• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT3| You know what they say about big Michigans - big Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is Trump's winning coalition in the GE? I am serious about this. I agree that there is a non-zero chance that Trump wins the election, but he is badly underwater with multiple demographics in a way that I don't think we've seen in the modern era.

studyguy

Listen guys, if Breitbart thinks a story is too thin, it's too fucking thin, mmkay.

Yet here we are now. Discussion railroaded entirely for a weekend of jokes.
tumblr_o2ezbg1c281rk91qxo1_1280.png

In the end I don't know, it's blast to kick around but all the same I'm just curious to see if it's brought at all beyond this weekend at a formal event. It's embarrassing all the same. God how awful things must look from outside the US.

Trump is teflon only in the context of the Republican primary.
Yup. His overall favorability has actually gone down over the primary - any gains he's made with Republicans have been canceled out by losing Democrats and Independents. Whatever you can say about Hillary's likability, it's pretty much irrelevant when you're up against someone with -30 approval.

Maybe I'm thinking of someone else but I believe she's also held some pretty nasty homophobic views in the past that she's only recently come around on.

I give most Democrats slack who would support "traditional marriage" in the past but have since flipped on while also always supporting civil unions, adoption, nondiscrimination laws etc. The ones who were outright hostile though are worthy of suspicion.

Listen guys, if Breitbart thinks a story is too thin, it's too fucking thin, mmkay.

Do you mean the Breitbart that is backed by hedge fund billionaire Robert Mercer?

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/07/ted-cruzs-secret-weapon-breitbartcom-119935

The same Robert Mercer that funded Keep The Promise I with $11 million?

https://ballotpedia.org/Keep_the_Promise_Super_PACs

The same Keep the Promise I that gave Carly's PAC half a million bucks after they hired Sarah Isgur Flores as campaign manager?

Iolo

My worry is that his NYC connections + past friendship with the Clintons mean that he has ammo no one else has that he's saving for Clinton in the general. He probably at least has all of the Goldman Sachs speeches (I know second-hand from family that one of them would be super nasty without context, and Bernie's not an idiot when he asks Clinton to release the transcripts. He also knows what is in them), and most likely has some serious freaking dirt on the Clintons.

Hey while we're on this subject could you also ask your family where the whitey tape is at?

Do you mean the Breitbart that is backed by hedge fund billionaire Robert Mercer?

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/07/ted-cruzs-secret-weapon-breitbartcom-119935

The same Robert Mercer that funded Keep The Promise I with $11 million?

https://ballotpedia.org/Keep_the_Promise_Super_PACs

The same Keep the Promise I that gave Carly's PAC half a million bucks after they hired Sarah Isgur Flores as campaign manager?

The same Breitbart that wrote a bunch of smear stories against Carly Fiorina despite those things, come on.

Rubio's team pitched this to literally every media outlet according to that story and all of them just side-eyed Rubio's team.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
My understanding is that Breitbart isn't about unreportable stories, they're about fucking FAKED stories. Them turning this down sways me in zero direction.

Makai

The same Breitbart that wrote a bunch of smear stories against Carly Fiorina despite those things, come on.

Rubio's team pitched this to literally every media outlet according to that story and all of them just side-eyed Rubio's team.
You've misinterpreted what he said. Breitbart has reason to be pro-Cruz relative to Carly.

Although, I don't really buy this kind of breadcrumb trail.

Even if the whole thing is true I dont know if it will unravel in a day or two. Edwards thing took months to play out. He wouldnt even admit he's the father for 2 years.

Trump is such a genius, a tabloid rag picked up on rumors that Marco Rubio had been spreading and then Trump's NeoNazis pushed the story into the mainstream media while Trump was golfing and had no idea what was happening. Masterstroke.

Bowdz

Trump is such a genius, a tabloid rag picked up on rumors that Marco Rubio had been spreading and then Trump's NeoNazis pushed the story into the mainstream media while Trump was golfing and had no idea what was happening. Masterstroke.

Winning even when you're not playing. Baller status, engaged.

Owzers

Ted Cruz is on a great righteous indignation roll though, is it possible he successfully just adds this to the list of grievances? I think it might, he's trying at least. I think it's pathetic but so is Cruz and apparently people like that.

The funniest thing? No news network was talking about this story until Cruz responded and then Trump responded back. Now CNN keeps reporting the back-and-forth between Trump and Cruz even though they still won't touch the story.

Ted you should have left it alone.

Holmes

The funniest thing? No news network was talking about this story until Cruz responded and then Trump responded back. Now CNN keeps reporting the back-and-forth between Trump and Cruz even though they still won't touch the story.

Ted you should have left it alone.
Agreed. It's in a fucking tabloid. No one was going to talk about it. Cruz gave the story legitimacy. He messed up.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Wait, coming out of a restaurant and a hotel with another woman? That's not insignificant!

Yeah, I'm confused about this. That's actually pretty huge if it kept happening week in and week out, which it apparently did.

Maybe I'm thinking of someone else but I believe she's also held some pretty nasty homophobic views in the past that she's only recently come around on.

I give most Democrats slack who would support "traditional marriage" in the past but have since flipped on while also always supporting civil unions, adoption, nondiscrimination laws etc. The ones who were outright hostile though are worthy of suspicion.

I think Gabbard is largely hopping on the Bernie train out of political self interest (it's ironic so many Bernie supporters are in her corner when she's closer to Hillary than Bernie on foreign policy), but if I remember correctly, that was more her family in general than her specifically.

Rubenov

Yeah, I'm confused about this. That's actually pretty huge if it kept happening week in and week out, which it apparently did.

The video has to come out; I think it would be the nail in the coffin, even if all they did was talk campaign strategy at the restaurant and read Reagan books at the hotel.

The video has to come out; I think it would be the nail in the coffin, even if all they did was talk campaign strategy at the restaurant and read Reagan books at the hotel.

Yeah if they went to a hotel and restuarant twice a week for multiple weeks we can get an idea of what was happening. Breitbart needs to release it.

Bowdz

Agreed. That video's gonna leak at some point and when it does, the optics are going to suck for Cruz. It will ensure this story sticks around for a while even if he's innocent.

I'm playing with the words. There's no way I'd believe a grown man and a woman come together, several times, to a restaurant and a hotel and are not fucking. It's a plain C'MON SON kind of event.
Reading Reagan's words with another partner would be worse than fucking.

You guys are mean. I don't really disagree, but still.

It was a cute moment, though.

You know what's not cute? The millionaires and billionaires who control our CORRUPT campaign finance system. In the only country in the world, in which establishment birds are not provided seed by the government. It's a yuge problem. And we have more birds in cages than any other country, and by the end of my first term, we will be below China in that regard. It's time that we tell the corrupt fraud on Wall Tweet that we have had enough. It's time to bail us out instead of bailing them out!

: goes on for two more hours :

You know what's not cute? The millionaires and billionaires who control our CORRUPT campaign finance system. In the only country in the world, in which establishment birds are not provided seed by the government. It's a yuge problem. And we have more birds in cages than any other country, and by the end of my first term, we will be below China in that regard. It's time that we tell the corrupt fraud on Wall Tweet that we have had enough. It's time to bail us out instead of bailing them out!

: goes on for two more hours :

How dare someone point out the problems in the country.

That Trump response is fucking beautiful. Holy shit. He basically gave evidence to when the national enquirer has been right while simultaneously not saying the rumors are true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom