• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT3| You know what they say about big Michigans - big Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

pigeon

Banned
Some Hillary supporters use Bernie's age as an argument against him all the time. Hillary frankly speaking isn't much younger.

Coriolanus is not a Hillary supporter (he's a Corbyn supporter) and Coriolanus's post was explicitly not about anything having to do with preferring one candidate to another. His point is just that Bernie, at 74, can't really afford to wait around for midterms to rile up the base in the way most useful for the Democratic Party.

I do think there's a pretty meaningful difference between 68 and 74 when we're talking about an 8-year term in office, but I agree that they're both too old for the job really. But you can wait for somebody to actually make the argument before arguing against it!

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
He is the healthiest looking 73 year old I've seen in a while. Bill on the other hand is like 5 years younger and looks like hes about to fall dead any moment.

I am 90% sure he wont survive Hilary's first term.

The presidency ages dudes like it's dog years or something. Combine the stress of essentially being the leader of the free world with the fact you're always on call and that shit will fuck you up. His heart attack sure as shit didn't help his health either.

johnsmith

remember me
dgHvBTC.jpg

It'll be Vince Foster all over again. Conspiracy central.

I do like Kane for a cabinet position, maybe at State if she doesn't want to keep Kerry. On that note she should totally keep Kerry, he's been fantastic there.

She better keep Kerry he is amazing at his job.

He is the healthiest looking 73 year old I've seen in a while. Bill on the other hand is like 5 years younger and looks like hes about to fall dead any moment.

I am 90% sure he wont survive Hilary's first term.
We talking about the same Sanders? He looks to be in his 90's with one foot in the grave already. His anger issue isn't helping him either. All that anger at his age isn't good for the heart.

pigeon

Banned
She better keep Kerry he is amazing at his job.

The Atlantic article today actually soured me quite a bit on Kerry. The last thing Hillary Clinton needs is a secretary of state who ALSO just wants to get as much done as possible. They need somebody in there in charge of saying "wait, why would that be a good idea?"

The Republican primary shit show making people realize how good they got it.

Gonna miss him. :-/
Yup. I'd guess Obama's approvals are lower when people measure him up to their expectations of him (you know, post-partisan, hope & change and all that) but higher when he's contrasted with the complete fucking joke that is the modern Republican Party.

His approval ratings shot up in 2012 when he was campaigning and reminding people that things had gotten significantly better under his presidency, and that Romney was an ass.

My hope is he settles around mid-50s during campaign season to give Hillary a solid base to start with.

The Atlantic article today actually soured me quite a bit on Kerry. The last thing Hillary Clinton needs is a secretary of state who ALSO just wants to get as much done as possible. They need somebody in there in charge of saying "wait, why would that be a good idea?"

Thanks for the heads up I will read the article.

Fuchsdh

She also doesn't really need Ohio. She needs Virginia.

I don't think Virginia needs that much help to go blue in the general.

Virginia need to get back to putting out good Presidential candidates, though. Need more Monroes and Madisons to get that residual stink of Tyler and Taylor out of our system. And why would you vote for Webb when you have Mark Warner right there.

CNN
In the bowels of the Capitol and over meals with high-powered donors, Republican Party elders are begrudgingly coming to grips with what once was unthinkable: Choosing between Ted Cruz or Donald Trump as their party's nominee.
Two dominant lines of thinking are emerging, according to a wide range of interviews with more than a dozen senior party leaders.

On one side: The likes of Sen. Lindsey Graham, a former presidential candidate is now leading the pro-Cruz charge, arguing that having a life-long Republican with extreme message discipline at the top of the ticket will be less harmful than the highly unpredictable and brash Trump. That feeling persists even if Cruz is hated by many his fellow GOP senators.

Yet for all the worries about Trump bringing down the GOP or losing a general election, a surprisingly large number of Republican senators are open to backing Trump. The billionaire businessman would dramatically boost turnout and help Republicans down-ballot, they say, pointing in particular to incumbent senators' resounding primary victories in Alabama and Arkansas earlier this month.

"I have no problem running with him," Sen. Richard Burr, who is up for reelection in North Carolina, said of Trump.
"I think one thing we are seeing in many states is a lot more voter turnout," Boozman said Wednesday. "We had about twice as many people choosing Republicans versus the Democratic primary."

"There are folks who have said you'd lose the Senate if Trump were the nominee," said Oklahoma Sen. James Lankford, who is neutral in the primary. "Well? Sen. Shelby in Alabama just won overwhelmingly, where Trump won overwhelmingly."

Moreover, Trump is a newcomer to the GOP -- and doesn't have the bitter relationship that Cruz has with most his colleagues. And many aren't willing yet to warm up to their adversarial colleague.

"When he makes a statement and says there's no difference between the Democrat Party and the Republican Party ... that's very damaging to the Republican Party," Sen. James Inhofe, an Oklahoma conservative who backs Rubio, said of Cruz.
The increased turnout is giving some Republican officials hope for Trump? And they still hate Cruz. Even the support for Cruz is couched in "when he loses at least it'll destroy the Tea Party."

In yellow, if you evolve pikachu into raichu does it still follow you around? Raichu was always way cooler anyway
You can't evolve your starter Pikachu in Yellow unless you trade to Red/Blue, they evolve it and trade it back. If you try and use a Thunderstone it refuses.

I like Raichu better too but any Yellow save without a Pikachu to follow around the player is tainted.

CNN

The increased turnout is giving some Republican officials hope for Trump? And they still hate Cruz. Even the support for Cruz is couched in "when he loses at least it'll destroy the Tea Party."

The problem when your party becomes disconnected from reality is that you can start even believing ridiculous things like " Trump wouldn't be that bad"

Grief.exe

Yup. I'd guess Obama's approvals are lower when people measure him up to their expectations of him (you know, post-partisan, hope & change and all that) but higher when he's contrasted with the complete fucking joke that is the modern Republican Party.

His approval ratings shot up in 2012 when he was campaigning and reminding people that things had gotten significantly better under his presidency, and that Romney was an ass.

My hope is he settles around mid-50s during campaign season to give Hillary a solid base to start with.

Something to keep in mind is his highest approval rating, like many Presidents, is at the start of his Presidency was only +60. He started his term with so much hate and vitriol, possibly largely attributed to his race and modern political climate, but if this continues he has the possibility of topping that point.

Thank you for this, I needed a bit of a laugh.
I had to say goodbye to my cat with colon cancer today :(
I'm sorry, I hope you can find comfort in the times you had and cherish them. It is hard.

Donald J. Trump is going to activate a Trap Card tomorrow. Already has a press conference scheduled for 9am.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
I'm sorry, I hope you can find comfort in the times you had and cherish them. It is hard.

Donald J. Trump is going to activate a Trap Card tomorrow. Already has a press conference scheduled for 9am.

Thanks

CNN being so inept he may not need his Trump card. Not like it's Fox News where one of the moderators hates your guts.

Also, that debate thread is fantastic, even having only seen Yu Gi Oh Abridged.

PBY

Banned

Its not a rally, its like a "thing"? Why would he do a presser

Honestly, might be smart to hold a reverse Mittens presser, tell people to come together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom