• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT3| You know what they say about big Michigans - big Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clefargle

I actually feel a tiny bit of sympathy for him although they mostly brought this on themselves.

Also it takes a lot of contorting of Hilary's statement to think it means anything other than we can solve this issue with peaceful tactics. She's not saying everyone is the same.

I love seeing the despair fueled republican salt flow too much to empathize with the poor fool. I hope this wrecks his shot in politics in the future. The establishment thought this would be their Obama moment where a minority senator gets a groundswell of support as the "first X president", I look forward to the first Latino pres but I'm glad it's not gonna be Rubio. I hope this goes to a brokered convention and they straight up try to steal the party from trump. Hoping for a party split might be too fanciful, but goddamn it would be so great to watch them crumble. I want to see them hit rock bottom and go through another 8 years of dem leadership. I'm hoping that it would disenfranchise half their nutty base and possible break up the two party system. But again, that seems fanciful.

I really have no idea where you're getting this. She condemns violence and encourages cooperation. Her only statement trending towards "civility fetishism" was wholly directed at Trump's rhetoric.

You don't see how the Charleston example puts the onus on Trump protestors to "come together" and "melt hearts" instead of getting angry about this?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I love seeing the despair fueled republican salt flow too much to empathize with the poor fool. I hope this wrecks his shot in politics in the future. The establishment thought this would be their Obama moment where a minority senator gets a groundswell of support as the "first X president", I look forward to the first Latino pres but I'm glad it's not gonna be Rubio. I hope this goes to a brokered convention and they straight up try to steal the party from trump. Hoping for a party split might be too fanciful, but goddamn it would be so great to watch them crumble. I want to see them hit rock bottom and go through another 8 years of dem leadership. I'm hoping that it would disenfranchise half their nutty base and possible break up the two party system. But again, that seems fanciful.

It would take a fundamental restructuring of our entire electoral process to break up the two-party system. We might have a third-party while the GOP undergoes realignment, ala the Bull Moose Party, but that's about it.

samn

What she's staying is yelling at things is not a strategy. Blaming others is not a solution. Anger is not the end goal, nor is it the beginning of the solution. Divisiveness will not solve our problems, nor will violence.

She sounds like an All Lives Matter republican.

shem935

Banned
So you support censorship of opinions?

Not saying one way or another on the trump question but yes this is a moderated forum. Read the opening statement on the home page. Civil factual discourse aided by careful moderation. When an opinion carries with it the hatred, disrespect, racism and now evolving threat of violence yes that is when moderation steps in.

GnawtyDog

Banned
Not saying one way or another on the trump question but yes this is a moderated forum. Read the opening statement on the home page. Civil factual discourse aided by careful moderation. When an opinion carries with it the hatred, disrespect, racism and now evolving threat of violence yes that is when moderation steps in.

Ehhhh.... discretion should be used like it has been done so far.

Don't want to mistake political strategy talk for actual support.

Ex: I want to see Trump succeed in his path to the nomination so that the GOP can sink to depths not known to man. There are various legit reasons for such.

Kyosaiga

Banned
So Nina turner just claimed that African American voters are brand loyal and that's why sanders is losing.

Yup. Fuck that bitch

XenodudeX

She sounds like an All Lives Matter republican.
What a load of fucking horse shit. If Obama said this ( and he basically would of said the same thing), he wouldn't be getting this type of response.

Can't stand this fucking bullshit double standard. Some of these people on the left is just as insufferable as the conservatives with their purity tests.

Iolo

What a load of fucking horse shit. If Obama said this ( and he basically would of said the same thing), he wouldn't be getting this type of response.

Can't stand this fucking bullshit double standard.

If Bernie Sanders had said this then he wouldn't be getting this type of response either.

But afaik he hasn't even said anything at all yet

Ekai

Can't stand this fucking bullshit double standard. Some of these people on the left is just as insufferable as the conservatives with their purity tests.

I could say the same regarding how much defense Hillary's words on Nancy Reagan and AIDS got the other night. Or how much I've seen Hillary Bros gang up on Bernie for any number of ridiculous things. It's not a double-standard. It's holding her accountable for comparing protest to what Drumpf does. I know she's trying to not alienate moderate voters but this wasn't the best way to go about it. It's not nearly as bad a "gaffe" like the AIDS mess was (and it's generous to call that a gaffe) but it is an odd comparison to make. Her general message is fine, the way it's argued less so.

XenodudeX

I could say the same regarding how much defense Hillary's words on Nancy Reagan and AIDS got the other night. Or how much I've seen Hillary Bros gang up on Bernie for any number of ridiculous things. It's not a double-standard. It's holding her accountable for comparing protest to what Drumpf does. I know she's trying to not alienate moderate voters but this wasn't the best way to go about it.

You're whining because you want to see blood and Hillary won't give it to you. You're not holding shit accountable.

Holmes

There seems to be a lack of critical thinking (or just thinking in general) when people who equate someone that says "violence is not the answer" to an "all lives matter republican".

https://electionsmith.wordpress.com/2016/03/

Less than 5% of registered Democrats under 30 have voted in Florida. 25% of Democrats over 60 have. Florida might be really gross for Bernie.
Yup. Even if he pulls out bare wins in Missouri and Ohio it won't counteract the shellacking he's about to get.

Even then I don't really think he'll even have those token victories. Yes the polls blew it in Michigan but I won't start disregarding them entirely. Still Hillary's camp should brace themselves for losses in those states.

Really I just hope she wins all five because the "Hillary can only win red states!" meme is so fucking annoying and dumb. I mean it's wrong at this point too, but it'd be nice to see a decisive win here.

There seems to be a lack of critical thinking (or just thinking in general) when people who equate someone that says "violence is not the answer" to an "all lives matter republican".

I think it's a sort of a reaction to other, similar (at least in concept) rhetoric being used to brush away any criticism at all.

Of course somewhere along the line more than a few people have gotten it in their heads that rioting, acts of violence etc. are a good and necessary part of the process of social change which is just fucked.

TheFatOne

Man I really hope Trump is annihilated in the general. Gross he's even made it this far. Hope that this fucks over Republicans for decades to come as well. Just bananas they allowed this idiot to go this far, but not surprising given the GOP and the base they always try to incite.
That protest is gonna backfire so hard
Yes and no. Immidiately it helps Trump, but this just further bury's him in the general. Also, this was so obviously a calculated ploy by Trump. Just gross.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
That protest is gonna backfire so hard

Totally. I felt that way last night. You are just making angry white people even angrier. I honestly don't know how you handle this movement Trump has created.

Note I'm not justifying their behavior. Just trying to explain it.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
I think it's a sort of a reaction to other, similar (at least in concept) rhetoric being used to brush away any criticism at all.

Of course somewhere along the line more than a few people have gotten it in their heads that rioting, acts of violence etc. are a good and necessary part of the process of social change which is just fucked.

When hasnt violence been a part of social change?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom