• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT8| No, Donald. You don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
he was like.. SO CAN I ANNOUNCE YOU ARE GOING TO BE HILLARY'S VP NOW OR WHAT?

And then, on the door, it said.. Elizabeth Warren, VIP

and he took off the I

FOSDJFLSKDJALKDFJAL I"m SO MAD
Haha holy shit if he's not just fucking around that'd be the best bait and switch ever.

Not gonna expect it tho, guess we'll know for sure soon enough

Wilsongt

r/s4p thinking about bringing vuvuzelas to the convention

Lol

I know the DNC is going to be as stale as old bread, but goddamn at least my brain won't atrophy listening to the speeches.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Why would Colbert know shit about this LOL

You have a point, it would had to have been Warren letting him know. I don't see that happening.

After the incredibly depressing and angry Trump speech, I don't know if anything changed enough to have them select Warren.

CNN instant poll of speech watchers saw the speech as more positive (forgot the percentage but positive and somewhat positive combined was the clear majority), and 73% says that Trump is taking the country in the right direction (was 60% pre-speech). 56% says they are more likely to vote for him too. No party breakdowns yet.

Diablos time?

Diablos

CNN instant poll of speech watchers saw the speech as more positive (forgot the percentage but positive and somewhat positive combined was the clear majority), and 73% says that Trump is taking the country in the right direction. 56% says they are more likely to vote for him too. No party breakdowns yet.
They said it was mostly Republicans.

Bowdz

CNN instant poll of speech watchers saw the speech as more positive (forgot the percentage but positive and somewhat positive combined was the clear majority), and 73% says that Trump is taking the country in the right direction (was 60% pre-speech). 56% says they are more likely to vote for him too. No party breakdowns yet.

Diablos time?

Wait until after the Dem convention before you start freaking out.

HylianTom

Banned

Diablos time?

If it was 60% pre-speech, that points to their sample having a pre-existing pro-Trump lean. I'm not the least bit worried.

Owzers

Diablos time?
I'm already there.

Wilsongt

Diablos time?

http%3A%2F%2Fmashable.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2013%2F06%2FHarry-Potter1.gif

Should be amended to "Can we Diablos now?"

Diablos time?

60% pre-speech tells you all you need to know about that

Diablos time?
startdiablosing%20trump_zpsy95avorq.gif

There's no reason to panic over those numbers. That was among a GOP Audience. If your pre-speech group is 60% saying Trump will move us in the right direction, and your post result is 73%....I mean...that's not going to be among a random sample.

Also, consider, that the sample had to be pre-screened, I would think. (They had to identify the people yesterday, right?) So, ya, Republicans are going to watch this, so the sample is always going to skew towards the GOP.

Vahagn

I'm really proud of myself. I did not watch a single speech in its entirety (or even live) during all 4 days.

Although I should have watched Ivanka's. She's clearly the golden child and awesome/talented in addition to hot but I'm not supporting the family of a neo-Nazi that doesn't repudiate him.

As a person I like to make fun of stuff at all possible places. This convention has been a collection of golden low hanging fruit to poke fun of and take in the absolute absurdity of the stuff that happened. Watching this speech by Trump, I really cannot find any humor in what he was saying. My parents served, I spent most of my childhood moving from place to place mixing with other military kids and being around the service as whole. Hearing Trump first off talking about making the world being made to respect us is terrifying to me and it flies against everything I learned about the service and the people I met in service. Even though we have made mistakes in our foreign policy and have not always made the best call on who or how we support it should never be on the basis of forcing countries or governments to "respect" America. That is something reserved for despots like Saddam or Qaddafi, Pol Pot etc etc. He vile view wants there to be a test of loyalty to decide whether we would honor our treaties and help our allies is not the America I know or the one I've grown up in.

I'm half brown and half black with a Muslim name.The way Trump was speaking to the supremacist physche making every single person who does not sound or look American to be a threat for just being in the county is damn scary to me. He was saying that there are too many immigrants in the county taking jobs make me afraid to go out to rural areas or to be near house with a Trump sign or sticker. I've seen what my friends have had to go though growing up gay or trans, I know how painful it was for them to have to deal with the kind of hatred that supports Trump and to see that man say he would defend the LGBTQ community is one of the most vile things I've seen uttered. He is not only praying on the fear of others he is the literal embodiment of their hate saying garbage and surrounding himself with it. We can't let this man in the White House and this election cannot be close. It is one thing to beat him but for the sake of the country it needs to be complete and decisive that another of his ilk cannot be this close to power.

I normally only do smaller amounts, but I maxed out my contribution tonight after that speech putting my money behind Hillary. Fuck Trump and anyone who willingly supports him.

Been loving the CNN panels lately. They are actually getting on each other's nerves. It probably doesn't help that Trump supporters are braindead assholes.

Teggy

Jennifer Epstein
Jennifer Epstein‏ @jeneps

Elizabeth Warren's take on Trump's speech: "He sounded like some two-bit dictator of some country you can't find on a map"
Jul 22, 2016, 12:54 AM

Get him, Liz.

TheFatOne

I can understand why my brother hates Chris Mathews. He keeps pretending like he doesn't know what dystopian means, and the concept eludes him.

I actually cannot watch CNN. The fact that they hired Lewandowski immediately after leaving the Trump campaign is total journalistic malfeasance. Also, Jeffery Lord can fuck off.

I actually cannot watch CNN. The fact that they hired Lewandowski immediately after leaving the Trump campaign is total journalistic malfeasance. Also, Jeffery Lord can fuck off.

Somehow Lewandowski is actually easier to listen to than Lord. They are both horrible though and its amazing CNN had to sink so low to fill their political panels. It was worth it tonight to see Navarro go in on Trump, Lord, and Lewandowski. Hearing a longtime republican be so passionate about how disgusted she is with the GOP assuages my fears.

Vahagn

I can understand why my brother hates Chris Mathews. He keeps pretending like he doesn't know what dystopian means, and the concept eludes him.

He's brilliant, but he should have been fired 10 years ago. He interrupts everyone, does his show like he's got ADHD on turbo, calls everyone wonderful and amazing, asks people questions then interrupts them and asks another one.

Watch his interview with the weekend update folks last night. Fucking weird and creepy

Diablos

This was a surreal, sad and terrifying night for the US. If this man wins, we are heading into dark and gloomy uncharted territory politically, socially and economically speaking. Please do not fuck this up Democrats.

TheFatOne

He's brilliant, but he should have been fired 10 years ago. He interrupts everyone, does his show like he's got ADHD on turbo, calls everyone wonderful and amazing, asks people questions then interrupts them and asks another one.

Watch his interview with the weekend update folks last night. Fucking weird and creepy

Don't need to watch it since I saw that shit live. Was so cringe worthy I decided to watch the train wreck that was CNN. I'm a man that can watch TYT with a straight face, but couldn't make it past that segment. Don't watch him a ton, but can start to see why my brother really hates him.

Edit: Also started laughing when the two republican people were using the CNN quick poll as gospel. Then, I felt sad as I realized how little math/science background people generally have. That "poll" is utterly worthless self selected bullshit.

Amanda Carpenter just made a really good point on CNN, the eldest Trump kids need to no longer be given softball nominee "kid" interviews. They are all basically campaign staffers, and Ivanka was proposing policy tonight that Donald Trump has never even talked about

royalan

Don't need to watch it since I saw that shit live. Was so cringe worthy I decided to watch the train wreck that was CNN. I'm a man that can watch TYT with a straight face, but couldn't make it past that segment. Don't watch him a ton, but can start to see why my brother really hates him.

Edit: Also started laughing when the two republican people were using the CNN quick poll as gospel. Then, I felt sad as I realized how little math/science background people generally have. That "poll" is utterly worthless self selected bullshit.

I have to admit that I don't like Chris Matthews' general commentary style in general.

HOWEVER, it's that same manic mile-a-minute-style that makes his townhall moderation and interviews so damn good. You can NOT stick the the script when he's grilling you because he will trip you up every few seconds. This is the man that got Trump to say, "woman who get abortions deserve some sort punishment" and Jeff Weaver stuttering and lying over Bernie releasing his tax returns.

TheFatOne

I'm done watching CNN/MSNBC tonight. Just heard this idiot on CNN say that he considers crack selling a violent crime. Just no arguing with stupid like that.

Btw, don't be so convinced that Kaine is the pick based on those reports.

0706041post1.jpg

Not that he isn't the most likely, but the media has fucked this up before. We won't know for sure until the campaign announces.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom