• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT3| You know what they say about big Michigans - big Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be honest. I have doubts about Bernie being able to handle foreign policy. I mean, not to the extent that I'd consider anyone of the clown car republicans, but if I said I was 100% comfortable with him making the calls, I'd be lying.

GnawtyDog

Banned
but what if he WINS? :p

He has been damaged enough in this campaign to the point where I am comfortable not diablosing over him vs. Hillary. Hillary will soundly beat him. I still think he has a serious chance of beating Bernie however.

Nonetheless, if he "wins" that win will come about a brokered convention that will crash the Republican party and Trump will run third party. So again, I have no issue with him staying.

Looking at things now, there is a high chance he loses Florida (thus sinking his career or a Senate re-bid). If he does win Florida he goes to the convention to try to steal away the nomination from Trump and that splinters the party. Also while doing so he forgoes his Senate seat re-election.

There are only positives for him staying. I am like the loud grandpa in the room screaming stay, stay...while the media acts and runs their little narrative for clicks to see him drop out - who cares if he stays? His "future"..................like really?

Dude, I almost got peed on in high school getting off the subway. You're preaching to the choir.
I was going to work one day and a women was sleeping on the A train. The cops woke her up then left at the next stop. The next stop she stood in the middle of the train pulled down her pants and pissed all over the train. She went right back to sleeping.

I was going to work one day and a women was sleeping on the A train. The cops woke her up then left at the next stop. The next stop she stood in the middle of the train pulled down her pants and pissed all over the train. She went right back to sleeping.

It really is a magical city....

Actually, I'm jealous. I'd kill to live somewhere with a subway. We have a shitty bus service, and most of the drivers are in their late 70s. Weirdest bus thing that ever happened was when a woman hit another woman with a bag of cat litter and it exploded all over me.

GnawtyDog

Banned
I'll be honest. I have doubts about Bernie being able to handle foreign policy. I mean, not to the extent that I'd consider anyone of the clown car republicans, but if I said I was 100% comfortable with him making the calls, I'd be lying.

Me too. He has no platform so far. But that's nothing that can't be changed with good advisers...still troubling nonetheless. Not that I'll care in a general. I would like to see him win period.

He has been damaged enough in this campaign to the point where I am comfortable not diablosing over him vs. Hillary. Hillary will soundly beat him. I still think he has a serious chance of beating Bernie however.

Nonetheless, if he "wins" that win will come about a brokered convention that will crash the Republican party and Trump will run third party. So again, I have no issue with him staying.

Looking at things now, there is a high chance he loses Florida (thus sinking his career or a Senate re-bid). If he does win Florida he goes to the convention to try to steal away the nomination from Trump and that splinters the party. Also while doing so he forgoes his Senate seat re-election.

There are only positives for him staying. I am like the loud grandpa in the room screaming stay, stay...while the media acts and runs their little narrative for clicks to see him drop out - who cares if he stays? His "future"..................like really?

Yeah, I guess I'll be fine with him staying until Tuesday. I just want Trump to win Ohio and FL so Kasich and Rubio drop out and they have to back Trump.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

God, I love this town.

kirblar

There are a lot of areas I'd be uncomfortable w/ Bernie making calls on.

I'm assuming another debate that changed no one's mind on anything. So I missed nothing particularly interesting.

The closed nature of the Florida primary is probably far more consequential.

Tom Cotton is impressive in how little he would seem to appeal to any voter.

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/11/sen...ple-to-spiral-downward-into-heroin-addiction/

Would be fucking sad if a guy with a dead ideology in foreign policy and intense stupidity in domestic policy is a senator for 40 years.

Tom Cotton's going to be hyped as the Hillary killer in 2020 by the Establishment types assuming Rubio runs off to be Governor for 8 years to gain Executive Experience. He hits all their main points - hates the poors, loves tax cuts, was a solider and as a result, loves bombing brown people.

Tom Cotton's going to be hyped as the Hillary killer in 2020 by the Establishment types assuming Rubio runs off to be Governor for 8 years to gain Executive Experience. He hits all their main points - hates the poors, loves tax cuts, was a solider and as a result, loves bombing brown people.

I think he's great on paper but won't catch on, like Scott Walker. Just my gut feeling.

Muzy72

Banned
The GOP will probably have gone so insane by 2020 that people like Ted Cruz and Tom Cotton will be the new "establishment."

There is nothing about Cotton that appeals to Republican voters though.

Neoconservativism is dead and no GOP voter actually likes entitlement cutting or tax cuts for the rich.

He and Sasse are like Rubio if they had no general election appeal except Cotton is more embarrassing.

He's gonna get so fucked up in 2019, it's going to be embarrassing.

Sasse and Walker will have to try to beat Cruz, but good fucking luck.

Oltsu

Banned
The GOP will probably have gone so insane by 2020 that people like Ted Cruz and Tom Cotton will be the new "establishment."

Will be interesting to see whether the US turns into a 1.5 party system if the GOP actually keeps blowing up.

kmag

Not that I think it'll get much traction but the minuteman vote against Bernie accusation is actually a true one, but if it and the 'bailout' vote are the worst thing Clinton can dig up about his voting record then it's not exactly a killer.

Don't get me wrong, it's a relatively harmless amendment but it is an amendment designed to limit the Federal Government giving information to foreign governments about the minutemen.

“None of the funds made available by this Act may be used to provide a foreign government information relating to the activities of an organized volunteer civilian action group, operating in the State of California, Texas, New Mexico, or Arizona, unless required by international treaty.”

Note not Alaska,Minnesota, Michigan, New York or any of the states bordering Canada.

And the sponsors comments on the amendment are pretty stark

What this amendment does is it clarifies Congress' position on a Border Patrol practice or a practice of the US Government that tips off illegal immigrants as to where citizen patrols may be located.
As a response to the lawlessness along the Mexican border, a group has sprung up called the Minutemen Project, and the Minutemen Project is definitely not politically correct in Washington DC. However, they filled a void which the government was unable to fill.
There are over 7,000 volunteers in the Minutemen organization, and their help has been productive and good. What my amendment does is simply says that the U.S. Government cannot tip off the Mexican officials as to where these folks are located. Plain and simple, nothing fancy about it. I am sure the Border Patrol will say, oh, no, we are not doing that, and yet one of the Web pages of the Secretary of Mexico had the information very explicit, and we just do not believe that is a good practice.

In practice, the amendment would seem to be pretty meaningless, but that's hardly a good reason for voting for it. If you're going to make an election about ideological purity, then you can hardly say well it was meaningless so I'll just vote for it. Why isn't that just the usual politics?

Tom_Cody

Politico has an entire article about Little Marco's little crowds in Florida.

CdIy-5XW0AA2quw.jpg
It will be really interesting to see if Trump goes full "Jeb is a mess" on Rubio in the debate tonight. Lord knows there will be ripe material for him to work with.

That said, Rubio is melting down on his own, so it would be a tactically better play to try to court Rubio's supporters.

samn

We already know how much of a disaster Hillary is with foreign policy.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
She shouldn't be attacking him at all. Every attack is a mistake. She has won the nomination. Just move forward already. Every time she attacks him she comes out looking worse. Just say, "I respect our difference in opinion." and smile.

She shouldn't be attacking him at all. Every attack is a mistake. She has won the nomination. Just move forward already. Every time she attacks him she comes out looking worse. Just say, "I respect our difference in opinion." and smile.
Eh. Twitter preview:

#soarrogant #notacorination #whatabitch

1324596542030_7713053.png

Rubenov

Predictit acting like Hillary could lose Florida. These people are feeling the bern too much. There can't be much to that other than massive hope.

The auto bailout attack doesn't work. That was the big mistake IMO.

You can't fight simplified populism with technical complicated explanations.

Even though Hillary has been correct in a lot of her criticism, most people either won't get it or care

Rubenov

Ohh so Univision is also doing the Republican debate... oh sheeeeiiiit Trump better be ready! I heard him say the other day he expected this debate to be easy and that he could finally be able to relax, etc...

If I got something from the debate last night is that I expect Univision to go after Trump harder than any other debate so far. They will be bringing a bunch of receipts to. I hope someone at Trump's camp knows about this and prepares him accordingly.

Get the popcorn ready.

PBY

Banned
Ohh so Univision is also doing the Republican debate... oh sheeeeiiiit Trump better be ready! I heard him say the other day he expected this debate to be easy and that he could finally be able to relax, etc...

If I got something from the debate last night is that I expect Univision to go after Trump harder than any other debate so far. They will be bringing a bunch of receipts to. I hope someone at Trump's camp knows about this and prepares him accordingly.

Get the popcorn ready.
"Mister Trump - are you a racist? explain your racist policies."

Rubenov

Univision were the ones that broke it off with him after the Mexican rapists bit were they not? Yeah, they will go after him hard tonight. Watch it.

Lol that Rick scott interview on morning joe. Question is do you believe that all Muslims hate America like Trump says and he goes talking about how great Florida is as a melting Pot and tourism 4 times in a row

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Predictit acting like Hillary could lose Florida. These people are feeling the bern too much. There can't be much to that other than massive hope.
She's at 89% lol. It's like her second best state for the march primaries up for bidding after North Carolina.

Cheebo

Banned
It will be really interesting to see if Trump goes full "Jeb is a mess" on Rubio in the debate tonight. Lord knows there will be ripe material for him to work with.

That said, Rubio is melting down on his own, so it would be a tactically better play to try to court Rubio's supporters.
I think Trump only said Jeb is a mess once or twice off hand. Super Deluxe latched onto it and repeated endlessly

Diablos

Today I just realized that because Rubio is never going to win the nomination, I am going to be wearing a Trump avatar soon enough. UGH

Bronx-Man

Banned

What supporters?

Rubio has spent the last few days backtracking on the childish insults. I don't see him going there again. He's in this no where land right now. He's going to be labeled low energy by Trump if he doesn't come out swinging. If he comes out swinging, he'll look like a hypocrite.

Sanders now needs 54.07% of remaining pledged delegates to reach a majority, up from 53.38% prior to Mississippi/Michigan.

Let's see where this ends up after the 15th, which has 691 pledged delegates up for grabs (that's almost as much as the first Super Tuesday, which had 865).

Sanders now needs 54.07% of remaining pledged delegates to reach a majority, up from 53.38% prior to Mississippi/Michigan.

Let's see where this ends up after the 15th, which has 691 pledged delegates up for grabs (that's almost as much as the first Super Tuesday, which had 865).

All hope is in FL, for both sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom