, but I think she'll manage to do fairly well. I don't think he'll manage 20 point margins in those states, though .

So Tyler re-did his model and now has it as Bernie taking Arizona by 10.

The new main source of info for the model? Facebook.

Tyler also stupidly thinks closed primaries help Bernie.

Actually this stupid or a troll?

Electoral fraud or something.

It looks like the only consolation we're going to get, for Bill taking over that polling station for two hours, is the satisfaction in knowing that the Clintons and / or theIr campaign felt they needed to do something, to swing the vote in MA, never mind the fact they are misusing theIr privileged positions (the electorate pays for theIr Secret Service detail etc, not to mention the inconvenience caused to the voters, plus those who skipped voting entirely...), doing so, in full knowledge that their stunts would break campaign law.

And Hillary complains about supposed "negative campaigning", when Bernie just points out the facts (on Wall St. donations to her and the campaign), when her campaign is blatantly disregarding campaign law.

Armaros

Daniel B·;198775551 said:
It looks like the only consolation we're going to get, for Bill taking over that polling station for two hours, is the satisfaction in knowing that the Clintons and / or theIr campaign felt they needed to do something, to swing the vote in MA, never mind the fact they are misusing theIr privileged positions (the electorate pays for theIr Secret Service detail etc, not to mention the inconvenience caused to the voters, plus those who skipped voting entirely..,), doing so, in full knowledge that their stunts would break campaign law.

And Hillary complains about supposed "negative campaigning", when Bernie just points out the facts (on Wall St. donations to her and the campaign), when her campaign is blatantly disregarding campaign law.

yeah you are obviously a troll.

Your posts are just a steady stream of r/Politics talking points.

danm999

So Tyler re-did his model and now has it as Bernie taking Arizona by 10.

The new main source of info for the model? Facebook.

Tyler also stupidly thinks closed primaries help Bernie.

Actually this stupid or a troll?

OjCoqlp.jpg

He is the Unskewed Polls guy of the left.

Except at least the Unskewed Polls guy was taking good data that was actually predicting things and mutilated it. This guy is doing....I dunno.

I sometimes wish GAF had a tagging function like Reddit with the extension. For those moments when you don't want to ignore someone but instead be constantly reminded of their stupidity as you read their posts.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I sometimes wish GAF had a tagging function like Reddit with the extension. For those moments when you don't want to ignore someone but instead be constantly reminded of their stupidity as you read their posts.

The mods do that with tags sometimes, if it's dumb enough.

OjCoqlp.jpg

Except at least the Unskewed Polls guy was taking good data that was actually predicting things and mutilated it. This guy is doing....I dunno.

And here I thought the left would be better than this. So much for my faith in humanity coming back.

OjCoqlp.jpg

He's just throwing shit at the wall and hoping it sticks. And certain people are eating it up because it's what they want to hear.

The Dick Morris of Reddit.

pigeon

Banned
Tyler guy on predictit:

Gonna get me crucified in these comments.... Don't bet on what I'm saying on my last post people. I don't want to be responsible for anyone losing their money. Arizona is a gamble. My model shows Bernie winning but keep in mind I'm literally the only person that's saying that; 538 and Benchmark have Hilldawg winning. I was also the only person saying Bernie would win Illinois and Missouri, and that obviously didn't happen. I've been wrong before and who knows, I may be wrong again.

I mean, this seems totally reasonable? I don't really understand why people are dumping on Tyler for saying "I was wrong before, and others disagree with me, so I recommend not being too confident in my analysis." That all seems totally accurate and honestly good for him for being straight about it instead of doubling down. I'm not sure what people were expecting him to do instead. I feel like people are just taking the opportunity to be super negative about a rando without consequences. This seems like punching down.

danm999

OH FFS

rfze54D.jpg

I mean, this seems totally reasonable? I don't really understand why people are dumping on Tyler for saying "I was wrong before, and others disagree with me, so I recommend not being too confident in my analysis." That all seems totally accurate and honestly good for him for being straight about it instead of doubling down. I'm not sure what people were expecting him to do instead. I feel like people are just taking the opportunity to be super negative about a rando without consequences. This seems like punching down.

Yeah I think he's just a person doing it for fun and for his own enjoyment and the problem is that people are taking him waaaay too seriously because any port in a storm.

yeah you are obviously a troll.

Your posts are just a steady stream of r/Politics talking points.

So, if Bernie turned up at your polling station, and made you stand in line for an extra two hours, not to mention trying to change your vote, you wouldn't be thoroughly pissed off?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom