• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT3| You know what they say about big Michigans - big Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some pretty piss poor turnout? I know caucuses and all that jazz, plus rural areas being the south, but 100% counted and 5 votes in Garfield county?

eastern washington + democratic + caucus = nobody shows up

outside of Seattle, especially across the Cascades, is extremely conservative.

So, still at 7%. Count faster with your establishment math!

Hillary is losing by 1,000%.

FUCK.

Some pretty piss poor turnout? I know caucuses and all that jazz, plus rural areas being the south, but 100% counted and 5 votes in Garfield county?

Those are state Delegates not votes. It's a caucus, so raw votes aren't always reported.

Those counties might as well be in Idaho.

I don't mean to be dismissive but that's essentially what it is. Outside of the urban areas, Washington is not what you think it is. Same with Oregon.

Paskil

So, still at 7%. Count faster with your establishment math!

FUCK.

Those are state Delegates not votes. It's a caucus, so raw votes aren't always reported.

So then basically, had Hillary gotten the three votes instead of Bernie, she would get that counties delegates? I assume that's how these things work.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
3% more reporting, Queen gains 3%. At this rate she's going to win 118% of the vote. Checkmate Sanders.

I'm with Adam, it's just more Establishment math.

So then basically, had Hillary gotten the three votes instead of Bernie, she would get that counties delegates? I assume that's how these things work.

No, if those are state level Delegates, they're awarded proportionally. If a presinct caucus is worth 10 Delegates, and they each get 50% of the vote, they would split the Delegates. They might color it in like Bernie or Hillary won, but it's still proportional.

NeoXChaos

Ronald Brownstein ‏@RonBrownstein 1h1 hour ago
Ronald Brownstein Retweeted Mark Murray
In cumulative analysis of 20 exit polls by POS, @HillaryClinton has won 65.6% of Democrats, just 36.9% of indies

Ronald Brownstein ‏@RonBrownstein 1h1 hour ago
Great stats from @DavidChalian capture the @SenSanders challenge: on D side all big delegate prizes are diverse states, where he's struggled

Ronald Brownstein ‏@RonBrownstein 2h2 hours ago
In remaining states whites in 08 D primary = 70% NY, 64% DE, 53% MD, 52% CA, 59% NJ, 57% NM: top @HillaryClinton targets #WesternSaturday

In remaining states whites in 08 D primary: RI 85%, WV 96, KY 89, OR 85, MT 91, SD 89: top @SenSanders targets. Bubble: CT 82, PA 80, IN 78%

Wins 4 @SenSanders on #WesternSaturday would extend his streak of taking smaller, mostly white states;but the biggest D prizes r all diverse

Ronald Brownstein ‏@RonBrownstein 5h5 hours ago
Given pattern of white support @SenSanders should b strong in RI, WV, KY, OR, MT, NEB, SD + WA. But diverse states r big ones: CA, NY NJ etc

Given demographic patterns thru early races @HillaryClinton should be favored in NY, MD, DEL, CA, NJ, NM. Tossups: PA/IN. CT a lean Bern?

Pattern worth noting as D calendar turns: @HillaryClinton has won whites 9/10 Southern states; @SenSanders won whites 8/10 non-south states

Ivysaur do you agree with him on CT?

CCS

Banned
Apart from demographics, one other key variable is registration. Both PA and NY have early registration deadlines, how much of a difference that will make is a tricky question.

Holmes

She gets 65.6% of Dems and a closed primary in which a large chunk of the state is in the NYC media market is lean Sanders?

Seattle is desperate to be Portland, actually.

I love Portland and don't buy into much of the friendly rivalry between the cities, but is this what Oregonians really believe?

Caucusing is fascinating in the sense that you are exposed to some interesting political viewpoints, but I would rather have a primary and mail in my vote.

The problem with listing PA as a tossup is that it ignores where the Democratic votes actually come from. We're talking more diverse areas. The state also has an older population. Looking at any race through only a racial lens makes it hard to get a good picture of who should be stronger.

Hillary was dying for Alaska, her endorsement.

But she said NO

latest

Drop out Hillary, game is over.

CT has the highest black population % of any state in New England at around 11%, so that is a factor that should help Hillary..But, we are also doing horribly economically. Bottom five in terms of population growth; people leaving all the time. I think Bernie's radical economic message resonates more with people here. I feel like it'll be a Michigan like situation. I see him winning here.

But aren't the overall convention-delegates allocated once all the precincts-delegates are reported and "transformed" into percentages?

No. The Delegates chosen today will go to to the Legislative District Caucus. Then the county convention. Then some will be selected at the state conventions.

Reince's answers on "how fucked are you really?" are somehow more pathetic than Trump talking about any policy issue except how big his wall is going to be or how big his penis is.

Q.You've got people in your own party drawing nightmare scenarios of Trump dragging the rest of the party down.

A: Yeah, and how well have all these smart people done for us over the last several presidential elections? How smart are they? All these smart people running around telling everyone what's going to work and what's not going to work — I really don't know where these experts are at. Because we didn't really win in '08, we didn't win in 2012, we barely got through '04 with a popular — still at the time — incumbent president. We know what happened in 2000, '96 wasn't very fun, '92 was no better. So the last time we won with relative ease was 1988. It's not like this suddenly happened. So we have to be really good. All I'm saying is all of the armchair quarterbacking going on is done by a lot of people who haven't really delivered. So I sort of just reject it.

http://m.jsonline.com/news/statepol...is-going-to-happen-b99694734z1-373626071.html

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
No. The Delegates chosen today will go to to the Legislative District Caucus. Then the county convention. Then some will be selected at the state conventions.

Is that different then how primaries' delegates are selected?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom