• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT3| You know what they say about big Michigans - big Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makai

OdxfOyr.jpg
yessss

Tired of hearing about the GOP being pissed off Obama is in another country after a terrorist attack in another country.
What a bunch of lowlife asshats who have no respect for the office of president. They don't deserve to be anywhere near it.
There are times I'm glad W won because if they're blaming Obama for attacks in other countries they would never let the democrats live down 9/11 if it had happened on their watch. It's disgusting.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Renting a building and hiring workers for a few hours instead of a full day?

Yeah. So a compromise would be the DNC would pay the state what they typically pay for a caucus, and the state picks up the rest of the tab. They make a similar deal with the RNC and that should pay for most of the Primary for the state.

I was not a fan of the Caucuses last election with Obama even though he won most of them. It really does more to gauge enthusiasm and those who have spare time instead of what voters would prefer for the general election.

Makai

I see

Chelsea
Ivanka
???

Debbie
Hillary
Bernie
???

Hugh Hewitt
Sean Hannity

Trump
Carson
Ingraham
Christie

Jeb

Kasich
Cruz
Rubio

kess

what is that artwork referencing?

is there a wall paper version of it? I want it.

Here's the artist's website

http://www.hon-haka.org/archives/927

Each girl in our work represents a combination of abstract aspects about America – states, cities, values, famous people, etc and a particular U.S. navy ship. They’re called “shipgirls” for that reason. In our story, they fight extra-dimensional giant-monsters.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Sanders is going after the disaffected more than squarely working class whites. I don't think it was the original plan, he thought his economic populism would resonate naturally but lacks any skill at intersectional messaging. It's just how it's turned out. And he hasn't really won the group so much as split it.

Also I don't think trying to get early wins just to make a viable campaign argument (if that's even really a strategy) and trying to get early win that allow you to steamroll the nomination are the same. Clinton was planning on the latter both times anyway.

And again she ignored (white) caucuses in favor of large primaries. While his entire campaign is basically built on white caucuses.

I just really don't see the parallel.

Hrm I guess I thought he's winning that demographic more than splitting it. Haven't looked at the numbers recently though (since, well the primary's been functionally over for a while). I guess the two campaigns seem very similar to me.

35,000 have early voted in the Washington caucus as of today. That appears to be the Clinton campaign's strategy.

Not sure that'll work out well for Clinton in WA

It's not fraud per-say but it is using the system to your advantage:

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...ee-votes-flood-in-before-democratic-caucuses/

They anticipate total turnout to be about 200,000.

Remember, Washington is purely a vote by mail state. I would honestly expect the next caucus to have more people vote via mail / absentee than actually in person. :D

Crocodile

2 words: Cornell West

Oh shit I forgot about that. What a fucking blow-up. Choosing West as your surrogate for the AA community just shows you have no idea what you're doing.

He attacked Obama. If you want to win the black vote that's the one thing you don't do, I'm white as shit and even I know that. It's like trying to win over Catholics by saying the pope is a little bitch.

Also this. If want a quick and easy way to get on the bad side of your average Black voter, attack Obama.

I can't make heads or tales of this. Good art though. You gotta source? You always gotta post a source when you post art.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Neither do I, but if she can keep it close that would be good.

I think other state early returns won't be the same pattern as WA just because folks are used to voting by mail / much early. So I suspect the absentee voting might be the same proportion as the caucus in person.

Tesseract

Banned
if i don't get a cabinet position, i'm running third rail to spoiler candidate your asses

we don't need babies, i'll get the agnostic moderate vote

there's dozens of us

graveyard gaf, sad!

ampere

For me, ever since 2003 I knew I wanted that dude to be governor of IL some day (we've had a bad run of governors, you can understand why) and maybe president (we were afraid for his safety though) just because he was humble, inspiring, sincere, genuine, and remembered that principles and pragmatism are allies, not enemies.

Working for him during the 04 primary and then US senate race (though...there wasn't that much we HAD to do in that race, lol) was one of the first times I gave a crap about politics and seeing the good it can do when people genuinely want to make things better than just gain power. I remember trekking back home to watch his announcement that he was entering the presidential race, and him somehow remembering me and saying hi, and taking a few seconds to meet my family and say hi. It makes me happy that you're seeing Obama this last year just say eff it and be who he is.

Sounds like a really cool experience, I'm not surprised that Obama in person oozes charm like he does as a public figure.

Yea gonna have to say no as well. What the fuuuuck

Rubenov

Trump crashing and burning will be like the reaction to civil rights in the 60s and decades of big gov't but worse.

Not if he loses the general election in a landslide. Him losing badly means a platform based on racism is going nowhere. Is not a guarantee, but the GOP going through this process may be what they need to break away from that shit for good.

Cruz got owned literally two seconds after his tough talk, that's incredible:

https://twitter.com/HallieJackson/status/713146636562640896

Literally two seconds! I'm using the original definition of literally here.

Besides the fact he will be crushed I want trump as the nominee just watch these pieces of shit have to endorse him after that pledge they never thought would come back to bite them. I see how easily they folded on endorsing Cruz when they hate him.

Cruz immediately shitting a brick when asked if he'd still support Donald as the nominee is incredible. Here you finally have the PERFECT reason to renege on your initial pledge, and look like a strong, decisive leader in the process, even showing a little *gasp* humanity, and instead, Cruz demurs because he knows he's going to be kissing Big Poppa Trump's Size 6 ring if it means the slimmest possibility of keeping Hillary out of the White House.

HylianTom

Banned
Man, the red states are reeeeallly putting on a nice demonstration on how vital a liberal federal judiciary is. Voting rights, LGBT rights.. I wonder what's next.

{*whistles*}

ant1532

Banned
Genuinely interested in what's poligaf's favorite hilary policies that are unique to her and why. Also would appreciate it if someone takes the time to explain what makes her college loan repayment plan different than the income based repayment plan I'm already currently in.

royalan

Cruz immediately shitting a brick when asked if he'd still support Donald as the nominee is incredible. Here you finally have the PERFECT reason to renege on your initial pledge, and look like a strong, decisive leader in the process, even showing a little *gasp* humanity, and instead, Cruz demurs because he knows he's going to be kissing Big Poppa Trump's Size 6 ring if it means the slimmest possibility of keeping Hillary out of the White House.

LOL it's like the debate before last when he and Rubio went HAM on Trump for two hours straight...and then pledged to support him in the end.

This party just can't stop eating its own shit.

Besides the fact he will be crushed I want trump as the nominee just watch these pieces of shit have to endorse him after that pledge they never thought would come back to bite them. I see how easily they folded on endorsing Cruz when they hate him.

The amount of straight up cowards involved in important positions in U.S. politics in amazing. Haven't these guys stepped on people and crushed and knifed others to get to this point? How can someone become a Senator of the United States and be weak enough to endorse Ted Cruz and be willing to support Trump if Trump is the nominee?

How can you go through knife fights in politics and then be scared of an orange man with tiny hands? Maybe politics is a lot easier than I thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom