• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT3| You know what they say about big Michigans - big Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.
All this fuckery and we haven't even gotten to the GE yet.

The Alt-Right is destroying Fields over an event that was clearly documented to have happened and Fields is a hardcore Republican.

Trump's fans have a deep, deep hatred of women and that hasn't had a chance to come to the surface with the GOP primary being all dudes other than Fiorina. Trump vs. Hillary will be impossibly misogynistic.

With regards to Bush and Kasich, it absolutely baffles me that neither of them have had anyone talk to them about posture and body language. Both of them hunch their neck over and slouch (except Bush when he's standing on his tip toes) which make them look tired and weak and Kasich in that interview has his hands on his hips making him look like he's pissed and ready to jump down the interviewer's throat. These are minor, elementary points like stand up straight, have open body language, and don't fidget and yet, seemingly, no one has told them about this issue or they just don't listen. It's such an unforced error because it contributes to the subconscious image people make of these people and when the man you are trying to beat happens to be a 6'2" bully, anything you do to make you look smaller or nervous comes across TERRIBLY.

Jeb is a giant human being too. Massive amount of height wasted with terrible posture.

Hillary does not come off looking good in that essay.
Joe Biden says she "wants to be Golda Mier", she wanted to bomb Syria, she pushed for the intervention in Libya and she apparently goes around saying "I dont want my grandchildren to live in a world dominated by the Chinese"
My queen. Fuck the chinese and foreign policy restraint

Sianos

Trump's campaign manager yelling at the woman he assaulted.

CdPmZTvUkAAE0EJ.jpg

Trump is going to get baited into a question on whether he believes rape victims and it's going to be the worst thing you've ever heard.

now THERE'S the fuckery i was waiting for!!

ah yes, the old "she's crazy - i never even met her!!" defense for an event that was documented by multiple witnesses

it's clear he knows he met her, and there's a transcript of the question asked and witness reactions - it was particularly transparent and stupid for him to needlessly elevate from "i never touched her!!" to "i never even met her!!"

I wouldn't even blow the story up if I was Hillary's camp or any other liberal outlet. Let Trump carry on and win Florida (and possibly Ohio). Let him become the nominee and then unleash hell.

Drakeon

now THERE'S the fuckery i was waiting for!!

ah yes, the old "she's crazy - i never even met her!!" defense for an event that was documented by multiple witnesses

it's clear he knows he met her, and there's a transcript of the question asked and witness reactions - it was particularly transparent and stupid for him to needlessly elevate from "i never touched her!!" to "i never even met her!!"

He's attempting to gaslight her, which is terrible in and of itself, but also incredibly stupid given that they weren't alone when it happened.

Kasich is nothing if not opportunistic. He knows how to tie himself to something that will benefit him. He's gaming for Veep. No more, no less. He'll use his delegates to be a king maker if it benefits him in any way.

Sianos

He's attempting to gaslight her, which is terrible in and of itself, but also incredibly stupid given that they weren't alone when it happened.

if this is what they do when there are witnesses, imagine what disgusting psychological manipulation they try when there are none...

I think so too. But under a brokered convention, Cruz will have more delegates and thus more leverage. If the mood is "Trump has the most delegates/popular votes so he should get the nomination" during the convention, Cruz has a better case.
If this goes to a convention, Cruz has absolutely no chance.

They'd already be overriding the public's vote. Might as well to it to get someone they like. It won't be worth it to them. They'd just hand it to trump at this point

Kasich or Mittens (or dare I say.. Jeb!?!) will get the convention pick

They'd already be overriding the public's vote. Might as well to it to get someone they like. It won't be worth it to them. They'd just hand it to trump at this point

Kasich or Mittens will get the convention pick

Contested conventions aren't just a thing where the establishment can waive a wand and get anything they want.

Hey, the Democrats got more votes in the Louisiana primary than the Republicans. Do you think that means they can take the state?

Nope. Heavy republican state. Trump might cause it to go blue though. I don't think any state would be off the table for dems if Trump is the nominee.

Nope. Heavy republican state. Trump might cause it to go blue though. I don't think any state would be off the table for dems if Trump is the nominee.

I'm pretty sure he's being sarcastic, mocking the "look at x state having higher Republican turnout!" posts from before.

Wilsongt

Kansas gonna Kansas.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/kansas-conservatives-advance-bill-impeachment-judges-185050733.html

The Republican-dominated Senate Judiciary Committee approved the bill on a voice vote, sending it to the full chamber for debate. It's the latest in a series of measures from GOP conservatives in recent years that have put Kansas at the center of a national effort to remake state courts.

The bill supplements a provision of the state constitution that says Supreme Court justices can be impeached and removed from office for treason, bribery or "other high crimes and misdemeanors." The bill outlines a list of misconduct covered by the latter phrase, including attempting "to usurp the power" of the Legislature or executive branch of state government.

The committee rewrote the bill, with some supporters seeking to make the measure seem less of an attack on the state Supreme Court. But lawmakers are considering it amid widespread dissatisfaction among GOP conservatives with decisions in recent years overturning death sentences for convicted murderers and requiring lawmakers to boost spending on public schools.

Four of Kansas' seven Supreme Court justices were appointed by Democratic Gov. Kathleen Sebelius, who served from 2003 to 2009, and two by her predecessor, Bill Graves, a moderate Republican. Only one was appointed by current Gov. Sam Brownback, a conservative Republican.

Conservatives are expected to push this year for Kansas voters in the November election to remove four justices — two Sebelius appointees and the two Graves appointees.

WAH WAH WAH The Kansas Supreme court got on our case because we underfunded education which is required to have a set amount of funding as deemed by our state constitution. Fuck 'em! Let's impeach them!

Holmes

Kasich or Mittens (or dare I say.. Jeb!?!) will get the convention pick
I meant a better chance than Kasich to get picked as Trump's VP and instruct his delegates to vote for Trump.

daedalius

Kansas gonna Kansas.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/kansas-conservatives-advance-bill-impeachment-judges-185050733.html

WAH WAH WAH The Kansas Supreme court got on our case because we underfunded education which is required to have a set amount of funding as deemed by our state constitution. Fuck 'em! Let's impeach them!

Yea, this state continues to be garbage

I really would like to move, too bad we're like totally underwater on our house, because we bought it at the height of the housing market right before the crash! Score!

Loudninja

Bahaha!

Moderators Give Marco Rubio 90 Seconds To Deliver Closing Statement Of Campaign
MIAMI—Allowing the candidate to leave viewers with a final impression before the broadcast concluded, CNN moderator Jake Tapper reportedly gave Marco Rubio 90 seconds to deliver his campaign’s closing statement at the end of Thursday night’s Republican debate. “We have reached the conclusion of our debate, and now, Senator Rubio, you will have 90 seconds to wrap up your campaign for president of the United States,” said Tapper, advising the Florida senator to be concise and direct with his final words of the election cycle. “This is your last chance to speak directly to the American people before exiting the national stage, so please utilize your time wisely. You may now begin.” Tapper went on to assure John Kasich that he would have the same chance after Rubio was finished.
http://www.theonion.com/article/moderators-give-marco-rubio-90-seconds-deliver-clo-52510

Is Missouri open or closed. My new thought is basically what's the black and/or non-white vote share, can independents participate, is it a caucus. If the answer is low, yes, yes then I expect Sanders to win.

Is Missouri open or closed. My new thought is basically what's the black and/or non-white vote share, can independents participate, is it a caucus. If the answer is low, yes, yes then I expect Sanders to win.

Open.

I think he has a shot because he won Kansas, Oklahoma and Nebraska and they're like right next to each other lol. That's my scientific analysis.

My math class suddenly turning into a "are you really good at programming in Matlab" class out of nowhere is frustrating.

I have spent 15 fucking hours trying to model Brownian motion using Weiner's Fourier Series and Matlab is straight trash at defining functions involving sums of random variables multiplied by symbolic functions (which makes sense since there's like three times when people would ever do that).

You are forgetting, percentage of young voters. Below 45 and Above 45.

In 2008, below 45 we had 41%, Sanders would want that around 45+%.
AA was 18%
Hispanic was 5%
Other was 2%
White was 77%

Female was 56%.

I still expect Sanders to win OH and MO

You are forgetting, percentage of young voters. Below 45 and Above 45.

In 2008, below 45 we had 41%, Sanders would want that around 45+%.
AA was 18%
Hispanic was 5%
Other was 2%
White was 77%

Female was 56%.

I still expect Sanders to win OH and MO

Michigan was 21% AA so these numbers probably bode fairly well for Sanders. Also, I don't believe 17 year olds who will be 18 by the general were allowed to vote in MI. If they are in MO that's a few thousand free votes for Bernie.

Michigan was 21% AA so these numbers probably bode fairly well for Sanders. Also, I don't believe 17 year olds who will be 18 by the general were allowed to vote in MI. If they are in MO that's a few thousand free votes for Bernie.

Depends on a lot. MO is not a rust belt state, so will Sanders carry the 28% black vote in MO too?

It will be close either way, Sanders needs blow outs and he is not going to get one.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Depends on a lot. MO is not a rust belt state, so will Sanders carry the 28% black vote in MO too?

It will be close either way, Sanders needs blow outs and he is not going to get one.

Don't forget the Clinton camp's reaction to Michigan, they'll likely look to drive turn out a lot harder going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom