• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT3| You know what they say about big Michigans - big Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Meanwhile I'm over here in Indiana wondering what the state is going to fuck over this week.

Oof. I'm actually visiting here this week (South Bend), fwiw.

Berkeley/San Francisco. I swear it feels like both cities sometimes try to out liberal each other.

It's...sadly kind of true. Portland has little brother syndrome when it comes to Seattle, but Seattle has little brother syndrome when it comes to SF. It's kind of hilarious.

ooof. too many hardcore democrats/elderaly/unions for that to happen. whats not viable 85-15?

I'd say it is more likely that Sanders is made non-viable in PR than it is clinton in washington.
Ya, 15% is the threshold. Hillary was nearly viable in freaking Vermont, so her chances of being non viable anywhere else is slim.

what's so special about Puerto Rico? Its a caucus which is Bernie's specialty or the sheer of demographics make that a disadvantage.

there is no white people there. Clinton beat Obama handidly there (63-46?) and one latino reporter said Clinton would have done better than Marco in PR.

Armaros

what's so special about Puerto Rico? Its a caucus which is Bernie's specialty or the sheer of demographics make that a disadvantage.

It's worth quite of bit of delegates for the normally lack of attention they get.

And demographics, Bernie has no white college campuses to campaign from. His campaign strategy is to use colleges as a launch point to spread his grassroots.

That doesn't work well in PR.

NeoXChaos

Hillary does bad in caucuses or the demographics make her do bad in them?

Hawaii is heavy minority but everyone thinks its going for Sanders.

Caucuses do tend to favor the candidate with the more excited base. They're typically open, and are easier to changeregistrations. Turnout is low in them, so it's easier to over perform. Most caucus States are smaller and less diverse, although there are exceptions. I, for one, think she has a decent chance in Hawaii.

Last time in 08? Obama crushed her in a caucus, but Clinton won a primary held later. It was weird having both a caucus and a primary.

Seeing this Cuba trip makes me wonder if I'll be alive to see it happen with Iran or North Korea.

NK? who knows..only thing that can save the country now is a military coup of some kind.

Cuba was bound to happen sooner or later. Once Fidel died, and Russia its 'sponsor' started to run out of money, it was just a matter of time before Cuba swung back into our sphere.

Unless they've been playing the most elaborate version of Weekend at Bernie's of all time, I'm pretty sure he's still alive.

Yep. He still pops up once a year to make sure everyone knows he's still around.
Man, that would be kind of amazing to see.. I always wanted Weekend at Bernie's cross The Great Dictator.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Giuliani was just on Fox News being a crazy person like always.

He kept on ragging on Obama, acting like he was doing anything. Giuliani was blaming him for a number of terrorist attacks happening in the last 8 years. Even the show host had to ask him if he was including world wide figures in that because the numbers didn't add up. Giuliani said he was blaming Obama for the European attacks as well. He went on about Obama being a weak leader and how "Europe doesn't think we have a President" "Poland doesn't think we have a President". I have a coworker from Poland that wasn't familiar with Giuliani and was like "WTF is he saying!?" "Poland loves Obama".

Holmes

Is this adam?

CeLS-TIUAAEvieU.jpg

ampere

Iran probably in the next 20-30 years if shit doesn't backslide. North Korea is a whole different can of worms and will probably get way worse before it gets better.

Best case scenario with NK you've got 25M brainwashed people to feed and try to integrate into society, probably in China. I'm not sure it's even worth trying to revamp the infrastructure where they are currently

Is this adam?

CeLS-TIUAAEvieU.jpg

A Hillary supporter in the wild? They are real!

Best case scenario with NK you've got 25M brainwashed people to feed and try to integrate into society, probably in China. I'm not sure it's even worth trying to revamp the infrastructure where they are currently

A Hillary supporter in the wild? They are real!

obviously photoshopped. those dont exist

Cerium

Giuliani was just on Fox News being a crazy person like always.

He kept on ragging on Obama, acting like he was doing anything. Giuliani was blaming him for a number of terrorist attacks happening in the last 8 years. Even the show host had to ask him if he was including world wide figures in that because the numbers didn't add up. Giuliani said he was blaming Obama for the European attacks as well. He went on about Obama being a weak leader and how "Europe doesn't think we have a President" "Poland doesn't think we have a President". I have a coworker from Poland that wasn't familiar with Giuliani and was like "WTF is he saying!?" "Poland loves Obama".
Giuliani has been pretty much blacklisted from all the other networks ever since he said Obama wasn't raised to love America.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom