• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT3| You know what they say about big Michigans - big Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

watershed

Banned
So what happened to the dem delegate count? Did Bernie narrow a few? Has he given superdelegates the justification they need to jump enmasse to save his campaign yet? As Idaho goes, so goes the nation?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
He got like 5 net delegates I think. Hillary really blows. Sad!

Every day, every afternoon, every night, Hillary looks behind her and into her rear view mirror and she sees Bernie catching up. This old man will bring the revolution.*

*actual comment from 538 complaining about Harry Enten being biased

CCS

Banned
It's hilarious how TYT have become the very thing they accused Fox News of. Angry bitter shills who make up shit. They are an embarrassment to liberals.

I often wonder if they have the self-awareness to realise just how hypocritical they've become.

Anyone else get annoyed when some Sanders supporters claim fraud and a DNC conspiracy when Sanders loses a state-run primary and then turn around and laud the results of DNC-run caucuses?

Diablos

It's hilarious how TYT have become the very thing they accused Fox News of. Angry bitter shills who make up shit. They are an embarrassment to liberals.
And to be purely objective, not caring about either candidate, after all these years they still act like a bunch of rookies who have no idea how to run a network. They ramble and obsess incessantly and are just as amateur as they were in 2008. It's stupid. I wish they'd get a clue.

Cheebo

Banned
My favorite was on the last Super Tuesday Cenk proclaiming he hopes the GOP nominates Kasich if Hillary is the nominee. He has entirely lost it. He just wants Hillary to lose, that's all he cares about.

Diablos

My favorite was on the last Super Tuesday Cenk proclaiming he hopes the GOP nominates Kasich if Hillary is the nominee since he is the most likely to beat Hillary. He has entirely lost it.
He's always been a huge asshole who never had the skills to match his ego.

He nets fewer delegates than I initially thought, probably because it's not directly proportional but rather divided into CDs.

AZ 46/23; HRC +23; 6 still unallocated
UT 7/18; BS +11; 8 still unallocated
ID 6/17; BS +11

She's +1 on the allocated delegates, but will fall into net negative probably when the remaining are allocated.

Also word clouds from Quinnipiac poll.
HRC
us03232016_wordcloudHC_umk53pw.jpg

Trump

benjipwns

Banned
Oh, John:
Ted Cruz is suggesting he'd find a place for Republican rival John Kasich in his future administration if Kasich agrees to drop out of the presidential race and supports him.

Cruz noted that it's mathematically impossible for Kasich to reach the 1,237 delegates needed to secure the GOP nomination. So the only role Kasich is playing now is that of a "spoiler" by taking votes that could have gone to Cruz. And that is only serving to help front-runner Donald Trump, Cruz says.

In an interview Wednesday on CNN's "New Day," Cruz said of Kasich: "I think he'd be a tremendous addition to an administration."

Nearly half of the supporters of Ohio Gov. John Kasich would vote for Donald Trump, not Ted Cruz, as their second choice, according to the results of a Quinnipiac University national poll released Wednesday. And more than half of Cruz's backers suggested they would do the same with their man out of the race.

Asked whom they would like to win the GOP nomination, 43 percent of the 652 Republicans surveyed said they wanted Trump to emerge as the party's choice in Cleveland, followed by 29 percent for Cruz and just 16 percent for Kasich, with 9 percent undecided.

In a head-to-head matchup between Trump and Cruz among supporters of Kasich, the Manhattan real-estate mogul earned 46 percent support, compared to 37 percent for Cruz and 12 percent undecided. While the Texas senator drew slim advantages among tea party supporters, white, born-again evangelicals and those describing themselves as very conservative, Trump drew far greater support from Kasich supporters who described themselves as somewhat conservative, moderate or liberal, as well as among men, women and those 45 years and older.

In the event Cruz is the odd man out, 56 percent said they would vote for Trump, with just 25 percent opting for Kasich and 13 percent undecided. More than seven-in-10 (71 percent) of Cruz's tea party supporters said they would vote for Trump over the Ohio governor, along with strong majorities in every demographic and ideological group, including those describing themselves as moderate or liberal.

HylianTom

Banned
Cruz is quite beatable, but I want to run against someone with Trump's unheard-of negatives. We've seen campaigns where one or both candidates are underwater on favorables, but never anything like what Donald's carrying around his neck.

The downballot effects.. just thinking of them makes my bulbous naughty parts all tingly..

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
If anything, Jeb endorsing Cruz hurts Cruz. The whole point of Cruz's appeal is that he's a different kind of republican from the ones that lost to Barry Hussein. His relative success is mostly due to the GOP thinking they just need to nominate a "true conservative" and then the country will come around to the GOP.

You're right about the thinking, but I can't see any reason an independent would vote for Cruz.

Warmonger? Check.
Hatred of Muslims? Check.
Flat tax and VAT that would destroy the lower-class? Check.

I mean, there is nothing there that should appeal to anybody outside of the far right.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
You're right about the thinking, but I can't see any reason an independent would vote for Cruz.

I think he fully drinks the koolaid, and if that's the case there won't be any moderating for the GE.

I'm really seriously considering volunteering for the Clinton campaign. I'm in Virginia, and I wish I had done it earlier before the primary when it might have been more useful. But I'm interested in it, although I have no idea what it entails. Is it something you can do while still having a full time job? Or would they just conflict too much for me to offer any actual help?

Tesseract

Banned
I'm really seriously considering volunteering for the Clinton campaign. I'm in Virginia, and I wish I had done it earlier before the primary when it might have been more useful. But I'm interested in it, although I have no idea what it entails. Is it something you can do while still having a full time job? Or would they just conflict too much for me to offer any actual help?

You were the chosen one

No, it is still a lot of help. You can sign up to phone bank from home for the upcoming primaries if that's something you want to do. A few hours in total helps a ton. If you want to do on the ground stuff, that probably won't start until after she gets the nomination, but you can always check on her website. 99% of people who volunteer, I'd say, work full time.

What last night did, if nothing else, is once again confirm that you cannot win the Democratic nomination without trying to appeal to minorities. Sanders won two 90% white states. Hillary won a state that's 70% white. That tells you what the Democratic electorate looks like today, and addressing intersectionality is vital if you want to be a national candidate.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions

If the polling looks anywhere near close i'm going to volunteer this fall too. One of the few good things about being in Florida (sorta).

At this rate, Sanders could catch up with Clinton after just another 150 states.

FUCK!!!!

Sanders announces the annexation of the entirety of Europe and Asia to produce enough delegates to catch up to Clinton.

Supporters deem this to be a smart move by gaming the system that Hillary has established of invading other countries for the greater good of America and the world.

gcubed

Jann Wenner endorsed Hillary so expect people to get all worked up about political articles at Rolling Stone now.

yawn. The current crop of Bernie Sanders people (the ones that flip out online) are the current wave of Ron Paul supporters. "We are so loud online, how are we losing?!?!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom