• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT3| You know what they say about big Michigans - big Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're similar in that neither understands the designed slow progress our layers of government create. /metsfan

I've been so out of the loop the last two weeks with this newborn. Have zero clue what's going on outside of my bubble. I see us Trump prognosticators still done have shiny tags or anything so I'm going to assume the brokered convention is still on.

Hope the baby, you and wife are doing well. :) Hopefully, ya'll are getting at least a little bit of sleep.

Hillary being elected might actually generate more salt than Obama's re-election. If you'd told me that back in 2012 I'd have said it was impossible.

It would depend on expectations.

the GOP was absolutely convinced Romney was going to win on election day and it wouldn't be close.

If the writing is on the wall with trump, it'll be past the salt level by then. More likely depression.

Touchdown

Banned

“Kasich” rhymes with “basic.”

the shade of it all.

0ef479599c.gif

It would depend on expectations.

the GOP was absolutely convinced Romney was going to win on election day and it wouldn't be close.

If the writing is on the wall with trump, it'll be past the salt level by then. More likely depression.

I'd expect more anger than depression. Anger and outrage from establishment types as they watch the monster they created destroy the party. Anger from "conservatives" opposed to Trump who see him as another RINO. And of course anger from Trump supporters who feel the GOP betrayed them and caused Trump to lose. Hillary is walking into an ugly situation, assuming republicans keep the House. There will be no bipartisanship.

Very curious to see what type of changes the RNC makes for the 2020 primaries. You could say open primaries gave them Trump, but closed primaries would have given them Cruz. Regardless the base is so radicalized that nothing the RNC does in the short term will fix this. Nor is this an age demographic issue because even younger white republicans are radicalized.

Hope Ivy is okay :(

My grandma had a heart attack last week and then spent the entire time in the hospital making racist comments to the (Indian) doctor. What a strange feeling.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
the shade of it all.

0ef479599c.gif
Er, I'm pretty sure that's the exact way Kasich himself explains the pronunciation of his name to people. I swear I remember him interrupting a questioner at a town hall with "it's Kasich, rhymes with basic".

Iolo

Er, I'm pretty sure that's the exact way Kasich himself explains the pronunciation of his name to people. I swear I remember him interrupting a questioner at a town hall with "it's Kasich, rhymes with basic".

jeez oh man, that is some Kasich kitsch

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
SELF CLOCKAGE

Obviously Bill is not a fan of Obama on various levels but I think his recent comments are moreso about him aging and becoming more clumsy in his wording than any sign that he's attacking the president publicly. Even the comment about the "Obama painting" of America not including some (white?) people seems like a bad attempt at idealistic flair.

Nor do I feel like his 2012 speech revealed his true views of the president. Yes as a democrat he probably feels Obama has been successful in a variety of ways, especially healthcare. But that speech seemed more like a down payment than anything else. He needed a successful, re-elected Obama in order to secure Hillary's 2016 run. Just as they need Obama this year to go around the country trying to excite minorities and young people about voting for her.

NeoXChaos

Obviously Bill is not a fan of Obama on various levels but I think his recent comments are moreso about him aging and becoming more clumsy in his wording than any sign that he's attacking the president publicly. Even the comment about the "Obama painting" of America not including some (white?) people seems like a bad attempt at idealistic flair.

Nor do I feel like his 2012 speech revealed his true views of the president. Yes as a democrat he probably feels Obama has been successful in a variety of ways, especially healthcare. But that speech seemed more like a down payment than anything else. He needed a successful, re-elected Obama in order to secure Hillary's 2016 run. Just as they need Obama this year to go around the country trying to excite minorities and young people about voting for her.

I read somewhere that part of the deal was Obama would return the favor for Hillary when she ran again.

User1608

Banned
The last few days have certainly been eventful and sad. My condolences to the victims of the attacks at Brussels.

And how the hell do people think Bill is trying to downplay Obama?? Considering his wife was a pretty major player of his first term and administration as SoS...

The last few days have certainly been eventful and sad. My condolences to the victims of the attacks at Brussels.

And how the hell do people think Bill is trying to downplay Obama?? Considering his wife was a pretty major player of his first term and administration as SoS...

Even if he was, Bernie "Let's Primary Obama" Sanders is not the person to be making that argument.

Looks like there are some funky stuff going on Arizona re party affiliation

You have to be registered Democrat to vote in the Democratic primary. If you're still listed as an Independent, you have to vote provisionally. If they can confirm you did, in fact, switch your registration prior to the deadline, they'll count your ballot later. If the person never made the change, they're SOL because it's a closed Primary.

If a lot of these are Bernie people, his campaign should have been on top of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom