• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT3| You know what they say about big Michigans - big Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarkus

Damn it, I deposited $1800 to use on a market on PredictIt, only to find out that they limit it to a max of $850???

I already had $800 on that market, so basically I have $1800 sitting in my account now. :(
Forward your degenerate gambling questions to Cerium and Jack Remington.

Diablos

I'm telling you, establishment GOPers WILL NOT ALLOW Trump to be President. They won't. The convention is going to be a fucking disaster.

Diablos

True, but we probably didn't need Trump to spill gasoline all over everything either
It's inevitable really. I am telling you we're heading towards a period of civil unrest. There's a big paradigm shift in ideology as the baby boomers are starting to get outnumbered by Gen X and Millennials. There are so many things wrong with this country. So many people are in extreme poverty and have no voice. At some point, something has to give.

This woman's luck defies all logic

I shouldn't feel this way, but she really does have good luck on some of these things. The HIV/AIDS thing wasn't campaign ending. I thought it wouldn't gain much traction when the national media (NBC Nightly News) gave her a pass on it. Once they showed a clip of her praising Mrs. Reagan for stem cell research, I knew they weren't going to go there.

The fucking stupid comments pissed me off, and she'll need to have a come to Jesus moment about it, I think, but this over shadows it, thus giving her some wiggle room to deal with any potential fall out.

Trump ethered

CdT2RHaUMAA5Bu7.jpg:large

The Chicago machine firing on all cylinders tonight. This isn't a coincidence or a spontaneous event.

I only wish they waited. I want him to be the nominee before all hell breaks loose.

Diablos

Hillary's not exactly lucky. Her healthcare reform efforts were a massive failure and helped fuel the 1994 GOP midterm megaton victory. She got cheated on by her husband, the sitting President at the time and had to endure all of the awful feelings that would naturally go along with it. She then kind of had a ho-hum streak in the Senate to have a platform for the Presidency. She fought tooth and nail against Obama in 08 and still lost. Then she became Secretary of State and is bogged down by Benghazi and the e-mail scandal due to noise and bullshit from the right. Now she's stuck in the middle of the most unconventional Presidential election cycle this country has ever seen in modern times and who knows how she will be able to deal with that.

She's not exactly lucky.

Makai

It's inevitable really. I am telling you we're heading towards a period of civil unrest. There's a big paradigm shift in ideology as the baby boomers are starting to get outnumbered by Gen X and Millennials. There are so many things wrong with this country. So many people are in extreme poverty and have no voice. At some point, something has to give.
I'm pretty sure any quantitative measure of civil unrest would show us in a trough.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
lol on MSNBC you could hear someone typing as a correspondent spoke.
If he doesn't win the nomination, the shitshow will still happen...just /inside/ the convention, not outside.
If he doesn't have enough delegates I can't see it getting too bad. Now if he does and they block him anyway...

Cybit

FGC Waterboy

Also doesn't help that you have a massive wealth imbalance (gilded age level); the economic recovery has left a large chunk of the country behind (many of the Sanders / Trump followers), and that the two sides have gone from policy disagreements to "you're bad human beings / racists / sexists / godless / etc".

Nope, can't see how both sides haven't been fanning the hell out of those flames for the last 8 years, and can't see how this tinderbox won't explode, especially with massive denial people are in about Trump. :(

If I was a Republican candidate, I would be publicly requesting Baby Hand Man drop out of the race so that this can end.

Not saying he would, but distance yourself.

What did Trump say on Fox News?

He said they weren't protesting because of him or anything he has said - they are protesting because they are mad at the high unemployment rates of black youth and they are angry at politicians.

(not joking- that's what he said among other things)

royalan

He said they weren't protesting because of him or anything he has said - they are protesting because they are mad at the high unemployment rates of black youth and they are angry at politicians.

(not joking- that's what he said among other things)

Did anyone counter him?

Fuck, people have got to stop letting Trump control the messaging. He wins every time.

hawk2025

same thing he said on msnbc

people protesting because they're unemployed

can't hold a rally in this country anymore etc etc

"People are protesting because they are unemployed":

09Mtaqg.jpg

Why didn't it happen like this in 2012?
I'm going to keep using this image every time people talk about the terrible economy, sorry guys. I have an excellent one for the rising income inequality too when people deny it, tho!

Ecotic

I don't know how the Republicans are going to hold a convention in Cleveland. That's about the blackest city there is. There will be tens and tens of thousands of protesters outside, at minimum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom