• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT3| You know what they say about big Michigans - big Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
kos said:
Just like Howard Dean taught us 10 years ago, you can’t build a meaningful progressive campaign without the support of African-Americans, Hispanics and Asians.

I mean, this is the takeaway from 2016 for me. But Bernie did win Hispanics in Nevada.

I mean, this is the takeaway from 2016 for me. But Bernie did win Hispanics in Nevada.

tumblr_n3ogawkWJl1qes31ho1_500.gif

NeoXChaos

Kyle Kondik ‏@kkondik 12m12 minutes ago
However, Sanders needs more than just narrow, upset wins, given the delegate math

Kyle Kondik ‏@kkondik 12m12 minutes ago
Given HRC's propensity to disappoint & Sanders' spending edge, I wonder if Arizona might be another surprise. Not much data there
Kyle Kondik ‏@kkondik 6m6 minutes ago
Kyle Kondik Retweeted mkempner
This is true. Even 65% in all remaining caucuses and 55% in all remaining primaries wouldn't do it

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions

Maybe? I thought some of the district returns looked like maybe he did not.
Exit polling showed he did, but some of the polling from other states IIRC said he did not.

Iolo

To be fair it wouldn't be a Hillary campaign without overconfidence, surprise loss, scrambling back for surprise win, and repeat.

It's Bernie.

Source? I couldn't find sweet FA on Google, just Cenk's TYT video from yesterday, essentially suggesting that, given the popularity of the TYT Network, among potential Bernie supporters, Bernie could reach more voters, than doing interviews on traditional TV media.

If Bernie has indeed finally agreed to an interview, which I've argued previously, TYT unquestionably deserves (they played a significant role in highlighting the various issues that Bernie's campaign is all about, and leading up to the first debate (also in recent weeks), were very pro-Bernie (Cenk, Ana and Jimmy - John has remained largely lukewarm, since first debate)), and although I think he wouldn't win over many more voters, purely because TYT viewers are pro-Bernie already, having just outlined, in detail, his foreign policy positions, which were just what we had been hoping for (and I have absolutely no reason to question the sincerity of his remarks), plus "cross fingers", a great night tonight, an in-person interview with Cenk, could nonetheless be epic :).

gcubed

Daniel B·;198952012 said:
Source? I couldn't find sweet FA on Google, just Cenk's TYT video from yesterday, essentially suggesting that, given the popularity of the TYT Network, among potential Bernie supporters, Bernie could reach more voters, than doing interviews on traditional TV media.

If Bernie has indeed finally agreed to an interview, which I've argued previously, TYT unquestionably deserves (they played a significant role in highlighting the various issues that Bernie's campaign is all about, and leading up to the first debate (also in recent weeks), were very pro-Bernie (Cenk, Ana and Jimmy - John has remained largely lukewarm, since first debate), and although I think he wouldn't win over many more voters, purely because TYT viewers are pro-Bernie already, having just outlined, in detail, his foreign policy positions, which were just what we had been hoping for (and I have absolutely no reason to question the sincerity of his remarks), plus "cross fingers", a great night tonight, an in-person interview with Cenk, could nonetheless be epic :).

thats... quite the sentence

Rachel trying so damn hard to pretend that Bernie's caucus strategy is the same as Obama's in 2008.

Of course it is. Except, you know, Bernie didn't win the south. Didn't run up margins anywhere. But other than that, it's identical.

ctothej

So with early voting and it being a closed primary, is there any reason Arizona won't swing Hillary? Predictit has her at 85c right now, which honestly seems low.

So with early voting and it being a closed primary, is there any reason Arizona won't swing Hillary? Predictit has her at 85c right now, which honestly seems low.

The only reason to doubt Hillary is that there hasn't been a ton of polling. Everything points to her winning comfortably.

hawk2025

Daniel B·;198953354 said:
You should see my source code ;) (actually, it's v. clean; from 20+ yrs coding experience), but was the TYT Bernie interview just a windup?

I'm surprised that it compiles.

You don't tend to forget to close parentheses?

Rachel Maddow is wonky as hell, and I love it. You an tell she just loves this shit. I don't like her bullshitting about the importance of caucuses, but get it gurl.

Also, I love when Hillary wears leather.

Iolo

Daniel B·;198953354 said:
You should see my source code ;) (actually, it's v. clean; from 20+ yrs coding experience), but was the TYT Bernie interview just a windup?

I suspected you were a Lisper

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
So I watched Trump's AIPAC speech. I expected much better from the comments I read. It was good in the sense that he said the right things considering how low expectations were, had some humour, almost making fun of his character a little, but for something read from a teleprompter I expected better.

The one thing I would have made sure to say is attack Cruz's "non-neutral" line:

"I'm sure you've heard another candidate say that he would not be neutral on the peace process, and in fact attacked me for saying that I would be neutral. I'm sure you've heard about it, some even think it was a mistake for me to say I would be neutral on the peace process. Let's make this clear: for the past eight years this country hasn't been neutral on this issue, it hasn't been! *applause* And you know things are worst off for Israel as a result. Obama didn't come out and say he wouldn't be neutral, but he wasn't, and the result of that was an erosion of our relationship and an increasingly isolated Israel at the negotiation table, if there was a table left at all.

But let me tell you this: the day the United States of America's president would say "we won't be neutral on the peace process" is the day the United States of America would make its support of Israel irrelevant, it's the day that Israel would immediately find itself on its own, because no one else would show up at the negotiation table if we did, and if we didn't show up then who would be there to make sure that Israel gets a fair deal? Nobody; Israel would be on its own, and let's face it, there would really be no more peace process at all, and we all know where that would lead.

I will not take a position that will make the United States of America's support for Israel irrelevant, I will not take a position that will leave Israel isolated, I will not let Israel be on its own at the negotiation table and get no fair deal. If I become president, I guarantee you, the United States of America's support for Israel will never become irrelevant, dattebayo!"

User 406

Banned
At this point it is hilarious

If there were no black people, Bernie would have no reason to run, because white people would have never voted to ditch the labor protections and social safety nets they started building with the New Deal.

Remember, Republicans once had to pay lip service like this:
49aee72350f46703f382dc7ea4a8bb0a.jpg

Iolo

You have to spend money to make money.

*until we at last replace capitalism with the dictatorship of the proletariat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom