• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT3| You know what they say about big Michigans - big Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

benjipwns

Banned
After listening to Bill's 2012 speech again I don't know why he seemingly can't say anything to help Hillary on the campaign trail that isn't either petty, poorly worded or just ineffective.
He doesn't want her to win. To preserve his legacy.

Same reason he tanked her in 2008 by going after Obama.

Brinbe

Great speech by Obama in Cuba. Really gonna miss him when's out of office. Really striking to see the images of Brussels cut across while he's speaking though.

I think Europe is headed down a difficult path and that things would be a lot different if an attack happened somewhere in America once again. Something major happening, especially if it is terror-related, would probably help Trump and may have even helped get him elected if it weren't for the billion other repugnant things he's said.

ampere

Please stop engaging with disastermouse! Just consider him the Tesseract of people who have shift keys.

0mL6ux.gif

Point taken

Brinbe

Rob's been battling cancer for a while and he hasn't been making good progress. So people in this city have been sadly expecting this for a while. Ford wasn't a very good mayor, but he had genuine love for this city. He has pretty young kids who have lost a father and that's the saddest part of this all.

Team Clinton All over the State today.

Bill Clinton Speaking Spokane

Chelsea rallying caucus folks in Tacoma

Hillary making $$$$ in a east side private reception with the CEO of COSTCO

Then talking to Union leaders in Everett, Talking to Tribal Leaders in Puyallup and talking to volunteers/caucus workers at Rainier Beach High School (Which is in a racially diverse/AA area in Seattle)

impirius

Public Policy Polling: Trump Could Make Life Hard for Burr in NC

Key takeaway:
Richard Burr has indicated that he will support the Republican nominee for President regardless of who it is. We find that voters are less likely to vote for Burr by a 26 point spread if he supports Trump for President- doing that would make 48% of voters in the state less inclined to vote for the incumbent compared to only 22% who would be more likely to vote for him. That's a good early indicator of the trouble Trump poses for his party. Another thing making life harder for Burr is the heavily damaged brand of Senate Republicans. Only 15% of voters in North Carolina approve of the job Mitch McConnell is doing, compared to 51% who disapprove. And one issue fueling that unpopularity is the intransigence on the Supreme Court seat- 52% of North Carolinians want to see it filled this year, compared to just 41% who think it should be left empty.
1. Trump is gonna cause so many issues down the ballot

2. North Carolina, let's do this

3. Thom Tillis buyer's remorse is real in NC... way underwater on approval (24/38)

CCS

Banned
Public Policy Polling: Donald "All of the women on The Apprentice flirted with me" Trump Could Make Life Hard for Burr in NC

Key takeaway:

1. Donald "All of the women on The Apprentice flirted with me" Trump is gonna cause so many issues down the ballot

2. North Carolina, let's do this

3. Thom Tillis buyer's remorse is real in NC... way underwater on approval (24/38)

If Trump gets the nomination we're going to need the world's tiniest violin for the Senate Republicans.

jtb

Banned
Team Clinton All over the State today.

Bill Clinton Speaking Spokane

Chelsea rallying caucus folks in Tacoma

Hillary making $$$$ in a east side private reception with the CEO of COSTCO

Then talking to Union leaders in Everett, Talking to Tribal Leaders in Puyallup and talking to volunteers/caucus workers at Rainier Beach High School (Which is in a racially diverse/AA area in Seattle)

how busy do you think it will be at Ranier Beach tonight? planning on going but not sure how early I'll need to get there

how busy do you think it will be at Ranier Beach tonight? planning on going but not sure how early I'll need to get there

Its the only public event for Hillary in the state, I think its going to be packed. Plus, I would assume it is in an area where she will have a ton of support.

I'm guessing it will likely also be on TV, since don't they usually show the rallies on those Tuesday primaries?

Its the only public event for Hillary in the state, I think its going to be packed. Plus, I would assume it is in an area where she will have a ton of support.

I'm guessing it will likely also be on TV, since don't they usually show the rallies on those Tuesday primaries?
If that's where she's having her election night speech, it'll surely be televised.

The Circus show is good. It also shows that if Mrs. Clinton doesn't want you near her, you're not getting anywhere near her. Secret Service doesn't play around.

thcsquad

After listening to Bill's 2012 speech again I don't know why he seemingly can't say anything to help Hillary on the campaign trail that isn't either petty, poorly worded or just ineffective.

I've listened to him talk about her in some campaign stops, and I think generally his anecdotes about how effective she was as first lady are good.

Now, have they been 'ineffective' in that they haven't taken center stage with everything else going on? Sure. But I don't think I've heard the media cover any of the good things he's said, only the gaffes. I had to accidentally stumble on them via youtube. I think once the general starts there will be more space for the media to cover things like this.

This might be inappropriate but do y'all think this attack might give Trump a boost? He obviously thrives on fear and this will definitley make some people afraid.

Slacker

This might be inappropriate but do y'all think this attack might give Trump a boost? He obviously thrives on fear and this will definitley make some people afraid.

Of course it's appropriate and I think it may help him in the short term. It'll certainly escalate the rhetoric coming from all of the Republican candidates.

I'm more worried about an attack in this country right before the election. If the terrorists can scare people into electing Trump they'll have the perfect terrorist recruiting tool in power for the next four years.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blog...-policy-question-then-he-called-me-beautiful/

There's a full video of his interview with the WaPo's editorial board which I haven't had a listen to yet, but also:

As the meeting ended and we were walking out of the room, I thanked Trump for taking my question. He turned to me and said, “I really hope I answered your question,” and added casually with a smile, “Beautiful.” I was stunned. I didn’t say thank you, and I don’t think I smiled.

This fucking guy.

And he's still convinced he's doing really well with minorities.

TRUMP: Well, first of all, if you look at some polls that have come out, I’m doing very well with African Americans. I’m doing, actually if you look at the polls, a lot of the polls that came out, in the, um, what do they call it? Exit polls, like from Nevada and other places, I’m doing very well with Hispanics.

ATTIAH: I think the some of the polls are saying you’re doing [in the] negatives.

TRUMP: We do, if it’s illegals, in other words, if it’s everybody, but people that are legally living here, I’m doing very well.

I guess it's just as well that he thinks blacks and Hispanics love him. His campaign will find no need to target them (not that it would matter much if they did) and he'll get like none of their vote.

Holmes

Too bad there are not many states to benefit from until Wisconsin in two weeks. Any bump would be normalized by then.

Of course it's appropriate and I think it may help him in the short term. It'll certainly escalate the rhetoric coming from all of the Republican candidates.

I'm more worried about an attack in this country right before the election. If the terrorists can scare people into electing Trump they'll have the perfect terrorist recruiting tool in power for the next four years.
It could also scare people into not electing someone with no clue what they're doing. It's impossible to tell what effect these things have on elections. Could be minimal at most. And all evidence so far says people trust her more than they trust him with the war on terror.

Slacker

It could also scare people into not electing someone with no clue what they're doing. It's impossible to tell what effect these things have on elections. Could be minimal at most. And all evidence so far says people trust her more than they trust him with the war on terror.

I agree, but my cynical side says that people don't realize that politicians don't know what they're doing sometimes. If you remember the Republican debates last time around, John Huntsman carefully tried to explain our complicated relationship with China, while everyone else basically did the Trump thing like "Screw China, USA! USA! USA!" And Republican voters followed along, ignoring the former ambassador to Chine who knew everything in favor of the other candidates who knew nothing.

Who are they going to listen to in a panic situation if there's an attack right before the election? The experienced politician who offers a reasoned, thoughtful response to the crisis, or the guy who promises to kill terrorists and their families? The Republican party has for years trained their followers to listen to the latter, so I'm a little nervous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom