• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT3| You know what they say about big Michigans - big Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyosaiga

Banned
You know I've been following politics since 08 and I had gotten use to the bullshit and lies of conservative propaganda and lack of context and nuance when discussing issues where ignorance from the right barely even phases me anymore...

But this year the ignorance of so called progressives is to the point now where anything anti Hillary I just have to assume is bullshit. Like we are supposed to be the informed ones!!

Terrible way of thinking, but Pavlov conditioning tho...

HylianTom

Banned
I've slept more than 6 hours for the first time in over a year, and now feel so energized that I don't know how to handle this feeling of being well-rested.

Did Trump work the spin room himself after the debate? He's figured out that this gets him free advertising/air time. If he keeps doing this, I'd suspect that Hillary might have to do the same thing after she debates him; he can't be allowed to unilaterally re-tilt debate impressions - it's a part of how he negates/deflects his shallow performances.

Between the post-debate maneuvering and his day-after stunts, he could really be setting new standards for handling/manipulation of media.

Thinking back a bit, it's very impressive that Trump managed to come through without significant damage after 3 straight Thursday night debates. In the middle of ongoing primaries, no less! When you've got a target on your back that frequency is already rough, plus one was FOX, plus the first two went completely off the rails. Maybe no one last night had any mental energy left to mount a true confrontation, or didn't want to risk angering Trump further before such a decisive day. No one has yet to survive personally insulting him, other than Ted Cruz. Despite a lack of a KO he's been continuously humiliated.
We've got a fanfic in the making! And, because internet, I can rest assured that this already exists somewhere.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
My takeaways:

1. Trump came out smelling like roses. I would say unscathed honestly.
2. If Cruz's goal was to knock Rubio out of the race, I didn't see it. Coupled with his comments on a contested convention recently, he may have shifted strategy. He may be hoping the party comes around to him as the second place candidate.
3. Rubio did well but I don't think it matters. He is moderate on the things Republicans are most sanguine on (MUSLINS) and crazy everywhere else.
4. Not a good debate for Kasich with everyone else looking like an adult.

My takeaways:

1. Trump came out smelling like roses. I would say unscathed honestly.
2. If Cruz's goal was to knock Rubio out of the race, I didn't see it. Coupled with his comments on a contested convention recently, he may have shifted strategy. He may be hoping the party comes around to him as the second place candidate.
3. Rubio did well but I don't think it matters. He is moderate on the things Republicans are most sanguine on (MUSLINS) and crazy everywhere else.
4. Not a good debate for Kasich with everyone else looking like an adult.

It's crazy that looking like an adult for a Presidential candidate is considered a good showing.

Cerium

I wonder if Kasich would accept a spot on that ticket.

Kind of risky isn't it? If you lose you're forever that guy who bent the knee to Donald Trump.

Diablos

Kind of risky isn't it? If you lose you're forever that guy who bent the knee to Donald Trump.
He wants to win Ohio badly. I also think he's an asshole and not the guy he tries to be on stage. So, yes.

Trump should choose Jim Webb and finally do that crossing the aisles VP pick.

---

“A number of us who have done modeling district-by-district using demographics, polling, previous cycles’ results … the way we see it is Trump finishing in the 1,350- to 1,370-delegate range if he wins Ohio and Florida, and right around 1,200 without them,” said one neutral Republican strategist watching the race. “If he wins one, there’s a better chance than not he gets to 1,237,” but it would be very close.
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/03/donald-trump-delegates-convention-220616#ixzz42b5Zhb3g

Sounds like a nuisance tbh.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Politico insiders say Rubio won!!!!!!!

Shocking.

Also, LOL at Drudge looking at the details to find that someone in Delaware spammed 44000 votes for Cruz in his poll. Sounds like a Cruz campaign move.

Shocking.

Also, LOL at Drudge looking at the details to find that someone in Delaware spammed 44000 votes for Cruz in his poll. Sounds like a Cruz campaign move.

Was Cruz campaign trying to win the poll

CdPrtlkUAAAJZSM.jpg

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Apparently Trump took every other state easily.

User 406

Banned
adam, ebay and manky. How delusional is your Governor about this race? he insist he's somehow going to by mental gymnastics leap frog Cruz and Trump to the nomination.

I couldn't say if he really believes he'll be the nominee, but I wouldn't be surprised if he did. He might really subscribe to the theory that he's the most appealing pick for the GOPe in a contested convention, or he might just be bluffing. The fact that he's good at fooling people about what he's really like is kinda why this isn't really easy to say. :p

Kasich is nothing if not opportunistic. He knows how to tie himself to something that will benefit him. He's gaming for Veep. No more, no less. He'll use his delegates to be a king maker if it benefits him in any way.

And this, Kasich knows how to take a setback and work towards the next thing. If he doesn't get the nomination, he'll take whatever advantage he can get for the future.

She wants to do a Hannibal Lecter on Trump.

But she'll come away hungry. :(

I'm sure he'd say something like he took the spot because he knew he could keep Trump reined in with his common-sense conservative compassion by golly, and then America would be all like, yeah, what a nice guy looking out for us like that and then elect him President next cycle and I kill everyone.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I'm thinking of buying some Hillary shares on predictit on Tuesday. I expect them to decline a ton if Ohio is close. She's basically a lock so that should be easy money. I guess it depends if the shares crash or not.

Oltsu

Banned
Politico insiders say Rubio won!!!!!!!

And yet Politico's front page is plastered with Trump articles and pictures of his face. Not to mention all the other outlets doing the exact same thing lol.

Media just can't help itself = trump win.

HylianTom

Banned
A Republican candidate openly talking about electoral math, and how difficult it is for them. Holy hell, this is refreshing.

I still maintain: if Rubio and Kasich had made a more blunt presentation of "you need our states if you want any chance of winning," they'd be doing better than the mess they're in today.

Owzers

lol ted cruz supporter reaction: people are saying they are sad on Carson's facebook page for him endorsing Trump. I don't get why shills are given so much time for reaction.

With regards to Bush and Kasich, it absolutely baffles me that neither of them have had anyone talk to them about posture and body language. Both of them hunch their neck over and slouch (except Bush when he's standing on his tip toes) which make them look tired and weak and Kasich in that interview has his hands on his hips making him look like he's pissed and ready to jump down the interviewer's throat. These are minor, elementary points like stand up straight, have open body language, and don't fidget and yet, seemingly, no one has told them about this issue or they just don't listen. It's such an unforced error because it contributes to the subconscious image people make of these people and when the man you are trying to beat happens to be a 6'2" bully, anything you do to make you look smaller or nervous comes across TERRIBLY.

You really believe body language and posture are significant factors in terms of them getting their butts whooped by Trump?

PBY

Banned
On a regulatory update call for the investment industry. They're discussing Trump implications lmaooo

edit: holy fuck these dudes are shook af

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom