• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT3| You know what they say about big Michigans - big Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cerium

Is this Trump's revenge?

C2Xzdfi.jpg

pigeon

Banned
Non dst sucks. I hate early darkness.

DST kills people. Car accidents are up X% the week after daylight savings where X is a value I have not bothered to look up but I know it's positive and very probably double digits. Just say no to changing your clocks twice a year for no good reason.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
DST kills people. Car accidents are up X% the week after daylight savings where X is a value I have not bothered to look up but I know it's positive and very probably double digits. Just say no to changing your clocks twice a year for no good reason.
Darkness at 430 also kills people!

Cerium

Just make Supers fall proportionally to their state results. Problem solved.

Then you might as well just get rid of them because what's the point?

They were created to prevent a Trump scenario, but as we've seen in this cycle, if you ever actually use them as intended you'll split the party and get fucked anyway.

AZ is in two time zones since not every county recognizes DST. That's why they're holding the results.

Growing up in Indiana we didn't recognize DST until shortly before I moved away. The main way I would notice the time change was that a bunch of TV shows would shift their air times by an hour.

Honestly, I prefer not to have DST. I don't like having to shift my schedule by an hour twice a year.

Sure. But you're then subverting the voice of the people. Something superdelegates have never done.

Well no one has reached true delegate count.

Supers don't really represent the people either. Sure they haven't gone against who has the majority of candidates but that's only to save face... To keep their party together. Interest of the people is second to them.

Anyway. I think in your hypothetical situation for Bernie to argue for more super votes it's perfectly fine.

Holmes

Growing up in Indiana we didn't recognize DST until shortly before I moved away. The main way I would notice the time change was that a bunch of TV shows would shift their air times by an hour.
That sounds so weird. Almost like you're living in a different place from the rest of the country.

This isn't that surprising. Obviously, Obama needed the Supers, as did....I want to say Kerry....but I'm not 100% on that.

Mondale needed the supers in 1984, or at least a few of them. He got the vast majority anyways since he was pretty far ahead in pledged delegates and the preferred candidate of most of the party establishment.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
DST kills the world by increasing energy consumption.
If you're not being sarcastic, there have been numerous studies in recent years showing that any energy savings from DST in modern times is negligible at best. Some even point to an increase in energy consumption.

Bowdz

If the Ted Cruz affair story is true, I will literally shit a brick. LITERALLY. There will be a brick in my toilet. FUCKING TOO GOOD SON. GOOD SHIT BROOOOOO

Early Maricopa voting info

DE LA FUENTE, ROQUE ''ROCKY'' 1109
STEINBERG, MICHAEL 893
SANDERS, BERNIE 67059
O'MALLEY, MARTIN J. 1678
CLINTON, HILLARY* 114186
HEWES, HENRY 713

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom