• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT3| You know what they say about big Michigans - big Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

sangreal

Did anyone counter him?

Fuck, people have got to stop letting Trump control the messaging. He wins every time.

Greta was like "um if they are protesting the economy they must blame you, because they are protesting you" he just said they had supporters there too

CdTxkTfXEAE5sRQ.jpg

I think we know how he feels about this Trump guy.

thefro

I don't know how the Republicans are going to hold a convention in Cleveland. That's about the blackest city there is. There will be tens and tens of thousands of protesters outside, at minimum.

Lebron may pull rank and get the RNC kicked out of Quicken Loans arena if this keeps up.

Rubenov

Damn it, I deposited $1800 to use on a market on PredictIt, only to find out that they limit it to a max of $850???

I already had $800 on that market, so basically I have $1800 sitting in my account now. :(

If it's an election, you can up that to 1700 by buying NO on one side (or more) and YES on the other.

Crocodile

A) Heard about Clinton's recent gaffe. Fucking dumb. Good thing her record on this topic/subject is pretty exemplary. Still dumb though.

B) This Trump rally stuff scares :(

Trump ethered

CdT2RHaUMAA5Bu7.jpg:large

I wish I could vote for Obama for a 3rd term :(

Also doesn't help that you have a massive wealth imbalance (gilded age level); the economic recovery has left a large chunk of the country behind (many of the Sanders / Trump followers), and that the two sides have gone from policy disagreements to "you're bad human beings / racists / sexists / godless / etc".

Nope, can't see how both sides haven't been fanning the hell out of those flames for the last 8 years, and can't see how this tinderbox won't explode, especially with massive denial people are in about Trump. :(

As much as you might be, rightfully or not, frustrated at "political correctness", let's not pretend "they're both the same" :/

Taking an Uber to the bar and heard the radio talking about some Alabama Senator that wants to forces sex offenders to get surgically castrated before they can be released? Because fuck the Constitution right?

I was amazed the hosts were talking about how they were fine with it. Apparently when ISIS does this kinda shit to us it's in humans but if we do it to ourselves its justice...

GnawtyDog

Banned
Dog-whistle – Teh blacks are all on welfare

Black Lives matter protester: "Black Lives matter"

Trump and the GOP - "The police don't get the respect and recognition they deserve. They're treated horrible. They're the best......"

"Thunderous applause"

Dog whistles everywhere. It's not just Trump. The GOP cashed on this the last midterm too.

"People are protesting because they are unemployed":

09Mtaqg.jpg

Why didn't it happen like this in 2012?
I'm going to keep using this image every time people talk about the terrible economy, sorry guys. I have an excellent one for the rising income inequality too when people deny it, tho!

It's funny that you say that. It seems like the same people who say the economy is terrible and Obama should be impeached over it are the same people who deny income inequality getting disgustingly out of hand. Like, how do you live with that kind of dissonance?

Black Lives matter protester: "Black Lives matter"

Trump and the GOP - The police don't get the respect and recognition they deserve. They're treated horrible. They're the best......

"Thunderous applause"

Dog whistles everywhere. It's not just Trump.

I wasn't trying to claim as much. But the poster seemed surprised by the claim. I translated it for them.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Why did they ratify the 22nd anyway? wiki doesn't give a great history of it. General fear of a populist president maintaining office or in direct response to not liking FDR?

We all sort of forget because of all the good he's done, but FDR had a lot of power grabs during his time in office. He was never in danger of becoming a dictator, mostly because despite everything he was probably a good dude, but no one wanted to take that risk in the future. Can you imagine the damage Ronald Reagan could have done if he could have kept running and winning? That's why.

Wonder if he could walk into a third term like Bill couldve

Obama could 110% win again if he wanted. His numbers are going up, I think in large part, due to everyone seeing his potential replacements--from Hillary and Bernie to Trump and Cruz--and realizing how good we've had it with Bams.

He easily would win a third term, but I am glad there's a 2 term limit even though I like Obama. It's not worth the risk for future elections.
I can't help but think Reagan would've won a third term and been even more mentally unfit during it. But otherwise, we get Clinton in 2k... man, what an alternate reality.

hawk2025

It's funny that you say that. It seems like the same people who say the economy is terrible and Obama should be impeached over it are the same people who deny income inequality getting disgustingly out of hand. Like, how do you live with that kind of dissonance?

It's really weird. Complete dissonance -- if there's no inequality and our unemployment rates and growth are healthy, what's the issue, then?

It's all they've got. Just throw out ideas and see which one the base falls for. Income Inequality has made it so even though the economy has recovered it still feels bad for most people. It allows them to talk about how bad the economy is doing when it's actually fine, the problem is where the wealth is accumulating.

We all sort of forget because of all the good he's done, but FDR had a lot of power grabs during his time in office. He was never in danger of becoming a dictator, mostly because despite everything he was probably a good dude, but no one wanted to take that risk in the future.
I will never forget the fucker for trying to pack the court. Talk about a blatant power grab.

But yeah, for amendment to be ratified it had to be a bipartisan affair. Still surprises me.

It's really weird. Complete dissonance -- if there's no inequality and our unemployment rates and growth are healthy, what's the issue, then?

Low taxes and reliable income mean companies and high earners aren't incentivized to invest their money into things like R&D or increasing wages. They just buy back stock to drive their value up at the end of the year.

Meowster

This older lady I work with was asking for my advice on the upcoming primary... she was torn between Hillary, Bernie and Cruz...

I told her to look into Hillary lol

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I will never forget the fucker for trying to pack the court. Talk about a blatant power grab.

But yeah, for amendment to be ratified it had to be a bipartisan affair. Still surprises me.

The thought of an evil FDR-type coming into power probably scared the shit out of all of them, especially after getting done with WWII and fascism all over Europe. If you look at where they were when it passed, it makes perfect sense that everyone would be for it.

Kusagari

I wasn't trying to claim as much. But the poster seemed surprised by the claim. I translated it for them.

Oh, I knew the dog whistle in what Trump said.

The apparently was only there because of just how stupid it sounds to say all the thousands of people protesting you don't have jobs.

pa22word

I can't help but think Reagan would've won a third term and been even more mentally unfit during it. But otherwise, we get Clinton in 2k... man, what an alternate reality.

Eisenhower would have been president until the day he died though, and people would have been doing write-ins after he died to keep electing him.

Meaning no great society reforms, including desegregation, democratic party is still hodgepodge of 1940s, probably no vietnam war, etc.

The term limit as it is works to keep the most important post in the country fresh and ever changing, which is a good thing. Sure it means occasionally we get a nixon or bush 43, but that serves to swing the country in other directions later. Honestly I hope we get term limits on the senate set at 4 terms max and the house at 10 consecutive terms to keep fresh blood rolling through congress, but eh...

Kyosaiga

Banned
Ugh. Every time Trump speaks he sounds like that ONE guy in your college class who forgot he had a presentation to do and didn't take notes all semester so he says all of the bullshit he can remember from the lectures that he did go to

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Eisenhower would have been president until the day he died though, and people would have been doing write-ins after he died to keep electing him.

Meaning no great society reforms, including desegregation, democratic party is still hodgepodge of 1940s, probably no vietnam war, etc.

The term limit as it is works to keep the most important post in the country fresh and ever changing, which is a good thing. Sure it means occasionally we get a nixon or bush 43, but that serves to swing the country in other directions later. Honestly I hope we get term limits on the senate set at 4 terms max and the house at 10 consecutive terms to keep fresh blood rolling through congress, but eh...

I feel like Congress is a little different given how long it can take things to happen there. If you add in term limits there I feel like you're just empowering lobbyists, these guys need time to gather knowledge and if you take away the elder statesmen as teachers you're left with lobbyists filling that role.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom