• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT3| You know what they say about big Michigans - big Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. That's the worst part of any election outcome where the GOP still controls the House (which is inevitable). Ryan and the GOP leadership will claim that they have the mandate from the voters because they still control it regardless of whether or not they lose the Senate. They will be just as obstructionist because of this fact. Luckily, Hilldawg and the Dems can go nuclear on SCOTUS nominations and just ram through 3 judges without their consent.

Winning the Senate is imperative this year.

Democrats need a massive anti-gerrymandering lawsuit effort across the country after this election. That's one of the biggest sleeper issues that people aren't paying attention to and could be massive swings. Especially if they lose the general (doubtful, but still)

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Democrats need a massive anti-gerrymandering lawsuit effort across the country after this election. That's one of the biggest sleeper issues that people aren't paying attention to and could be massive swings. Especially if they lose the general (doubtful, but still)

There has been an effort to pass constitutional amendments at the state level in several stales. It put Florida back to normal and it was probably one of the top 5 worst offenders.

NeoXChaos

MO general:

Dave Helling ‏@dhellingkc 3m3 minutes ago
From MO poll: Cruz beats Sanders, Clinton. So does Rubio. Trump beats Clinton but loses to Sanders.

Dave Helling ‏@dhellingkc 55s55 seconds ago
One caution on new MO poll: sample size is small in each party, so MoE is relatively high

pigeon

Banned
Something is going on in Alaska beyond Palin I think. They have an independent governor now, plus the presidential swings.

Climate change?

Alaska, like Hawaii, is only nominally integrated with continental party politics. I mean, Alaska has been voting Republican for twenty years, but it has a basic income program! Alaskan problems and concerns are very different from mainland problems and concerns, so they vote for politicians they think will help with those issues. I think Alaska could probably be blue in the next decade given their deep dependence on welfare of various sorts. It's probably just about who's less likely to fuck Alaska up.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
This was inevitable once South Carolina hit in my view. Two reasons:

Sanders did not make in-roads where he needed to

Trump was going to win all over the country
I am a Hilary supporter, but the DNC really screwed over Bernie by limiting the number of debates before Iowa to like three debates. They should've had the same number of debates the republicans had last year. Bernie was trailing by like 25 points in Iowa and New Hampshire up until November last year.

I am a Hilary supporter, but the DNC really screwed over Bernie by limiting the number of debates before Iowa to like three debates. They should've had the same number of debates the republicans had last year. Bernie was trailing by like 25 points in Iowa and New Hampshire up until November last year.

I think they probably could have had a few more but for the number of candidates, I think it's been mostly fair.

HPU-Poll-Democratic-presidential-primary-likely-and-actual-voters-March-2016.jpg

HPU-Poll-GOP-presidential-primary-likely-and-actual-voters-March-2016.jpg

Bowdz

I have a feeling (much like the amazing Nate Silver) that Trump's going to lose FL and OH. The polls are moving away from him in both States and it's hard to see him beating beating he incumbents. We're headed to a brokered convention bros.

BELIEVE!

Maledict

The early debates helped Hilary, not Bernie. Debates have never really helped Bernie - despite what his supporters thought, Hilary tends to come out on top because she's got an insane grasp of detail and has been doing this for decades.

Overall there are simply, way, way too many debates on both sides. You have 3 maximum for a presidential election, why on earth do you need 8+ for the primaries?

We Ask America (538 only gave it a weight of 3 despite being most recent, has a C- rating)

Illinois

Clinton 62
Sanders 25

just making a quick glance at the crosstabs, i'm gonna wager this isn't particularly accurate

(namely the fact that they don't provide age weights, and also clinton winning white people 60-30)

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I have a feeling (much like the amazing Nate Silver) that Trump's going to lose FL and OH. The polls are moving away from him in both States and it's hard to see him beating beating he incumbents. We're headed to a brokered convention bros.

BELIEVE!
I don't believe the polls are moving away from him in both states. There have been four Ohio polls since March 1. Trump leads in all but 1, and the margins have jumped around a bit. In Florida like four new polls On huffpo came out showing big leads: ppp, trafalgar, opinion saavy, and Suffolk. Only mason Dixon is less than 8 points.

noshten

The early debates helped Hilary, not Bernie. Debates have never really helped Bernie - despite what his supporters thought, Hilary tends to come out on top because she's got an insane grasp of detail and has been doing this for decades.

Overall there are simply, way, way too many debates on both sides. You have 3 maximum for a presidential election, why on earth do you need 8+ for the primaries?

Sure....

so can someone point out to me specific posts where regulars in this thread (or other members of so-called "HillaryGAF") have generalized all Bernie supporters as closet Trump supporters and racists?

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
The list of firsts for Dr. Ben Carson is impressive:

-first to separate conjoined twins at the head
-first black republican candidate to ever lead in the polls
-first black man to endorse Donald Trump

What a legacy

mo60

About the GE I could see Hilary easily getting around 400 electoral votes if trump is the republican nominee, but 500+ electoral votes is impossible for the dems in this election cycle. The popular vote for trump will probably be between 40% and 45% if Hilary does get around 400 electoral votes.

I don't believe the polls are moving away from him in both states. There have been four Ohio polls since March 1. Trump leads in all but 1, and the margins have jumped around a bit. In Florida like four new polls On huffpo came out showing big leads: ppp, trafalgar, opinion saavy, and Suffolk. Only mason Dixon is less than 8 points.
Yeah, where is this movement because I'm not seein it. When the early votes come in and Rubio's up, people are gonna die lol.

About the GE I could see Hilary easily getting around 400 electoral votes if trump is the republican nominee, but 500+ electoral votes is impossible for the dems in this election cycle. The popular vote for trump will probably be between 40% and 45% if Hilary does get around 400 electoral votes.

I always saw 395 as the ceiling for the Democrats in the general election. That's Obama's map, plus Arizona, Missouri, and Georgia. I can't think of a second state that would flip. Maybe Montona, Alaska, or South Carolina?

Trump hitting Sanders of all people today in STL. Calling him pathetic for letting the BLM ladies take over his mic a few months ago.

And now hitting Kasich for bringing Obamacare to Ohio.

Kyosaiga

Banned
I always saw 395 as the ceiling for the Democrats in the general election. That's Obama's map, plus Arizona, Missouri, and Georgia. I can't think of a second state that would flip. Maybe Montona, Alaska, or South Carolina?
South Carolina?

Hahaha. Trump will win New York against Clinton before South Carolina votes for a democrat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom