• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT3| You know what they say about big Michigans - big Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

CCS

Banned
On a regulatory update call for the investment industry. They're discussing Donald "We need global warming" Trump implications lmaooo

I've been wondering about what the implications of a Trump presidency would be for investment etc. His policies and positions are so all over the place economically speaking it's kinda hard to nail down.

PBY

Banned
I've been wondering about what the implications of a Trump presidency would be for investment etc. His policies and positions are so all over the place economically speaking it's kinda hard to nail down.

These industry dudes seem to think its going to be terrible.

Iolo

implications of Trump presidency -> market panic -> economic disaster -> civil unrest -> Trump elected president

it's self fulfilling

Bowdz

If Rubio drops and Kasich takes Ohio, has he become a viable candidate?

No.

If Kasich wins Ohio, he will have about fifty less delegates than Rubio has right now. He'll probably go on, but his only strategy is to make it to a contested convention.

CCS

Banned
implications of Donald "Stay and we keep the oil" Trump presidency -> market panic -> economic disaster -> civil unrest -> Donald "Stay and we keep the oil" Trump elected president

it's self fulfilling

Played like a damn fiddle!

Holmes

jAkZrmX.png

what's the math for this?
Sanders win New York and California with 67%!

HylianTom

Banned
Lakeland Ledger/10NEWS WTSP Poll

Florida

Clinton 68
Sanders 23

Trump 36
Rubio 30
Cruz 17
Kasich 8
Man, Florida is going to provide some really nice delegate padding to the frontrunners.

____

And I'm starting to fear reactions when Trump loses in November. It's only March, and his supporters are already amped-up.

stupei

On the elevator into work this morning (in NYC) a Trump supporter tried to get me to talk to him about how unfair it is that he gets labeled a racist when "they" can say whatever they want "like Beyonce at the Super Bowl."

Jesus.

Kusagari

Florida's weird because I don't think Bernie does as bad with minorities as he did in the rest of the south, though he's still going to do bad, but old white people are going to bury him.

CCS

Banned
On the elevator into work this morning (in NYC) a Trump supporter tried to get me to talk to him about how unfair it is that he gets labeled a racist when "they" can say whatever they want "like Beyonce at the Super Bowl."

Jesus.

I had an absolutely delightful conversation with someone a couple of days ago about how people who call Trump racist are the real racists. Peak moment was something along the lines of "saying that Trump's comments about Mexicans are racist means that you think all Mexicans are rapists yourself."

I literally don't even know how you respond to that.

Vestal

So this just happened on CNN.

The communication Director for the Rubio Campaign said that Rubio followers should vote for Kasich in Ohio to stop Donald Trump....

Brave new world.

CCS

Banned
So this just happened on CNN.

The communication Director for the Rubio Campaign said that Rubio followers should vote for Kasich in Ohio to stop Donald Trump....

Brave new world.

I'm sure all 5 of them will make a huge difference.

I think unless something changes, Kasich will win Ohio. His approval and favorable ratings in the state are huge and he's been leading in a few polls.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
I had an absolutely delightful conversation with someone a couple of days ago about how people who call Trump racist are the real racists. Peak moment was something along the lines of "saying that Trump's comments about Mexicans are racist means that you think all Mexicans are rapists yourself."

I literally don't even know how you respond to that.

Probably by drooling all over because you have been verbally lobotomized.

That FL poll with Trump ahead by only 6 points sucks. He needs to be a safe frontrunner. But from what it seems, it looks like the only poll so far with him within single digits ahead.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I am still kinda baffled that both Ted and Rubio didnt go after Trump last night. This was their last chance to stop him. Literally their last chance. You dont have to stoop to his level to take him on, but you cant let him get away with it either. Who told them this was a good idea?

Donald "The U.S. has become a dumping ground" Trump 36
Rubio 30
Cruz 17
Kasich 8

Maybe Kasich needs to tell his supporters to vote for Rubio in Florida.

Definitely yes when it comes to Bush. As Trump would put it he didn't look "HIGH ENERGY"

I don't know why Jeb lost so badly, but my baseless speculation suggests if he didn't have trouble before in politics it doesn't make sense. Would anyone have ultimately cared or stopped giving Jeb $$$ if Trump didn't say anything and wasn't a framing God? In fact, people thought Jeb was the chosen one for a long time even as Trump repeated that line of attack x10000000. Jeb would've gotten crushed standing tall with high energy if we did it all over again IMO.

tomtom94

I'm assuming "Reagan" is boosted by Nancy's recent death but damn I was not expecting him to dominate discourse that much. He really is just like Thatcher over here.

Crocodile

That FL poll with Trump ahead by only 6 points sucks. He needs to be a safe frontrunner. But from what it seems, it looks like the only poll so far with him within single digits ahead.

I think there was another one with him up by only 9?

Either way, it feels like some people, like that Ted Cruz Super PAC as one example, are easing their boot off Rubio's neck. Now is the time to deliver the finishing blow when he looks weak, not let him get an obnoxious "comeback kid" narrative (I wouldn't care so much about that narrative if the media hadn't been trying to push Rubio so damn hard for MONTHS and if I could stand to listen to anything that comes out of his mouth).

Florida

Clinton 68
Sanders 23

Trump 36
Rubio 30
Cruz 17
Kasich 8
Trump getting killed with women.
Trump appears to have weaker support from female Republicans, as he trails Rubio 37%-29%. But among men, Trump has a wide 42%-24% advantage over Rubio. Breaking down the results by age groups, 18-34- year-olds lean to Trump at 46% with Rubio at 36%. But voters 65+ favor Rubio 39%, with 32% for Trump.

Bowdz

Florida

Clinton 68
Sanders 23

Trump 36
Rubio 30
Cruz 17
Kasich 8

Let the fapping commence (for the Dems). Bernie will narrowly win Ohio and be set back back another 70 delegates. Fucking lol son. Rubio's gonna pull this out isn't he?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom