• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT3| You know what they say about big Michigans - big Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoXChaos

Bernie Sanders' presidential campaign has spent $3.4 million on advertisements in this week's contests, including $1.3 in Arizona (which holds its primary today) and $1.4 million in Washington (which holds its caucuses on Saturday), according to ad-spending data from SMG Delta.

By contrast, Hillary Clinton's campaign has spent $600,000 in just one state - Arizona.

Alex Seitz-Wald ‏@aseitzwald 50m50 minutes ago
Sanders flooding airwaves this wk. 2x+ Clinton $ in AZ, up in ID, HI, UT, WA while she's $0. via

Hillary spend some money!!

Farmboy

This time, sure. Clinton would have won in 2008 if this was the way things worked though, so that changes things a bit.

Depends on how long the ramp-up would be. Could still be quite long. Also, there's a good chance of there being one or more run-offs. Those could be spaced out.

Kangi

Washington gets thrown into the spotlight, as I think it will be Sanders Largest delegate win, statement win.

I have faith that the Asian vote is secretly in Hillary's pocket and Washington state will be delivered.

I have no such faith. Freakin' white people!

I live in Utah and its going Cruz hardcore. Its all I hear from everyone. I know its anecdotal but its hard to ignore when EVERY single person I know and run into is voting for Ted Cruz.

Holmes

Washington allows for absentee voting in their caucus and Clinton's campaign has been sending ballots with the return address already on them to Democrats. But she should still lose, yeah.

The idea of a national primary day is interesting because you're essentially just asking for the candidates to ignore all the states except the big delegate prizes since those will be the difference makers. That goes against what a primary is. It's supposed to be more up close and personal.

But then again if you're a candidate who just ignores large swaths of the country because it's not typically friendly to you, then what difference does it make.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Washington allows for absentee voting in their caucus and Clinton's campaign has been sending ballots with the return address already on them to Democrats. But she should still lose, yeah.

That's pretty smart. She's totally going to lose, but it'd be pretty funny if she won.

Let's get nuts and say hillary pulls and upset and gets 2/3. Would Bernie keep going?
Yes. He is not out of this until he's technically fully mathematically eliminated (and even then he'll just say the superdelegates can switch) or until he runs out of money. Devine has the gravy train in overdrive.

At worst she losses around 5-15% in Washington at best it is a tie ,or with her edging a win, but since it would be a tie basically to everyone else it won't deter him much.

The best she can do is tie with the white vote and have a huge lead with minorities.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe you guys are just a bunch of old farts who don't understand gif blogs

200w.gif

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
At worst she losses around 5-15% in Washington at best it is a tie ,or with her edging a win, but since it would be a tie basically to everyone else it won't deter him much.

The best she can do is tie with the white vote and have a huge lead with minorities.

A tie in Washington would be brutal for Bernie, he's expected to blow her out of the water in the pacific northwest.

Really? I think Washington is a state that Sanders will win 60-40. The lack of a minority population is going to hurt.

I live in Utah and its going Cruz hardcore. Its all I hear from everyone. I know its anecdotal but its hard to ignore when EVERY single person I know and run into is voting for Ted Cruz.
I take it Trump questioning Mitt Romney's faith didn't play very well lol. Dude is just a sniping troll. He'd be banned instantly on neogaf.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
I have faith that the Asian vote is secretly in Hillary's pocket and Washington state will be delivered.

I have no such faith. Freakin' white people!

If my FB feed indicates anything, basically every (young) asian person in Washington I know went to the Bernie rally. I get the feeling the Puget Sound Asian vote is probably Sanders over Clinton (makes some sense I suppose - seeing as many of us have parents who have seen poverty and wealth disparities that put the US to shame).

Curious to see how Olympia / Spokane / non Puget Sound turns out.

EDIT:

LOL. Clinton taking Rubio talking points as dog-whistles? Strange ass bedfellows this election.

The popularity of the Seattle Sounders alone is enough of an indication how Washington is a young, white, liberal godless hipster state and Bernie will crush it.

BSsBrolly

Banned
It's a caucus. You can apparently vote online though.

Trump is hugely unpopular in the state. If Cruz doesn't break the 50% mark, I'll be surprised.

Voting online works if you're voting GOP, I guess the democrats here decided not to... Looks like I have to burn an hour of my time caucusing for Hillary. God dammit.

Edit: and Fuck Ted Cruz. I loathe that slimy bastard. I wish he'd slither away for good.

Just got an email from the Sanders campaign trumpeting the Democrats Abroad results by saying Bernie netted more delegates than Hillary did from her wins in Massachusetts, Illinois and Missouri combined!

Now how about Florida, Virginia, Ohio, North Carolina, Georgia, Louisiana etc.?

Plus Hillary didn't net any delegates from Illinois so it feels like cheating to include it... Oh well at least he acknowledged the fact that she won some Northern states.

60-40 in Washington is about what both candidates need to maintain their position, which means Hillary can afford to do a little worse while Bernie needs to do much better.

Makai

Is that what it's supposed to be? Or is that just what it's turned into as states fight each other to get earlier primaries and inflated influence?
Yes, and the dinky states up front gives virtual unknowns like Bill Clinton a chance to be president.

Just got an email from the Sanders campaign trumpeting the Democrats Abroad results by saying Bernie netted more delegates than Hillary did from her wins in Massachusetts, Illinois and Missouri combined!

Now how about Florida, Virginia, Ohio, North Carolina, Georgia, Louisiana etc.?

Plus Hillary didn't net any delegates from Illinois so it feels like cheating to include it... Oh well at least he acknowledged the fact that she won some Northern states.

oooof.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom