• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT3| You know what they say about big Michigans - big Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iolo

“Everything is, you know, mathematically," Kasich shot back. "How many times can we, you know, float around the moon or something, mathematically? Who cares about that? He’s not gonna have enough delegates. He’s gonna go there without enough delegates.”

Tides come in, tides go out. You can't explain that.

The typical GOP approach to the Clintons is to throw the kitchen sink at them. "Clinton Fatigue," the theory that endless negative mini-scandals aimed at the Clintons results in voters becoming hostile to them, has never truly worked for republicans.

I'd argue it has been effective to some degree. Just look at her unfavorables and trust ratings.

Effect

I've always wondered something. Are Sanders appearances so big because the people attending them are all coming from near by states whenever he appears and not just from the state he's actually in? Meaning you have the most hardcore of hardcore willing to travel?

The rallies are so big sometimes and the election results are so different that the rallies being filled with people from multiple states is the only thing that makes any sense.

What the hell is Bernie doing that he can't go to AIPAC?

Thought it was a foreign policy speech. If that's the case then that's way to late at this point. Especially dropping it today where it will be ignored. Or just general campaigning, which also will be ignored. He'd get more attention if he was at AIPAC.

I've always wondered something. Are Sanders appears so big because the people attending them are all coming from near by states whenever he appears and not just from the state he's actually in? Meaning you have the most hardcore of hardcore willing to travel?

The rallies are so big sometimes and the election results are so different that the rallies being filled with people from multiple states is the only thing that makes any sense.

Thought it was a foreign policy speech. If that's the case then that's way to late at this point. Especially dropping it today where it will be ignored.

Someone posted an article titled..who is voting for Clinton.

Basically Sanders supporters are doing all that extra stuff (Facebook, rallies etc), but in the end its Clinton supporters who just go out and vote and that is it.

Effect

Basically Sanders supporters are doing all that extra stuff (Facebook, rallies etc), but in the end its Clinton supporters who just go out and vote and that is it.

That makes perfect sense too and could very well be the the thing and not what I was speculating.

Team Clinton is going to be all over the place in Washington on Tuesday. Surprised since many feel that Washington is going to be Bernie's biggest win of a state.

HylianTom

Banned

The "comparatively-silent-on-the-Internet majority" !

Holmes

Jesus, Sanders will burn himself out and for what? Idaho and Utah? He already looked horrible as shit on his TV appearances this weekend. He'll probably end up collapsing.

dramatis

I've always wondered something. Are Sanders appearances so big because the people attending them are all coming from near by states whenever he appears and not just from the state he's actually in? Meaning you have the most hardcore of hardcore willing to travel?

I thought it was because early on Bernie was holding rallies in areas that favored him (I remember particularly one in Seattle?), whereas his rally attendance numbers dropped in areas less inclined to him (South Carolina).

It's not necessarily cross-state boundaries. Just in general the regions are not the same. I expect Bernie will win in Washington (state).

Seattle is one of the most liberal cities in the country. Some say it is the most liberal city. Sanders doing well there shouldn't be a surprise to anybody.

Disappointed as fuck with Hillary giving AIPAC speech. Like of course she will speak there and sabre rattle with Iran/Hamas. Mad props to Bernie for having the balls to skip this lobby. Sometimes I really like Bernie and hate Hillary.

Disappointed as fuck with Hillary giving AIPAC speech. Like of course she will speak there and sabre rattle with Iran/Hamas. Mad props to Bernie for having the balls to skip this lobby. Sometimes I really like Bernie and hate Hillary.

Bernie was pressed on why he wasn't going and he strictly said it was because he needed to campaign instead. He sent remarks on what he would have said had he been there.

Take it for what you will

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
I have not paid attention since the Illinois primary results...anything interesting happening besides another Trump protesters rally?

Bernie offered to speak via video, but was turned down

https://theintercept.com/2016/03/18...via-video-as-romney-and-gingrich-did-in-2012/

He probably shouldn't be given too much credit for wanting to have his cake and eat it too so he could still campaign

Especially towards women.

Earlier this cycle I thought that Kasich would be just about the perfect candidate for the Republicans to nominate. He's conservative but tends to be viewed as a moderate, and he's the popular governor of a major swing state. I knew he had temper issues, but I think I underestimated how big of a liability they could be, especially in a race against Hillary Clinton. Don't get me wrong, he'd be infinitely better as a candidate than Trump or Cruz, but he could potentially do a lot of damage to himself by snapping at the wrong time.

ampere

I sometimes wish GAF had a tagging function like Reddit with the extension. For those moments when you don't want to ignore someone but instead be constantly reminded of their stupidity as you read their posts.

Yea I think "global warming is a conspiracy" merits a tag.

Z95Zua5.png

Well, damn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom