• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT3| You know what they say about big Michigans - big Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

I'm currently at the hospital (I'm fine), but wanted to let everyone know that the amount of air that Mia Farrow put in Julia Stiles's IV in the 2006 version of The Omen isn't nearly enough to kill you and in no way should cause a panic attack to call the nurses if it happens.

What ever happened to julia stiles?

benjipwns

Banned
Giuliani will probably maybe I dunno endorse Trump: http://politi.co/1RdZppR
Should've quoted from this, it's too funny:
“The way I look at it, there really are only three people who will be the next president of the United States. One’s Hillary Clinton, the other’s Donald Trump, and the third is Ted Cruz,” he said at a Monday night event hosted by the Columbia University College Republicans on campus.

“So I’ll choose between those three," he said. "I’ll give you a hint: it won’t be Hillary Clinton. I seriously doubt it will be Ted Cruz. But I just want to think about it a little bit more before I do anything formally."

"I think that you gotta pick," he said. "This is the hand you’re dealt, and you’ve gotta work with it. You’ve gotta pick one of those three."

Kasich is trying to shit on Obama for not being in the US following the Belgium attacks.
Jesus Christ would it make any damn difference where he was when it happened (unless it happened to him)?

9/11 happened while Bush read books to school children in Florida. I don't remember people going "WOW HE WASNT IN
NEW YORK OR DC AT THE TIME THATS DISGRACEFUL"

It's not even really something we could have prevented. IT HAPPENED IN BELGIUM.

The problem stems from you only hearing about something when it's a gaffe.

True. I know a lot of the stories have been the media making something out of nothing but he has gaffed alot so far this campaign.

He seemed to struggle to find room to attack Bernie and make the argument for Hillary during the primary. I feel like he should have sat back and waited till the general. I'm not saying he hasn't made any good arguments but his flustered speeches calling Bernie supporters sexist or w/e just has done more damage than good.

benjipwns

Banned
9/11 happened while Bush read books to school children in Florida. I don't remember people going "WOW HE WASNT IN
I do remember criticism of him not immediately leaping up, screaming "we're all going to die!" and racing back to DC to "lead." But instead waiting until the kids were done and leaving quietly to an air force base or something.

I do remember criticism of him not immediately leaping up, screaming "we're all going to die!" and racing back to DC to "lead." But instead waiting until the kids were done and leaving quietly to an air force base or something.
That's what President Trump would have done! Real leadership requires getting everyone panicked!

Jesus Christ would it make any damn difference where he was when it happened (unless it happened to him)?

It's not even really something we could have prevented. IT HAPPENED IN BELGIUM.

I vividly remember quite a few people saying Bush should have jumped up and left the classroom ASAP and done...something. Michael Moore perhaps popularized that view in this film at the time. I don't fault Bush for staying where he was and contemplating the enormous burden that was put on his shoulders at that time. I can't even imagine what he was thinking about.

In terms of Kasich this is a very lazy, typical attack. In the real world presidents don't hop on planes and head anywhere to [insert whatever]. And he knows it.

benjipwns

Banned
index.cfm

Did they put enough switches?

I think "caucuses are dumb" is a sentiment Hillary supporters and Bernie supporters should both agree on.

I think caucuses would be fine if they weren't included in the first round of states before super Tuesday.

States that like them and want to keep them should be able to, but there's too much riding on the momentum of the first four states to have a random unorganized process like it decide it.

The "wins" in the first four states matter, because of how it effectives the media narrative, but as the race goes on because everything is proportional margins of error wins/losses don't really matter. So throwing caucuses in there I think is fine.

benjipwns

Banned
Judiciary Committee aides said the panel is always looking for more effective ways to communicate. As for any copyright concerns raised by the post, the committee argued GIFs are considered “fair use,” meaning they can be widely shared by the public without permission from their creators. The Judiciary Committee oversees copyright law.

The immigrant advocacy group National Council of La Raza was not amused, calling the post “a case study in how to ignore facts and turn a heartbreaking situation for millions of American families into a juvenile BuzzFeed rip-off.”
what killjoys

A few of those gifs don't even make sense in the context of the writing. What is the Ariel one supposed to be signifying?

Well, seeing as how Ariel was an illegal alien herself, maybe he was going for the "if we let them in, they'll steal our fair Prince's heart at an awkward dinner party" argument. Pretty compelling stuff.

Holmes

Derp. They volunteer to delegate, but then don't show up at the County convention. Derp.

hahaha

So how does that work? Is it possible that Clinton might pull Colorado after the fact in regards to pledged delegates?
Well, she lost the caucus on the 1st and there's no way to retroactively win a state (to the chagrin of Sanders supporters) but if this trend continues in all or most county conventions, Clinton can end up with more delegates from Colorado than the caucus result would imply. That's how Obama got a lot more delegates from caucus states than he "should" have, like Nevada for example (which Clinton won, but Obama ended up with more pledged delegates at the state convention).

Farmboy

I think caucuses would be fine if they weren't included in the first round of states before super Tuesday.

States that like them and want to keep them should be able to, but there's too much riding on the momentum of the first four states to have a random unorganized process like it decide it.

The "wins" in the first four states matter, because of how it effectives the media narrative, but as the race goes on because everything is proportional margins of error wins/losses don't really matter. So throwing caucuses in there I think is fine.

Why not just hold a national primary on a single day and simply tally up all the votes, the way the general election should work as well?

Might be a logistical challenge, but that should be the ideal.

Hazmat

Why not just hold a national primary on a single day and simply tally up all the votes, the way the general election should work as well?

Might be a logistical challenge, but that should be the ideal.

Because the candidate with the most money and name recognition would always win.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So that would be... Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton? We could have saved ourselves 8 months of headache.

Yea but in 2008 Obama might not have won. There's some value in stretching it out, we stretch it out far too long though. Everything after Super Tuesday should take a month. There is no good reason the election has to last the whole year.

Derp. They volunteer to delegate, but then don't show up at the County convention. Derp.

hahaha

So how does that work? Is it possible that Clinton might pull Colorado after the fact in regards to pledged delegates?
Young liberals not participating in the democratic process, well I never

Maybe there was something good on TV, I don't blame them

If only Bernie had used more gifs and memes

User 406

Banned
They don't.
My prediction model using bump stickers counts during my commute is bullet proof. I have even controlled some variables like discarding old 2008 stickers.

Here in Cleveland, I've seen one Hillary bumper sticker, and about a dozen Bernie stickers. Those are the only two cars I've seen that had stickers for this election season.

b-dubs you can't be a moron if you are raking that much dough.

Because the candidate with the most money and name recognition would always win.

This begs the question, how do we reduce the excessive length of primary season without that being a factor? Which begs the question, how exactly do other countries that have very short election seasons avoid becoming huge drawn out hairballs of marketing overload?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom