• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT3| You know what they say about big Michigans - big Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.
g07956V.jpg

sad-kid-reaction-gif.gif

Allard

He's quite popular in a swing state. Who cares about the rest?

Having a quite popular senator in a swing state is one good reason. We need legislature victories, last thing I want is a VP or cabinet posts in states that either have republican governor or have 'swing' in the voters that the election to fill a missing senate seat causes it to tip further right. This is one of the things I felt was wrong as far as Obama was concerned, he picked a lot of his cabinent staff among people he worked with in the senate as well as governors in swing or even republican dominant states, leaving them open to be picked up because of a weak or surprised field due to the quickness they retired from the position to take that cabinet position. Retiring, small scale (big city mayors) or other advisers from more professional fields is my pick for Hilary's cabinet and running mates.

So, I made calls for Queen today. Got a lot of people in Florida who had voted early for her. Mostly older, obviously. Lots of voice mails.

I made a few for Trump. One lovely man, and I shit you not, let me know that he was voting for Trump so we could put the white back in White House. He let me know he didn't have any problems with "colored folk" but thought that the face of America should represent the people. He also thought I was a girl (most people do on the phone). He said he was happy to see a "bright young thing" working to take back her country. He told me he would pray for me. I burned my phone when I got done.

I can't do that again.

PBY

Banned
I made a few for Trump. One lovely man, and I shit you not, let me know that he was voting for Trump so we could put the white back in White House. He let me know he didn't have any problems with "colored folk" but thought that the face of America should represent the people. He also thought I was a girl (most people do on the phone). He said he was happy to see a "bright young thing" working to take back her country. He told me he would pray for me. I burned my phone when I got done.

I can't do that again.

BIG ADAM!!!

NeoXChaos

So, I made calls for Queen today. Got a lot of people in Florida who had voted early for her. Mostly older, obviously. Lots of voice mails.

I can't do that again.

you should be delivering OH for Queen and not just FL. We are counting on you, Ebay and Manky. Cheebo let us down.

User 406

Banned
I know we have other Ohio gaffers here, but is anyone else actually in Cuyahoga county? Need to make sure you're voting for Michael O'Malley for Prosecutor if so. Fuck Tim McGinty.

I can't do that again.

Come on, Big Poppa Trump needs to get to the general.

Obama had a good press conference today, exposed that Trump is not alone in his ideas but just more inflammatory.

Stating that Cruz and Rubio's anti-immigration stances contradict their life story of being both products of immigration

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
CdN8xHKUMAElJMc.jpg

Interesting list. LOL at Rubio's most common phrase.

On a side note, Cruz and his terrible flat tax idea would destroy the country.

Wilsongt

Obama had a good press conference today, exposed that Trump is not alone in his ideas but just more inflammatory.

Stating that Cruz and Rubio's anti-immigration stances contradict their life story of being both products of immigration

That's the story of the modern minority GOP. Cruz, Haley, Rubio, Jindal... All children of first gen immigrants, yet fucking hate immigrants. I guess it helps Haley and Cruz that they look more white than Cuban/Indian. Unlike Jindal and Rubio who look their ethnicity.

User1608

Banned
Those Trump threads. At this point I definitely agree with the notion that there are certainly quite a few closet racists here. If they aren't, well, they're incredibly dull minded and oblivious.

I can't do that again.
Wow, that's crazy.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
So after Tuesday Kasich and Rubio could potentially drop out. Exciting stuff if it becomes a 2 man race.

If Kasich wins Ohio (which I'm fairly positive he will), I can't see him dropping out.

I know we have other Ohio gaffers here, but is anyone else actually in Cuyahoga county? Need to make sure you're voting for Michael O'Malley for Prosecutor if so. Fuck Tim McGinty.

I'm to your south, but I get all my news from Cleveland stations. I've not seen a single O'Malley ad. Saw a few McGinty ones.

:(

User 406

Banned
I'm to your south, but I get all my news from Cleveland stations. I've not seen a single O'Malley ad. Saw a few McGinty ones.

:(

As it turns out, no Republicans or independents are trying for the seat, so the primary is the only shot at booting McGinty out. :/

Diablos (and everyone else who doubted Trump), get ready for Trump Shame Avatar. I know he's not the nominee yet, but here's my contribution if you like to ride the train:

f0p4aJe.jpg

Also, I will add Trump Hair to your avatar if you like that instead:

1pEOQZi.jpg

I made a few for Trump. One lovely man, and I shit you not, let me know that he was voting for Trump so we could put the white back in White House. He let me know he didn't have any problems with "colored folk" but thought that the face of America should represent the people.

The most common demographic in America is white women. By his own logic, shouldn't he be voting for Hillary?

Racists are weird.

Working off of those numbers, and giving Hillary the worst possible vote share in each state:

Hillary 386
Bernie 305

That would put her pledged delegate lead at 298.

Pledged

Hillary 1152
Bernie 854

With Supers
Hillary 1624
Bernie 877

Hillary would need 38% of all remaining delegates to secure the nomination.
Bernie would need 75% of all remaining delegates to secure the nomination.

NeoXChaos

updated thread assingment

Super Tuesday Part 2- ivysaur12
*Covers all primaries and caucuses from March 15th-26th
April Madness-TBD
*Covers all April primaries and caucuses
May Meltdown-TBD
Covers All May primaries and caucuses
June Showdown-TBD
*Covers all June primaries and caucuses

*Veepstakes is going to be in PoliGAF

2016 Republican National Convention-b-dubs
2016 Democratic National Convention- NeoXChaos

1st Presidential Debate-b-dubs
Vice Presidential Debate-Ebay Huckster
2nd Presidential Debate-kingkitty
3rd Presidential Debate-Holmes

General Election 2016-Aaron Strife

Republican Debates
12 - March 10 CNN - Makai
13 -March 23 Makai

Democratic Debates
9 April-kingkitty
10 May-TBD

Bowdz

Working off of those numbers, and giving Hillary the worst possible vote share in each state:

Hillary 386
Bernie 305

Pledged

Hillary 1152
Bernie 854

With Supers
Hillary 1624
Bernie 877

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNGHHH.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009

Hillary 386
Bernie 305

Pledged

Hillary 1152
Bernie 854

With Supers
Hillary 1624
Bernie 877

I looked at this model and I thought it was interesting. But does it hold for both open and closed primaries?

Polls are closed in the Virgin Islands. How excited are we?

6 delegates are at stake, but no one but Cruz can take more than 3 because Trump and Rubio didn't have enough eligible delegate candidates. Kasich actually can't win any delegates.

I looked at this model and I thought it was interesting. But does it hold for both open and closed primaries?

From what I can tell, no. It simply used how groups voted in each state and then applies those to states in the region. Ohio and Illinois, for example, were modeled after Michigan. Florida and NC modeled after more southern states.

pigeon

Banned

I mean, this model is kind of a joke. It's a straight regression analysis with 12 data points and two elements, one of which is just a binary switch. Saying "look how well it explains Michigan" is kind of ridiculous since they didn't show us the model until AFTER Michigan. So yeah, your curve fit now curve fits Michigan. No surprise there!

This is more or less the exact example Nate Silver used in the old days to talk about how bad overfit models are and how easy they are to make.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom