• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT3| You know what they say about big Michigans - big Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching Kasich eat soup makes me want to hurl. I also realized I couldn't pick his wife out of a line up.

There was a contest in NH. The prize was you got to eat dinner with Jeb! I'd hate to see what the loser ended up with....

Summary of today's FEC releases.
Code:
			Raised	Spent	Cash	Spent/Raised
Hillary Clinton		29.5	31.6	30.8	107%
Bernie Sanders		43.3	41	17.2	95%
Donald Trump		2	9.5	1.3	475%
Ted Cruz		11.8	17.5	8.1	148%
John Kasich		3.4	3.6	1.3	106%

Marco Rubio		9.6	9.2	5.5	96%
Cruz is burning through cash at the highest rate outside of Trump, who can just loan his campaign money.

Rubio was doing okay for cash at the end of February at least.

Good cash on hand for Clinton. Really I just want Bernie to suspend so all focus can shift to general for her.

The show's pretty much some campaign speeches and behind the scenes sprinkled throughout with a musical score (and analysis from Halperin/Heilemann that's a quarter as good as PoliGAF). It's mildly interesting but not a must watch imo.

The show's pretty much some campaign speeches and behind the scenes sprinkled throughout with a musical score (and analysis from Halperin/Heilemann that's a quarter as good as PoliGAF). It's mildly interesting but not a must watch imo.
Yeah, it's like that Mitt documentary from a few years back.
If you're interested by the behind d the scenes raw footage stuff, this show is cool. If not, it's not gonna doing anything particularly new here.

Yikes. That's more telling than any vote or delegate count. Apparently the off chance he'll have some sort of complete breakdown isn't even worth covering anymore. That and/or the media realized he's said exactly the same thing at every public appearance for the past 9 months and decided it could save money by recycling footage.

But damn, no one deserves to die cold and alone like that. Save face and your friends Bernie, please.

Yeah, it's like that Mitt documentary from a few years back.
If you're interested by the behind d the scenes raw footage stuff, this show is cool. If not, it's not gonna doing anything particularly new here.
It's not even that much BTS stuff. It's just the show runners asking candidates obvious questions and them giving obvious answers we've all heard. Half the episode is shots of the crowds at the campaign rallies in slo-mo. I guess the show is cool if you're not as tuned in day to day like we are.

Media bias rears its ugly head.

Time Warner donating millions to Clinton and calling home the Clinton News Network.
Haim Saban reining in Univision and The Onion.
Jeff Bezos pulling WaPo reporters off the beat.

John Heilemann bravely defying his Bloomberg paymasters.

CCS

Banned
I just want to post myself from January, because I was right (except I underestimated Sanders' stubbornness) :p

All this arguing is kinda pointless. We know how shit's going down:

-Sanders loses Iowa, wins NH, puts up for a decent fight for a while, eventually dropping out in late spring.
-Republicans nominate someone.
-A minority of Sanders supporters throw their toys out the pram and don't vote, the majority do.
-Hillary wins the election.
-The long, slow march of progress continues.

Queen hired some cute boys to work for her. There were some mid to high 7s on Rubios bus too.

Sorry. It's 6 am. I can't sleep and I have a migraine.

Slayven

Media bias rears its ugly head.

Time Warner donating millions to Clinton and calling home the Clinton News Network.
Haim Saban reining in Univision and The Onion.
Jeff Bezos pulling WaPo reporters off the beat.

John Heilemann bravely defying his Bloomberg paymasters.
We need to get Power Rangers and samurai pizza cats money out of politics

Slayven

Supposedly Saban is an ass, but I love Power Rangers too much to hold it against the man.
Ain't no supposedly about it, dude is a cheap ass. During the anniversary year of power Rangers he wanted the old cast members to fly to New Zealand( where power Rangers been filmed since 2003) and pretty much work for room and board. And they would have to sign a 1 year non compete contract

Ain't no supposedly about it, dude is a cheap ass. During the anniversary year of power Rangers he wanted the old cast members to fly to New Zealand( where power Rangers been filmed since 2003) and pretty much work for room and board. And they would have to sign a 1 year non compete contract
Ugh, don't get me started on how badly they fucked up Gokaiger. That was one of my favorite Sentai, and the shit they pulled was unforgivable. I never heard that but it doesn't shock me.

Cerium

Summary of today's FEC releases.
Code:
			Raised	Spent	Cash	Spent/Raised
Hillary Clinton		29.5	31.6	30.8	107%
Bernie Sanders		43.3	41	17.2	95%
Donald Trump		2	9.5	1.3	475%
Ted Cruz		11.8	17.5	8.1	148%
John Kasich		3.4	3.6	1.3	106%

Marco Rubio		9.6	9.2	5.5	96%
Cruz is burning through cash at the highest rate outside of Trump, who can just loan his campaign money.

Rubio was doing okay for cash at the end of February at least.

Everything looking good for Hillary.

The only concern is Trump's asymmetric political warfare. Establishment SuperPACs just dropped tens of millions trying to stop him and he spent less than 10 million and still dominated. Unconventional from top to bottom; it's like nothing Hillary's staff has ever dealt with before.

Maledict

Yikes. That's more telling than any vote or delegate count. Apparently the off chance he'll have some sort of complete breakdown isn't even worth covering anymore. That and/or the media realized he's said exactly the same thing at every public appearance for the past 9 months and decided it could save money by recycling footage.

But damn, no one deserves to die cold and alone like that. Save face and your friends Bernie, please.

I do think your second sentence had real merit to it. Sander's hasn't deviated from his stump speech once. Even when he lost 5 states last week, he still gave the exact same speech. There's very little for the media to actually report on for his campaign because no matter what happens, the candidate is going to give the same speech. If you want Sander's stories you're better off staying at home and reading Reddit.

Honestly, I don't think Bernie really cares if the press is following him or not. I think he was totally prepared to be in O'Malley's position through the entire primary. While he's always claimed that he expected to pull off an upset, I think in his heart he's surprised that he ever caught on at all. I don't think he ever expected to have more impact than, say, Ron Paul.

The reports from Bernie rallies are about crowds, enthusiasm, sizes, whether they will vote for Hillary or Trump in general, etc. Hardly anyone talks about his speech anymore.

His speech is boring now.

Politico has an article on everything. Democrats don't openly say he should quit. But we'll write that they basically do anyway.
Honestly, I don't think Bernie really cares if the press is following him or not. I think he was totally prepared to be in O'Malley's position through the entire primary. While he's always claimed that he expected to pull off an upset, I think in his heart he's surprised that he ever caught on at all. I don't think he ever expected to have more impact than, say, Ron Paul.
Fame is a helluva drug though.

Although, he still attracts his mammoth crowds where he can soak up the adoration regardless of whether the press follows him there.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Everything looking good for Hillary.

The only concern is Trump's asymmetric political warfare. Establishment SuperPACs just dropped tens of millions trying to stop him and he spent less than 10 million and still dominated with republicans. Unconventional from top to bottom; it's like nothing Hillary's staff has ever dealt with before.

Ftfy, which is really the key to all this.

danm999

But seriously it makes no sense to have concealed a real Clinton scandal during the primary. She is the one they do not want to face.

Now if you told me the Democrats had something on Trump I'd be more inclined to believe it.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Y'all won't be laughing when at a Bernie rally the lights dim and the fireworks go off and Howard Dean, Al Franken, and the rest of the Superdelegates appear on stage with Bernie.

I am shocked Al Franken is committed to Hillary, he seems like a Bernie man.

Coming from you, that seems like a grave insult to Franken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom