• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT3| You know what they say about big Michigans - big Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

CCS

Banned
I've seen it, it's pretty bad. It's a video of hundreds of Wall Street executives creating a monstrous golem out of clay, and then performing a dark ritual where it comes to life and swears to destroy every American who doesn't earn at least $1 million a year, before killing Hillary and wearing her skin.

I've seen it, it's pretty bad. It's a video of hundreds of Wall Street executives creating a monstrous golem out of clay, and then performing a dark ritual where it comes to life and swears to destroy every American who doesn't earn at least $1 million a year, before killing Hillary and wearing her skin.
All sacrifice for the great establishment.

PBY

Banned
Just got back from a Vegas bender, reading about this Trump meeting and presser.

What are we expecting? This seems big?

A new Deseret News/KSL poll in Utah finds Ted Cruz leading the GOP presidential race with 42%, followed by Donald Trump at 21% and John Kasich at 13%.

On the Democratic side, Bernie Sanders leads Hillary Clinton, 52% to 44%.

That dem blowout

HAHA

Phased

With the current state of the GOP I really doubt they could have a political card to play and not play it immediately, especially against her. That or some up and coming Rubio-like person would scoop them on it for a chance at national recognition.

There's something about Hillary that makes them abandon all reason and just blindly attack her with whatever they have. I think they may actually hate her more than Obama.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I really shouldn't argue politics on twitter dot com guys

apparently the superdelegates are the reason Hillary is winning now because the mainstream media used them to push the "Hillary is winning" narrative so hard it just propelled her to a 300 delegate lead

Slayven

I really shouldn't argue politics on twitter dot com guys

apparently the superdelegates are the reason Hillary is winning now because the mainstream media used them to push the "Hillary is winning" narrative so hard it just propelled her to a 300 delegate lead

Circular logic at it's finest

This is interesting...

CeC4w8lVIAEpADf.jpg
This explains why Kasich comes off as the reasonable GOP candidate. He tells the truth 50% of the time, which blows the doors off his rivals. Also probably why the base has no interest in him. Doesn't tell them what they want to hear.

AndyD

aka andydumi

Hah. Realistically it's probably a recording of one of her Wall Street speeches where she praises what they do/did so she appears anti-blue collar workers. Or some weird video from the early 90s on an irrelevant topic.

This explains why Kasich comes off as the reasonable GOP candidate. He tells the truth 50% of the time, which blows the doors off his rivals. Also probably why the base has no interest in him. Doesn't tell them what they want to hear.

He is right in like with Hillary, and they both seem to get the same amount of moderate attention.

gaugebozo

According to political source I trust: Bill sleeps naked in an oxygen tent which he believes gives him sexual powers. Literally stewing in his own juices, etc.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Wow is anyone listening to this? "Israel is responsible for war in the Middle East and this is an affront to my lover Huma." Wow really going to sink in the polls.

Fuchsdh

On the other hand, it's depressing that at least a quarter of their statements are false (I give them the half-truths because those usually come down to sins of omission and phrasing.) Really wish we could expect better from our candidates.

Kind of feeling like Hillary's AIPAC speech is very boilerplate so far and very much like something I'd expect from Cruz or Rubio.

Not that I'd expect any American politician speaking at AIPAC to be anything but gung-ho pro-Israeli in their speech, though.

Nice shot on Trump, too.

Fuchsdh

Kind of feeling like Hillary's AIPAC speech is very boilerplate and very much like something I'd expect from Cruz or Rubio.

Not that I'd expect any American politician speaking at AIPAC to be anything but gung-ho pro-Israeli in their speech, though.

Nice shot on Trump, too.

Let me tell you, after having had to listen to probably two decades' worth of speeches to AIPAC, they all sound the same after a while.

PBY

Banned
Appearing on CNN's New Day, the governor of Ohio slammed the notion that he is a "spoiler" to Republican efforts to stop Trump from obtaining the nomination. "I'm not going anywhere," Kasich told host Alisyn Camerota, who then noted that Trump can still theoretically lock up the nomination before Cleveland.
“Everything is, you know, mathematically," Kasich shot back. "How many times can we, you know, float around the moon or something, mathematically? Who cares about that? He’s not gonna have enough delegates. He’s gonna go there without enough delegates.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/blogs/2016-...mp-delegates-john-kasich-221037#ixzz43Y1BZpTT

Lowkey, Kasich just pisses me the fuck off. This dude is such a piece of shit, I think it just annoys me now that he's like the anti-Trump humanitarian empathy candidate. Also John - fucking Rubio has more delegates than you right now, so yeah, keep namechecking delegates.

The typical GOP approach to the Clintons is to throw the kitchen sink at them. "Clinton Fatigue," the theory that endless negative mini-scandals aimed at the Clintons results in voters becoming hostile to them, has never truly worked for republicans. It kind of worked for Obama in the sense that he made Hillary a relic of the partisan 90s and voters didn't want to go back to that.

In terms of scandals I'd expect the media to run with old stories on Bill having a lady friend during the 08 election. It wasn't a secret then, both the Clinton and Obama camps knew about it and it was later referenced in Game Change...but the media never ran with it. I think it would have become a story if Hillary had won the nomination, so naturally I believe it'll be a story later this year.

The other, which I wonder if that tweet references, is about Hillary and Huma living together for a period of time. I assumed the GOP was smart enough not to go stupid with this but perhaps a Trump nomination changes that. It seems pretty obvious this is a case of Hillary lending support to one of her closest friends during a tough time (the Weiner cheating thing), so the GOP leaking this shit to media would truly be desperation. And I'd expect only Fox and some conservative outlets to play with it.

After being gone for several weeks, all the Bernie supporters on my FB came out of the wood work yesterday, due to Sanders appearing in Seattle. That was fun.v More memes of media bias re coverage/delegates etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom