• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT3| You know what they say about big Michigans - big Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.
The people in the other thread basically saying that female journalists who get assaulted by political campaigns have it coming really do make thing there's a strong fascist base on GAF.

Araris

Neo Member
Yeah I think people don't realize just how screwed the gop actually is. They'd have to flip NH. That's why we send wacky Bernie up there to stump.

The problem I have with the 272 number is, and this is just anecdotal evidence living here, I see Colorado being massively problematic for Hillary Clinton. I'd go so far as to say that I see Virginia being much more reliably blue in a Clinton v Trump match up than I do Colorado.

I know that in 2012 Colorado was the tipping point state but I think Virginia is more reliably blue at the Presidential level as of 2016 than Colorado. The good news being that I don't really see how the GOP makes Virginia competitive this election cycle.

PBY

Banned
I think literally the only thing Rubio could do tonight that could help is this:

renounce his pledge to support Big Don

The problem I have with the 272 number is, and this is just anecdotal evidence living here, I see Colorado being massively problematic for Hillary Clinton. I'd go so far as to say that I see Virginia being much more reliably blue in a Clinton v Trump match up than I do Colorado.

I know that in 2012 Colorado was the tipping point state but I think Virginia is more reliably blue at the Presidential level as of 2016 than Colorado. The good news being that I don't really see how the GOP makes Virginia competitive this election cycle.

Trump is fucked by the growing Hispanic population in Colorado that will be voting against him with larger margins than they did with Romney. There's also how poorly Trump does with college educated voters and women. I don't think people understand how trapped Trump is by demographics.

We don't win anymore

beckman-repeats-11.png

beckman-repeats-2.png

Wilsongt

I'm being snubbed. I am supposed to be visiting and getting to know a nice guy, yet almost the entire time he's either been talking to a neighbor or on the phone.

Adam halppls

NeoXChaos

what in the world is Trump's acceptance speech going to look like? constant rambling like he always does in this rally or will he pull a Palin 08 on us?

I can't for life of me seeing him on that podium say: "Mr Chairman, extinguished guest and delegates. I accept your nomination for President of the United States."

I think literally the only thing Rubio could do tonight that could help is this:

renounce his pledge to support Big Don

Rubio's going to be a really desperate man tonight. Cruz is going to get Jeb endorsement tomorrow to counteract Carson. His brother just joined the Cruz campaign, but no media is talking about it.

Araris

Neo Member
Trump is fucked by the growing Hispanic population in Colorado that will be voting against him with larger margins than they did with Romney. There's also how poorly Trump does with college educated voters and women. I don't think people understand how trapped Trump is by demographics.

I hope so, I just don't see the swing suburbia counties (e.g. Arapahoe, etc...) that used to be reliably Republican that Obama managed to carry voting for Hillary. I'd hope that the Hispanic growth would offset the drop off I see her getting there.

Two months ago my reliably Republican, college educated co-workers were all planning on leaving the top of the ticket blank if their nominee was Trump. However with Scalia's death they're voting for him. I'm just personally seeing the 'college educated' voter still voting R due to their awareness of the Supreme Court.

I hope so, I just don't see the swing suburbia counties (e.g. Arapahoe, etc...) that used to be reliably Republican that Obama managed to carry voting for Hillary. I'd hope that the Hispanic growth would offset the drop off I see her getting there.

Those counties are the types of places Trump does poorly in compared to Romney. College educated and suburban voters are not a place we should be expecting Trump to outdo Romney.

Rubenov

what in the world is Trump's acceptance speech going to look like? constant rambling like he always does in this rally or will he pull a Palin 08 on us?

I can't for life of me seeing him on that podium say: "Mr Chairman, extinguished guest and delegates. I accept your nomination for President of the United States."

lol somebody would have to force him, using every tactic possible, to read from a prepared script.

I can imagine a troll from the public yelling "small hands!" and him losing it though

BanGy.nz

Banned

He's going to sell Trump steaks and wine for 20 minutes, it's going to be amazing.

CCS

Banned
Ehh, at this point it'll be Clinton vs. Donald "I'm the best 140 character writer in the world" Trump barring a Donald "I'm the best 140 character writer in the world" Trump meltdown so I kind of want to get on with that.

We got to have a few more hoedowns first.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Trump would be a threat to Hillary in New Hampshire.
Then he won't be in Virginia. He's not going to have the same appeal. I'm not afraid of trump.

And if he wins, f y'all I am getting so much money back I can't Even believe it.

Your relationship advice is the best.

Hahaha

Well my Berniebro managed to knock it out of the park. My favorite bands are Panic at the Disco, Cher (not a band) and then the Indigo Girls. He was in Austin and found some like old record store, and they had a DVD concert of my favorite Indigo Girl's CD. He got it for me for my birthday. <3

“You don’t want to deal with what the legal definition of what binding is, you want loyal people,” he said. “[Our delegates] are going to go and they’re going to wear their Trump uniforms and they’re going to do everything they can for Donald Trump.”
When is he going to unveil the Trump Uniform?

CCS

Banned
Hahaha

Well my Berniebro managed to knock it out of the park. My favorite bands are Panic at the Disco, Cher (not a band) and then the Indigo Girls. He was in Austin and found some like old record store, and they had a DVD concert of my favorite Indigo Girl's CD. He got it for me for my birthday. <3

Just fuck/marry/destroy society already :p

Diablos

Two months ago my reliably Republican, college educated co-workers were all planning on leaving the top of the ticket blank if their nominee was Trump. However with Scalia's death they're voting for him. I'm just personally seeing the 'college educated' voter still voting R due to their awareness of the Supreme Court.
I think it can't be understated how Scalia's death is, like, this sleeping giant of a campaign boost to the GOP on top of everything else. It's horrifying.

CNN already saying Cruz is going to attack Trump. Jeez. They want a clean debate, but they force his hand.

"Well, it's interesting that Donald won't let people die in the streets. I would note that this is a Republican debate, Donald."

Trump vs. Cruz is interesting in that neither guy knows how to best attack the other.

Cerium

Cruz is the final boss. It was all leading up to this. His downfall will be the most satisfying of all.

"Well, it's interesting that Donald won't let people die in the streets. I would note that this is a Republican debate, Donald."

Trump vs. Cruz is interesting in that neither guy knows how to best attack the other.
The "dirty liar" label was sticking when Rubio was helping Trump apply it. Hopefully Carson can fill that role now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom