• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT3| You know what they say about big Michigans - big Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

ICKE

Banned
CdXOPnSXEAEb0z7.jpg

I don't think anyone is excusing violence and excessive intimidation towards police officers or just normal people going into a Trump rally. So in that sense, I don't disagree with him but of course Cruz had to mention BLM and Sanders to score some political points. It is what it is, it would be political suicide not to criticize the result when you are campaigning in the republican primary.

What happened last night virtually guarantees Trump is the nominee. If Hillary wins for the Democrats the anger and level of public protest is going to be off the charts. As a #nevertrump republican I am scared to death that scenes like what just happened in Dayton will fuel his fire and strengthen his campaign.

tmarg

VP on the Dem ticket. Went from 1-2c to 3. Just need a microbump to make money when you bet on no-hopers.

I don't know a whole bunch about these gambling sites, but I imagine it would be tough to find enough buyers to cash out any significant amount of money on a bet like that. If you tried, you'd probably just end up tanking the price again.

Makai

I don't know a whole bunch about these gambling sites, but I imagine it would be tough to find enough buyers to cash out any significant amount of money on a bet like that. If you tried, you'd probably just end up tanking the price again.
I cashed out. If the price tanks after I sell, it's not my problem.

Iolo

What happened last night virtually guarantees Trump is the nominee. If Hillary wins for the Democrats the anger and level of public protest is going to be off the charts. As a #nevertrump republican I am scared to death that scenes like what just happened in Dayton will fuel his fire and strengthen his campaign.

Are you saying we should nominate Bernie so the anger and rhetoric cools off?

ivysaur12

Banned
lol he is so winning in November. People just dont get it, thats exactly the opposite way to stop him and his supporters.

"he is so winning November" even though he constantly has the worst favorables of any modern candidate on a major party's presidential ticket?

tmarg

lol he is so winning in November. People just dont get it, thats exactly the opposite way to stop him and his supporters.

He can't win. Not enough pissed off white guys. The only reason why this works in the primary is because the people he's attacking don't vote republican in the first place.

pigeon

Banned
I was kind of expecting more violence among Trump supporters.

I'm not sure what happens in an election season marked with violence AGAINST Trump supporters.

Probably fine.

There is no chance Trump wins in November. He is the easiest layup the democrats could be handed. I just hope he pulls through and wins Ohio and Florida on Tuesday.

I hope Bernie comes out and says something strong about this whole thing. He's got a platform and a lot of passionate voters he needs to use it.

Yup. Even if he pulls out bare wins in Missouri and Ohio it won't counteract the shellacking he's about to get.

Even then I don't really think he'll even have those token victories. Yes the polls blew it in Michigan but I won't start disregarding them entirely. Still Hillary's camp should brace themselves for losses in those states.

Really I just hope she wins all five because the "Hillary can only win red states!" meme is so fucking annoying and dumb. I mean it's wrong at this point too, but it'd be nice to see a decisive win here.

Mass is Red? Iowa? VA?

I hope Bernie comes out and says something strong about this whole thing. He's got a platform and a lot of passionate voters he needs to use it.
It's a tricky situation because of course you want to own this kind of thing but at the same time, if it turns violent, you have to shoulder some blame too.

Iolo

@DannyEFreeman said:
"Our supporters are responding to a candidate who has... in many ways encouraged violence,"- @BernieSanders of last night's Trump rally.

Not too much here yet. I think this is at a meeting with Jesse Jackson

Do you actually think he can win, poor favorables with minorities and women, pandering to white supremacists and authoritarians, and all, or do you just want him to win so you can gloat and give "I told you sos" to Clinton supporters for a few hours in November?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I don't see how you could think he could win. He has like self-identifying racists at his rallies punching people and he wants to do worse than waterboarding. He is the least liked political figure in history. Things would have to go really badly.

Makai

I don't see how you could think he could win. He has like self-identifying racists at his rallies punching people and he wants to do worse than waterboarding. He is the least liked political figure in history. Things would have to go really badly.
cia-poll-promo.jpg

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Why do I always have to work, or be busy when something interesting happens. Debates? Work. Trump Rally's? Work! Primaries?!?! Work!!!!

I apologize, I shouldn't have made those insinuations. But I just can't comprehend how someone can conclude a Trump win in November, with what we know now, without having something to gain from that conclusion in November.

Terrorist attack or financial collapse or something on that level could be enough, plus things could change if the 0.1% case that hillary gets indicted (doubt it will happen but some combination of all of these things).

It'll be interesting to see how this affects general election polls going forward. Trump's numbers were already falling off a cliff.

p2nqSWp.jpg

That's a 10 point spread on average at the latest.

Makai

I apologize, I shouldn't have made those insinuations. But I just can't comprehend how someone can conclude a Drumpf win in November, with what we know now, without having something to gain from that conclusion in November.
Politics are volatile. That's really all the explanation needed.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
They don't count because reasons.

Hillary's win in American Samoa and Northern Marianas negated Bernie's delegate gains in Michigan.

Today I learned about a place called "American Samoa."

Bowdz

Politics are volatile. That's really all the explanation needed.

While I think Trump is going to be a very weak GE candidate, I agree with this wholeheartedly. This has been a pretty extreme and volatile election thus far and I'm sure it'll continue into the general.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom