• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT3| You know what they say about big Michigans - big Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course it's appropriate and I think it may help him in the short term. It'll certainly escalate the rhetoric coming from all of the Republican candidates.

I'm more worried about an attack in this country right before the election. If the terrorists can scare people into electing Drumpf they'll have the perfect terrorist recruiting tool in power for the next four years.

I've definitely seen polling that shows Hillary being the most trusted candidate in the event of an attack on the US. People on the left may not like it, but the Obama strategy of limited boots and a lot of drones works out to be pretty popular with the public. It's taking action (something we love) without much risk (something we love to avoid).

The candidate attacks like these hurt the most is Bernie Sanders. People see him as not tough on it and not knowledgeable either. Trump at least has tough.

Chris R

This might be inappropriate but do y'all think this attack might give Trump a boost? He obviously thrives on fear and this will definitley make some people afraid.

It will. One of these "small scale" attacks on American soil in September would secure him the Presidency with ease.

Trancos

So are we all expecting something like this:?
- AZ Clinton 55-60 to 40-45
- UT Sanders 55-60 to 40-45
- ID Sanders 60-65 to 35-40

I expect a tie in delegates or very narrow win either way (which is a win for Hillary since it's basically running the clock)

ivysaur12

Banned

I expect a tie in delegates or very narrow win either way (which is a win for Hillary since it's basically running the clock)

Yeah that looks right.

Europe is a mess of governance it's times like these I'm greatful that we had founding fathers like Hamilton who told the states to shut up and federalize.

Just reading about how ineffective Belgium is at policing it's own capital from terrorism is sobering and while I'm happy we have federalism.

Feel the Bern:

Bernie Sanders joked on Monday that, when a topless woman interrupted his rally on Saturday to protest Donald Trump, he tried “very hard to get every detail” of the message on her chest.

“I was trying very hard to get every detail,” Sanders said when asked on the Arizona radio station KTAR if he could read the words on the front of her body. “No, just kidding. No.”

The host laughed and said that he actually had tried very hard to read the words (which read “hate speech is not free speech”), to which Sanders quipped, “You were really studying the issue as an investigative reporter, was that what you were doing? Good. That’s what a reporter should do.”

Sanders then seamlessly pivoted from the subject of the woman’s breasts to his economic message.

“No, actually, I was trying to focus on a couple of other things,” he said. “And what we were focusing on is the disappearance of the American middle class, the fact that almost all new income and wealth is going to the top 1% and that we need to create an economy that works for all of us and not just wealthy campaign contributors.”

From boobs to the 1% in five seconds flat.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/christopher...a-radio-host-joking-about-checking#.anBgy34LP

Europe is a mess of governance it's times like these I'm greatful that we had founding fathers like Hamilton who told the states to shut up and federalize.

Just reading about how ineffective Belgium is at policing it's own capital from terrorism is sobering and while I'm happy we have federalism.
So you think a USE would help in situations like this?

Holmes

It's so annoying that the Democratic process has more caucuses than the Republican process. Hopefully when Hillary becomes queen, she abolishes caucuses forever.

benjipwns

Banned

Huh? Belgium is a federal state, one of the few in Europe:
400px-Provinces_of_Belgium.svg.png

Man the demos that I saw about the likely voters and their age ranges, I think Clinton gets closer to 60 than not.

Wasn't it around 60-70% of likely voters will be over the age of 55?

It's so annoying that the Democratic process has more caucuses than the Republican process. Hopefully when Hillary becomes queen, she abolishes caucuses forever.
Eh it's mostly the small states where caucuses save money. Larger states should definitely be a primary though.

Brinbe

In light of recent events this is fucked to say, but I don't think an attack, god forbid, in September/October hands Trump the Presidency. Hillary is plenty tough on FP and obviously about a billion times more intelligent/trustworthy compared to Trump on this issue.

Pulled from Reddit.
I commented on that aspect of things a while ago. Tad's a career loser and a terrible adviser. Don't have much respect for how he's led Sanders' campaign.

ampere

We can no longer afford to be progressive and enlightened; regressive, reactionary and ignorant is the way forward!

Sounds a lot like Cameron in the UK: "For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'"

Brinbe

lol just saw this on twitter. He's gonna be the scape goat in a major way when the Sanders train finally ends. Not that it's not deserved....

56SvOBx.jpg

The 69% that voted for Bernie, in the Democrats Abroad Primary, didn't have to wait long to be handsomely rewarded for their support, with Bernie's spot on foreign policy speech (transcript; in my video snapshot, he's highlighting his modest 5 pledged delegate win):

This will require compromises on both sides, but I believe it can be done. I believe that Israel, the Palestinians, and the international community can, must, and will rise to the ocassion and do what needs to be done to achieve a lasting peace in a region of the world that has seen so much war, so much conflict and so much suffering.

It is absurd for elements within the Netanyahu government to suggest that building more settlements in the West Bank is the appropriate response to the most recent violence. It is also not acceptable that the Netanyahu government decided to withhold hundreds of millions of Shekels in tax revenue from the Palestinians, which it is supposed to collect on their behalf.

After five years of brutal conflict, the only solution in Syria will be, in my view, a negotiated political settlement. Those who advocate for stronger military involvement by the U.S. to oust Assad from power have not paid close enough attention to history. That would simply prolong the war and increase the chaos in Syria, not end it.

Yes, Hillary, you've learned absolutely nothing, from your grievous foreign policy stances, supporting the removal of Saddam Hussein and then Colonel Gaddafi, as you are now all for creating yet another political vacuum in Syria, by advocating for the removal of Assad...

Given this landmark Foreign Policy speech from Bernie, which demonstrates in no uncertain terms, that our nation would be in very safe, and measured hands, on foreign policy issues, where is Hillary stronger again?

CCS

Banned
lol just saw this on twitter. He's gonna be the scape goat in a major way when the Sanders train finally ends. Not that it's not deserved....

56SvOBx.jpg

I don't have any moral opposition to people being paid well for important jobs. It is, however, an insult to the entire fucking universe that someone as utterly incompetent as him gets paid that much.

NeoXChaos

Delusional maybe Weaver and Devine but how are they morons?

Could all just be an act and they know the gravity of their situation. You don't get paid $800,000 spewing stupid on strategy.

This whole increasing nationalism mentality is kind of scaring me. Wasn't that one of the things that helped cause world war 1? I'm not saying that will happen anytime soon, but if this trend continues for say, another 10+ years and ISIS attacks get worse things could get ugly. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a new, more radical and nationalistic conservative party in power at that time and Trump (well I guess the tea party) was just the beginning.

benjipwns

Banned
Was Bernie Madoff a moron?
Actually, yeah, kinda, he himself admitted he was shocked he was allowed to go on for as long as he did considering the scheme. He wasn't even faking trades.

The SEC never bothered to investigate him beyond asking him if he was doing anything illegal. And they had numerous people inform them of the ponzi scheme and how exactly it worked. Which they dismissed because they came from people who could potentially profit off Madoff being exposed.

Trancos

Huh? Belgium is a federal state, one of the few in Europe:
400px-Provinces_of_Belgium.svg.png

As a son of immigrants born in Belgium I can tell you that the country has it fair share of political / nationalistic / immigration problems for decades. Wallons (south french speaking) and Flemish don't get along very well. In fact they wouldn't get along at all if it wasn't for the Diable Rouges (national team). The country can take months after an election before they decide on a government.
If you think Florida 2000 was bad you should read about Belgium 2007-2011
Add a lot of north african migration (decades before the Syrian Crisis) that have always been relegated to gethos. And you get a country that don't talk much to each other and were everyone mind their own business in their own secluded community.

ps. I love Belgium but politically it's been a mess for a long time.

pigeon

Banned
Daniel B·;198903626 said:
(transcript; in my video snapshot, he's highlighting his modest 5 pledged delegate win):

This puts a whole new light on why he's always shaking one finger in conversations. He's just being conservative about his possible margin of victory!

ivysaur12

Banned
I'm currently at the hospital (I'm fine), but wanted to let everyone know that the amount of air that Mia Farrow put in Julia Stiles's IV in the 2006 version of The Omen isn't nearly enough to kill you and in no way should cause a panic attack to call the nurses if it happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom