• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT3| You know what they say about big Michigans - big Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

VRMN

I'd have said this debate was effectively a job on Hillary. Until that last clip. I cannot believe that actually happened. It's personally not something I care about much, but goddamn, in Florida especially? Forget it.

To echo others, this is what happens when a candidate hasn't already been vetted for 25 years straight. You have to expect these sorts of surprises.Agree with this. Thinking Hillary's massive social media team would just -forget- to run some thorough YouTube searches on Bernie is silly.

Clinton has largely gone easy on Bernie. This is true of Bernie as well, but the media narrative on her didn't need his help. The Republicans will do far worse if he's the nominee. The multiple clips of him during this cycle admitting taxes will go up for everyone under his plans will be played nonstop. Yes, there's a "but," and I'm sure Republicans will be so kind to include the caveats as to not unfairly paint him as a tax and spend liberal communist.

I don't want to get too far into it, but I was treated like a tool the weekend before the primary and overall it never felt like a team effort, just work to be done.

Dude I am sorry but you were a volunteer. You basically become a peon. Politics aint no hugging session and not specially for those who are in the lower ranks. You cant hold that against Bern.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
She quoted a section of the video that they didn't show and than savaged Sanders, so it's pretty safe to say that she was ready.

Anyone who thinks her team isn't sitting on a mountain of shit just like this doesn't remember 2008. Her opposition research is crazy good, there was a piece earlier in the week that hinted at how insane they are in terms of research.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Dude I am sorry but you were a volunteer. You basically become a peon. Politics aint no hugging session and not specially for those who are in the lower ranks. You cant hold that against Bern.
You don't know much about the situation so don't talk like that. I had pretty low expectations yet somehow it was still disappointing. I don't hold it against him personally.

Cerium

Anyone who thinks her team isn't sitting on a mountain of shit just like this doesn't remember 2008. Her opposition research is crazy good, there was a piece earlier in the week that hinted at how insane they are in terms of research.

Remember that time Hillary literally dug up Obama's kindergarten homework?

The 2008 primary proved that Obama was the cleanest politician to ever come out of Chicago.

Ekai

Guys, Bernie is poison in a general election for a plethora of reasons. You think his Cuba statements are bad? How about nonstop commercials explaining how he intends to drastically raise the working class tax rate to pay for socialized medicine? .

Just wanna say, that's a straight up lie. Stop spreading the Vox lies, kthx. Bernie's tax plan focuses on the upper class, not some drastic raise on the working class. On top of that, his plan revolves around saving money for the working class itself. It focuses on closing the income inequality gap itself, which has been wildly out of control. And he's the only one running who seems to give a shit about that issue.

BanGy.nz

Banned
I can't imagine the things her team and the DNC have in store for the general.
#QueenOfOppo

On top of that, his plan revolves around saving money for the working class itself.

which ain't happening short of an actual federal mandate that corporations don't just eat the extra profits (if any, given the payroll tax hike) from not needing to set up group plans, but i digress

you're overestimating the amount of nuance anyone's gonna pay attention to

VRMN

Just wanna say, that's a straight up lie. Stop spreading the Vox lies, kthx. Bernie's tax plan focuses on the upper class, not some drastic raise on the working class. On top of that, his plan revolves around saving money for the working class itself. It focuses on closing the income inequality gap itself, which has been wildly out of control. And he's the only one running who seems to give a shit about that issue.

His stance in debates is "yes, your taxes will go up, but you're no longer paying healthcare costs, so it more than balances in your favor." This is all true if unrealistic because his plans aren't politically viable without Congressional realignment.

The Republicans will cut out the caveats and just run the first part where he admits taxes will go up significantly. It's how the game is played. The attack is remembered, the rebuttals not as much.

Just wanna say, that's a straight up lie. Stop spreading the Vox lies, kthx. Bernie's tax plan focuses on the upper class, not some drastic raise on the working class. On top of that, his plan revolves around saving money for the working class itself. It focuses on closing the income inequality gap. And he's the only one running who seems to give a shit about that issue.

This is why I don't like Sanders supporters. This should not be your argument. Not in the least of it isn't true (the payroll tax is being raised and the incidence will be largely on the employees backs as determined by all the research),but also because it's the wrong argument.

The argument Sanders and others should be making is, "yes, taxes will be higher on many American's, including some of the middle class, but it's worth it to create a fairer and more just society. My administration will look into ways to lessen the shock to middle class families who rightly can't absorb this sudden increase due to the failed policies of past administrations..."

Quit pushing this fantasy that every middle class family will be better off because somebody feeling the bern made an online calculator.

Chichikov

You don't know much about the situation so don't talk like that. I had pretty low expectations yet somehow it was still disappointing. I don't hold it against him personally.
If you're going to be vague, those are the kind of responses you're going to get. I don't want to come across as a harsh, but the based on the (admittedly very limited) information you provided it sounded pretty much par for the course for a low level campaign volunteer.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
If you're going to be vague, those are the kind of responses you're going to get. I don't want to come across as a harsh, but the based on the (admittedly very limited) information you provided it sounded pretty much par for the course for a low level campaign volunteer.
You are coming off as harsh. I guess I shouldn't have responded then. I'll remember that in the future.

That dick better be worth it. Because that was a BOMB

tumblr_n41d548x9b1r4ka7mo2_400.gif

Ekai

This is why I don't like Sanders supporters. This should not be your argument. Not in the least of it isn't true (the payroll tax is being raised and the incidence will be largely on the employees backs as determined by all the research),but also because it's the wrong argument.

The argument Sanders and others should be making is, "yes, taxes will be higher on many American's, including some of the middle class, but it's worth it to create a fairer and more just society. My administration will look into ways to lessen the shock to middle class families who rightly can't absorb this sudden increase due to the failed policies of past administrations..."

Quit pushing this fantasy that every middle class family will be better off because somebody feeling the bern made an online calculator.

Well, it is frankly true. Whether you want to accept that or not. His actual tax plan is entirely different from how Vox and other pro-Hillary sites have characterized and pushed it as being. They push purposefully misrepresentative graphs that people will spread regardless of the facts at hand because they're easier to digest than the actual meat of the words. Hell, even their sources contradict their arguments.

BanGy.nz

Banned

Frank the Great was describing an attack ad, reality doesn't matter in a 30 second spot.

Well, it is frankly true. Whether you want to accept that or not. His actual tax plan is entirely different from how Vox and other pro-Hillary sites have characterized and pushed it as being. They push purposefully misrepresentative graphs that people will spread regardless of the facts at hand because they're easier to digest than the actual meat of the words. Hell, even their sources contradict their arguments.

A simple quesion. Could Politifact in October rate a claim 'Mostly True' that a GOP Super PAC is saying Bernie Sanders wants to double the total payroll tax for millions of middle class American's?

Hell hasn't frozen over so......I'ma pass.

I am phone banking for Queen tomorrow and up until Tuesday. Except for when I'm going to my Kasich event. I'm taking the Bro with me. He's the one who got us tickets.

Lol, well it's just to help him win the nomination so Hillary can beat him.

Did you just register through his site? If they set up an account for me I could do an hour or two. Ugh, I'd feel dirty...and not in a positive way either.

It's through a google form. I don't see the link on his site, but they've been emailing me since I got tickets to that rally. I can pm it to you.

Muzy72

Banned
God, this Castro stuff is reminding me why Bernie Sanders is COMPLETELY unelectable in the general. Shit, even Trump could beat him. I can already picture the ads about his honeymoon in the USSR and his support for Castro.

Do the Democrats have any winner-take-all primaries?

God, this Castro stuff is reminding me why Bernie Sanders is COMPLETELY unelectable in the general. Shit, even Trump could beat him. I can already picture the ads about his honeymoon in the USSR and his support for Castro.

to the point that I would rather have Trump as President than Bernie

Iolo

Do the Democrats have any winner-take-all primaries?

All dem primaries are proportional

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom