• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT3| You know what they say about big Michigans - big Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.
She's probably going to hit the official 2,383 number with superdelegates over the next month or so.

At that point, does it matter? Why would they flip at that point?

Honestly if it was anyone other than outsider Bernie, he'd have dropped by now.

HylianTom

Banned
Monmouth University National GOP

If Trump leads in July:
Unite behind the leader - 54%
Nominate someone else via contested convention - 34%

(Of Trump supporters) If Trump is not the nominee after leading into a contested convention:
Vote 3rd party or vote Hillary or not vote at all - 47%
Back the selected candidate - 43%

=======

Gooood. Goooooood.

CCS

Banned

If Trump leads in July:

(Of Trump supporters) If Trump is not the nominee after leading into a contested convention:

=======

Gooood. Goooooood.

This is the shit that makes my soul burn slow.

Haha, so according to FiveThirtyEight's Who's On Track for the Nomination tool, Clinton and Sanders both hit their targets exactly last night. 57 for Clinton and 74 for Sanders. So I guess it's a wash!

Tesseract

Banned
Haha, so according to FiveThirtyEight's Who's On Track for the Nomination tool, Clinton and Sanders both hit their targets exactly last night. 57 for Clinton and 74 for Sanders. So I guess it's a wash!

Are you still with us

Eskinoooooooooooo (I read your post, completely understand)

Kangi

That's what puts it in perspective, really. He blew her out in two states and essentially did nothing to close the gap. He can't just hit his delegate targets at this point; he needs to overperform them.

Now, if he does the same in Washington, that's a different story. She essentially put no effort in Idaho or Utah, but I hope she'll work to keep a good margin in WA. A blowout there, while not enough to change the game, is still pretty bad.

pigeon

Banned
Fraud shit talking is desperate and embarrassing.

I am still praying for that April Surprise that will FINISH Clinton, though.

Don't make me post a gif of you running from my substantive discussion about what it means to say that healthcare and free education are human rights.

PBY

Banned

If Trump leads in July:

=======

Gooood. Goooooood.

Burn the whole thing down. Pray for Cleveland.

pigeon

Banned
Trump has hit boogeyman levels

http://gawker.com/word-trump-written-in-chalk-terrifies-harms-emory-st-1766477207

....its moments like these that lead to candidates like Trump showing up, sadly enough.

No it isn't. Jesus Christ, what a ridiculous claim.

These college students are being silly (although I mean, not too surprising that a situation that requires soap and water to resolve is stressful for college freshmen), but candidates like Trump show up because of parties running directly on leveraging and increasing racism and fear for fifty years.

Blaming millenials for Trump is just about the worst thing I've seen in this thread, and I read all of Tesseract's posts.

That's what puts it in perspective, really. He blew her out in two states and essentially did nothing to close the gap. He can't just hit his delegate targets at this point; he needs to overperform them.

Now, if he does the same in Washington, that's a different story. She essentially put no effort in Idaho or Utah, but I hope she'll work to keep a good margin in WA. A blowout there, while not enough to change the game, is still pretty bad.

She is spending time in WA and has a decent ground game. I don't think it'll be a blowout.

teiresias

If Trump leads in July:

=======

Gooood. Goooooood.

Will that 47% that would vote Hillary or not vote be cancelled out by bitter Bernie supporters voting for Trump?

He's attacking Cruz for it when Cruz had nothing to do with it. Trump's a dumbass. A successful dumbass, but a dumbass nonetheless.

Well an anti Trump superpac is basically supporting Cruz now for president, so either way he should have came out and said he doesn't condone that kind of behaviour.

Obama proved that beating Clinton and the establishment machine is possible. The DNC did not sit back and rig it for Hillary. The current sitting president proved it isn't true. Bernie is no Obama. It's that simple

jtb

Banned
I was surprised (though shouldn't have been) at how packed the Hillary rally was yesterday. 1000+ people couldn't make it in the door. If she mobilizes the unions (especially with the Boeing connection), could be closer than expected.

Are you still with us

Eskinoooooooooooo (I read your post, completely understand)

tumblr_inline_nls1m9mnC71qdtfig.gif

Yeah. That's been the story of this primary, it seems. Even when Bernie brings his A-game, it's only enough to not fall behind. He can't win for losing, I guess.

Holmes

So I ended up not going to the Clinton speech at Stanford, unfortunately. I had no way of getting there. So I'm at work instead. :\

Haha. Some dude with a Bernie button in his bag is looking like he wants to stab me cause I'm wearing my new Hillary shirt. He's so bitching on Reddit right now.

I was surprised (though shouldn't have been) at how packed the Hillary rally was yesterday. 1000+ people couldn't make it in the door. If she mobilizes the unions (especially with the Boeing connection), could be closer than expected.

That's exactly what her campaign is doing. It's probably how she won Nevada.

CCS

Banned
Hahaha. Walked right into that one. <3

<3

Man, I was just talking to my mum about the US Election. She's been emailing one of her cousins about the Utah result, apparently I have a Mormon uncle-once-removed I didn't know about. Lord help me.

Gruco

Banned
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/seth-...-primary-race-ill-prove-to-you_b_9528076.html

Just saw this Huffpost article about Clinton vs Sanders, thought it was interesting. Are they really that close right now?

Yeah, this is 100% accurate. If you come up with reasons to ignore Hillary's entire margin of victory, the candidates are running neck and neck.

It's funny (and sad) how few in the media seem to realize this. The media needs to do a better job staying on top which votes are worth counting and which ones aren't.

Don't make me post a gif of you running from my substantive discussion about what it means to say that healthcare and free education are human rights.

Mess. I didn't see it, sorry. I was blinded by the rage Mile X (or something like that) produced in me with that "free stuff" argument.

Let me answer you here.

We all agree on healthcare, but so does the whole Democratic Party, so I don't really see that as a differentiating factor. Whenever we get into the weeds about it the conversation kind of degenerates into "if you don't support single-payer immediately then you kill babies." The fact that there are multiple types of universal healthcare systems, some of which are not single-payer but still have similar outcomes and are much closer to Obamacare in implementation, seems to then end the discussion immediately. So I'm throwing it in right at the top this time!

I am actually interested in the discussion of free education as a human right. Obviously America already gives everybody free education as a human right. Just, you know, only up through high school level. So the topic here really seems to be "free college is a human right." I'm not immediately opposed to that idea or anything but I'm not sure what makes college specifically the sticking point here. What is it about a college education versus a high school education that means that providing only a high school education is violating human rights? That seems a little arbitrary to me.

The fact is that Clinton changing her position about healthcare is fishy and she hasn't really fleshed out how her road to UniHealth would be.
Universal healthcare and single payer do not mean the destruction of the private insurance companies. In fact, insurance companies can boom in countries with socialized healthcare cuz they can justify higher prices. I really don't understand what's her underlying motto with her change of heart.

Regarding College: getting a degree is becoming intrinsic to the human experience. It defines not only your income outcomes but also your personality, social circles, interests and etcetera (Unlike high school that is just "bottom basic knowledge every person should get to function in culture"). Of course everyone getting a degree would depress incomes, but thats another discussion. Point being that I think people should get the option to go for it if that's what they desire without drowning in debt.

If you take the square root of the number of likes Bernie has on Facebook, divided by the number of delegates he'll win, minus the 3000% he's going to get in California....he's totally going to win guis.

Chichikov

LOL all my friend in Seattle are doing pre-caucus parties, with alcohol, and I'm sure weed.
DEMOCRACY YO!
And I mean it non sarcastically, I think.

Brinbe

Good god, that huffpo piece... the comments are somehow even worse. >_<

At least this is a clear sign that fox news-like irrationality isn't bound by ideology as other places like TYT have shown perfectly. It's a little upsetting.

My bf is going to Colarado and he's already told me he's getting high as hell for most of it. I haven't been high in so long. I'm thinking of flying out for the weekend just to get some edibles. It'd probably help me chill watching the results.

Wilsongt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom