• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT3| You know what they say about big Michigans - big Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
jesus fucking christ... what happened to glenn greenwald

Please at least say what you are referring too when making statements like that. You don't even need to link it, but at least refer to what you are talking about :(

jtb

Banned
Please at least say what you are referring too when making statements like that. You don't even need to link it, but at least refer to what you are talking about :(

oh I didn't mean something happened to him

I mean he woke up one day and decided to be a horrible journalist

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
oh I didn't mean something happened to him

I mean he woke up one day and decided to be a horrible journalist

Yeah, but provide some examples of what made you suddenly want to post that.

How could any true "independent" (let alone 41% of them) believe the next president should pick the Supreme Court Justice? That makes absolutely no logical sense.

Course it does. Independent is often a codeword for "listen, i just dont wanna admit i tend to republican".

41%? Fits right in.

Yep, people always do this. Every action he takes to bolster support with working-class whites is draining his support with college-educated whites and minorities. He's polling 20 point deficits with educated whites against Clinton, a demographic Romney won by like 6 points. He's twice as unpopular with Hispanics than Romney. I have no idea why people are only paying attention to the white working class.

Honestly, the Republican establishment has tried to get the wheels moving on moderating on immigration and appealing to latinos. But the Tea Party and loud voices from within keep beating it out of them. The racist rhetoric just overrides it and anyone who tries to make it work is called weak or is notruescotsman'ed

Thats why Fox was pushing Jeb! so hard in the beginning. They thought he was the only one who could bridge the gap or pick up latino votes.

Course it does. Independent is often a codeword for "listen, i just dont wanna admit i tend to republican".

41%? Fits right in.

I was an independent until recently because I registered to vote when I was in High School and said I was independent because "I'm totally ABOooOoOve the two party system", when in reality I was a republican apologist. So this is true.

CdM8wgpWwAEPhbj.jpg:large

RR1WuBO.gif

After last night's Bushwick watch party I have a new view on Bernie Bros and Gals.

They really are engaged and doing some awesome shit.

I'm still a Clinton supporter but these people are going to be doing things for progressive candidates and causes. There's a lot of room for progressive change at the state and local level and these guys leading the charge is probably better than machine politics which only pushes for change at the last moment.

I still hope they still have an open tent instead of becoming too doctrinaire.

After last night's Bushwick watch party I have a new view on Bernie Bros and Gals.

I'm still a Clinton supporter but these people are going to be doing things for progressive candidates and causes. There's a lot of room for progressive change at the state and local level and these guys leading the charge is probably better than machine politics which only pushes for change at the last moment.

Haha, they will fall asleep come mid terms. I guarantee it. If Bernie really wants to see a liberal revolution he should be going all out in mid terms.

docbon

I'm really hoping that crowd transitions to Grassroots Select after the race considering how much money and effort they've been pumping out.

Kusagari

The problem is I'd feel better about this being a long term thing if Bernie actually supported these people after his inevitable loss.

I don't really see that happening.

Haha, they will fall asleep come mid terms. I guarantee it. If Bernie really wants to see a liberal revolution he should be going all out in mid terms.

He old af tho. Dems need this push, if not exactly in his terms, as much as he wants it.

The scenario where one can help the other.

He also doesn't need to be president to campaign for the party and help drive up turn out across the country and get more progressives in congress.

Money, tho.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

That'd be nice. If they come out during midterms that could make a difference. I just hope this isn't the start of the liberal tea party.

Also, you still gotta get me that PM dude.

So I come home from meeting with my surgeon and this is what my mom greets me with:

God damn Urban Myers and his Republican horse shit. This is some Gator Urban shit. Refusing to keep his mouth shut and coach them boys. Hillary's going to lose and it's all because of people who think that damn Kasich isn't a damn fool. I expect this from Harbaugh, but Tressel wouldn't have done shit like this. : followed by more rambling at the TV :

So I come home from meeting with my surgeon and this is what my mom greets me with:

God damn Urban Myers and his Republican horse shit. This is some Gator Urban shit. Refusing to keep his mouth shut and coach them boys. Hillary's going to lose and it's all because of people who think that damn Kasich isn't a damn fool. I expect this from Harbaugh, but Tressel wouldn't have done shit like this. : followed by more rambling at the TV :
I'd laugh if Harbaugh was a Clinton supporter

Hillary is literally only a few years younger than he is

Its the 70-80 barrier. 4 years from now bern will be a near octogenarian. 4 years from now Hills will be a sexy septuagenarian.

Either way somewhat unreasonable to expect people in the 70+ to cross the whole damn country all the time, which is whats needed for a 50 states initiative.

From the recent Obama Doctrine article in The Atlantic
Obama’s defenders, however, argue that he did no damage to U.S. credibility, citing Assad’s subsequent agreement to have his chemical weapons removed. “The threat of force was credible enough for them to give up their chemical weapons,” Tim Kaine, a Democratic senator from Virginia, told me. “We threatened military action and they responded. That’s deterrent credibility.”
http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2016/04/the-obama-doctrine/471525/

I'd be shocked if Kaine is not Hillary's vice president. I'm still surprised he wasn't picked in 2008.

Putzweg

2 questions:

1. Why arent anyone questioning Sanders age and health to be fit to be president for the next 4 years? I remember everyone doing that about McCaine.

2. Am i the only one feeling Kasich is the ultimate anti-fun candidate? He got such a incredibly boring vibe all around. He just feels like a severely worked out man, with zero sense of humour, and 1 year left on the job before retirement. Even his "victory" speeches are anti-fun. Everything about him is just extremely boring...

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
2 questions:

1. Why arent anyone questioning Sanders age and health to be fit to be president for the next 4 years? I remember everyone doing that about McCaine.

2. Am i the only one literally feeling Kasich is the anti-fun candidate? He got such a incredibly boring vibe all around.

1. Because they want this to be a horse race and Hillary is only a couple of years younger.

2. You are not wrong.

pigeon

Banned
From the recent Obama Doctrine article in The Atlantic

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2016/04/the-obama-doctrine/471525/

I'd be shocked if Kaine is not Hillary's vice president. I'm still surprised he wasn't picked in 2008.

Tim Kaine certainly has impeccable credentials. The problem I would have with him as a pick is that he has the identical profile to Hillary -- old, white, insider, exemplary political history. I don't see what the ticket gets from picking Kaine.

Kaine in the cabinet, by contrast, looks like a gimme to me.

2 questions:

Reading this just made me Diablos in a whole new direction. Imagine what happens if Sanders has a heart attack and dies on March 14th. We're all screwed then.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
2. Am i the only one feeling Kasich is the ultimate anti-fun candidate? He got such a incredibly boring vibe all around. He just feels like a severely worked out man, with zero sense of humour, and 1 year left on the job before retirement. Even his "victory" speeches are anti-fun. Everything about him is just extremely boring...

Who cares? You are not trying to fuck these candidates. You are trying to pick someone to run the country. who cares if they arent fun.

Ugh, Kaine is so fucking boring. Yeah, drive up your enthusiasm by picking a boring, safe, middle aged white man to be your VP. At least Biden was a dynamite despite being able to check off a typical VP list.

She needs to pick Sherrod Brown. She cannot make the same mistake Al-Gore and Kerry made and ignore Ohio. She needs Ohio.

Honestly, the Republican establishment has tried to get the wheels moving on moderating on immigration and appealing to latinos. But the Tea Party and loud voices from within keep beating it out of them. The racist rhetoric just overrides it and anyone who tries to make it work is called weak or is notruescotsman'ed

Thats why Fox was pushing Jeb! so hard in the beginning. They thought he was the only one who could bridge the gap or pick up latino votes.

The Republican party and some contradictions that is destroying their party. The problem with many of these Republicans is that many knew they need a segment of minority support to have any real chance of getting the White House so many are actually for immigration reform plus it is easy to support that because a lot of business people did. At the same time a lot of officials and rank and file Republicans didn't give a damn or was actively against it. The elites probably thought they could control them with diet racism, anti-government, code words, and using that to further gains it worked but it completely fucked them.

There was no way the camps would coexist, but the leaders cared more about short term gains. It is biting them in the ass, but the people too were foolish into thinking that they could have changed things to how they wonted the problem is if the GOP doesn't have the supermajority and a dem President is in office nothing was going to happen period. Now they are angry.

Now that someone is responding to that angry, his actions are going damage the party. Completely destroying the image they want to portray.

Tim Kaine certainly has impeccable credentials. The problem I would have with him as a pick is that he has the identical profile to Hillary -- old, white, insider, exemplary political history. I don't see what the ticket gets from picking Kaine.

Kaine in the cabinet, by contrast, looks like a gimme to me.

Reading this just made me Diablos in a whole new direction. Imagine what happens if Sanders has a heart attack and dies on March 14th. We're all screwed then.
Why?

2 questions:

It isn't an issue now because Hillary hasn't made it one. Other people do bring it up but Hillary is only 5 years younger, so there isn't much contrast there. He is energetic for his age and shows a lot of fire and passion, which McCain lacked. It would become a bigger issue in a general election.

And yes Kasich is no fun.

pigeon

Banned

Because Bernie won't have the opportunity to go back and remind all his supporters that actually they should vote for Hillary, they'll all be extra upset because their martyr died on a hill in Ohio, and there's no way the conspiracy theory won't start that Hillary injected him with curare while shaking hands at the Univision debate or whatever.

The last thing Hillary Clinton needs is another convenient death!

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
He is the healthiest looking 73 year old I've seen in a while. Bill on the other hand is like 5 years younger and looks like hes about to fall dead any moment.

I am 90% sure he wont survive Hilary's first term.

mms_20160301_142827.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom