• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT3| You know what they say about big Michigans - big Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no idea why this Tyler guy has warranted so much discussion in here except that one poster with a hack pop science guy as his avatar took an idiosyncratic interest in him because he "successfully" predicted a single win contrary to the polls.

Daniel B·;198776093 said:
So, if Bernie turned up at your polling station, and made you stand in line for an extra two hours, not to mention trying to change your vote, you wouldn't be thoroughly pissed off?
My presinct is more than 30% non-white, so I'd die of shock if he'd shown up here.

I'm mostly kidding

Holmes

So Tyler re-did his model and now has it as Bernie taking Arizona by 10.

The new main source of info for the model? Facebook.

Tyler also stupidly thinks closed primaries help Bernie.

Actually this stupid or a troll?
tumblr_inline_o49pq8NNzy1rs7a7f_500.gif

That people are taking it seriously is the more amusing part. That and his Madonna name status.

But he's seemingly just throwing a bajillion random variables until something sticks in terms of fitting to past results and that gives favourable projections and assuming some sort of predictive power that clearly isn't there.

Tonight's episode of The Circus will take a look at the dying Sanders campaign: https://vid.me/qaln

I really wish I had showtime to watch this show. Looks great.
Maybe I'll have to get one of those free trials I'm always seeing and watch the season.

So Tyler re-did his model and now has it as Bernie taking Arizona by 10.

The new main source of info for the model? Facebook.

Tyler also stupidly thinks closed primaries help Bernie.

Actually this stupid or a troll?

Ah, Facebook, where I don't bother posting about Hillary for fear of rattling all my Bernie fan friends. Im sure that data is PURE.

From 1980 on:

"I'd like to have a beer with that guy" winner=Beer

1980:

Beer: Reagan
Actual: Reagan

1984:

1988:

Beer: Literally anyone other than HW Bush
Actual: HW Bush

1992:

Beer: Clinton
Actual: Clinton

1996:

2000:

Beer: W
Actual: W

2004:

2008:

Beer: Obama
Actual: Obama

2012:

Does Hillary's heavy drinking mean she has the election in the bag?

I don't mean to bash on the poor Tyler fella too much. I realize he's just probably having a little fun with data but S4P
eats it up and it's comical. Especially when he says things like this:

"If this Arizona result is wrong (and it very well could be), there must be something wrong with using search and social media data to predict elections, and I don't know what I'll do after that."

And the closed primary thing. How can you not giggle?

From 1980 on:

"I'd like to have a beer with that guy" winner=Beer

1980:

1984:

1988:

Beer: Literally anyone other than HW Bush
Actual: HW Bush

1992:

1996:

2000:

2004:

2008:

2012:

Does Hillary's heavy drinking mean she has the election in the bag?
2012 is Obama by default...

Also Bush apparently quit drinking cold turkey, so then 2000 and 04 would be as well. Unless his definition of "cold turkey" gave him a little leeway for a beer every now and then.

My lobbying group had a large meeting about "Talking to conservatives" and I couldn't help but think "shouldn't we have a Talking to Nationalists event instead?" I'm really starting to think conservatism will be killed by nationalism.

Bad Meets Evil would have worked well for Trump and Cruz back when they were best bros.

I don't speak, I float in the air wrapped in a sheet
I'm not a real person, I'm a ghost trapped in a beat
I translate when my voice is read through a sismograph
And a noise is bred, picked up and transmitted through Royce's head (AAHHH)

This feels like it could be translated to a Trump verse about how much the media covers him pretty easily too.

I want Kev to watch The Circus, knowing how much he hates Heilemann and Halperin.

Watching the latest episode and damn, Kasich is rude as fuck and you can see it.

Summary of today's FEC releases.
Code:
			Raised	Spent	Cash	Spent/Raised
Hillary Clinton		29.5	31.6	30.8	107%
Bernie Sanders		43.3	41	17.2	95%
Donald Trump		2	9.5	1.3	475%
Ted Cruz		11.8	17.5	8.1	148%
John Kasich		3.4	3.6	1.3	106%

Marco Rubio		9.6	9.2	5.5	96%
Cruz is burning through cash at the highest rate outside of Trump, who can just loan his campaign money.

Rubio was doing okay for cash at the end of February at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom