• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT8| No, Donald. You don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Donald J. TrumpVerified account
‏@realDonaldTrump
I will bring jobs back and get wages up. People haven't had a real wage increase in almost twenty years. Clinton killed jobs!

AHAHA good luck with that.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I mean, it's kind of just a trust factor. Kaine is solidly liberal based on his Senate record, but he was significantly more centrist as a governor.

It's like if a libertarian was moderate on abortion the further away he was from the presidency, but got more extreme on abortion the further into federal government he got. It's kind of "what do they truly believe" issue.

But if NARAL and Planned Parenthood think he'll stay pro-abortion now... I'll be okay with him.

I think being in the legislative and executive branches is just different. When you have an uncompromising blow hard in the executive you get Sam brownback
Also why is no one complaining that trump says Bill Clinton signed nafta and therefore Hillary

I mean, it's kind of just a trust factor. Kaine is solidly liberal based on his Senate record, but he was significantly more centrist as a governor.

It's like if a libertarian was moderate on abortion the further away he was from the presidency, but got more extreme on abortion the further into federal government he got. It's kind of "what do they truly believe" issue.

But if NARAL and Planned Parenthood think he'll stay pro-abortion now... I'll be okay with him.

Some people won't like this, but he's considered more centrist as a governor because he actually wanted to get shit done.

How silly is it some people (greenwald) are pushing the they're attacking Sanders cause he's a Jew.

Yeah DWS hates Jews and wants to spread anti-Semitic stuff! (which is also the opposite of the email which said it was the atheist stuff that was an issue)

Some people won't like this, but he's considered more centrist as a governor because he actually wanted to get shit done.

You don't need to write in your campaign platform for governor that you support needing parental consent and anti-abortion pep talks before you can get an abortion to get stuff done though. Campaigning on something doesn't seem to get other legislation passed.

Effect

I think Hillary's done the right thing. They're pushing back on the progressive thing. But, also, they've realized the far, far left has been catered to enough during this primary season. They got what they wanted in the platform. If it's nto enough, sorry not sorry.

I don't think they can or should give into purity test either. That goes against the diversity of the party itself. No one is going to agree 100% on things. To do that is how you walk down the path of the republicans and allow for groups like the tea party to arise.

AHAHA good luck with that.
I wonder if he remembers who was president "almost twenty years" ago?

So the last time Americans got a real raise was under a Clinton presidency?

giphy.gif

They wanted Warren. Anyone except for her or Sanders was going to get pissed on.

No, the people who aren't voting for Hillary now threw Warren under the bus when she endorsed. They'd say she sold out if she were VP. The same for Bernie. They're just anti-Hillary. If you come in contact with her, you're tainted. And even if they were initially thrilled with a VP pick for either of them, eventually Warren or Sanders would say something that crushed or disillusioned them. Eventually Sanders would have said something disappointing even if he won the nomination. It's impossible to avoid. Someone on my FB called Bernie a sell-out yesterday.

There are certainly Sanders supporters who really wanted Warren for her progressive bona fides--but they're not changing their vote because of Kaine.

It's infuriating. They're the tea party of the left.

Might be wrong of me, but I feel like DWS should just fall on the sword and step down. She's out soon anyway.

This came out at the worst possible time. It just felt like people were starting to get on the same page, even the worst of hold outs. Now it's like we set back the clock a few months.

Armaros

Might be wrong of me, but I feel like DWS should just fall on the sword and step down. She's out soon anyway.

This came out at the worst possible time. It just felt like people were starting to get on the same page, even the worst of hold outs. Now it's like we set back the clock a few months.

The Covention hasnt even begun. You think this will still be talked about after Obama and co speak at the DNC?

🤔 It's almost like it's not a coincidence.

I really can't believe how many people become useful idiots for others causes.

DSW shouldn't resign. Bernie Sanders hold out are not how we win the race. Latinos, Suburban Moms and African Americans are.

We really need to stop pretending that these peoples votes move elections. Most of Bernie's votes were not these type of people and are perfectly fine with Clinton and Kaine.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I don't think it's so much that people that had come together will be torn apart... I think it's more that people who were quiet will be loud again for a while.

And it's disgusting to me that Vladimir Putin can sway the American left, but whatever.

They're supposedly leaking more e-mails all week long.
The DNC knows what emails are out and they'd be able to release it first to put this out over the weekend. They've known since Aprilwhen/May they found out they were hacked.

People really need to remember other news stories. Instead of pretending every story is a radical change of history.

I don't think it's so much that people that had come together will be torn apart... I think it's more that people who were quiet will be loud again for a while.

And it's disgusting to me that Vladimir Putin can sway the American left, but whatever.

Unfortunately, I think some of those people will be loud during the convention

This is literally what he's been doing for the past 10 years in Europe! It's his MO and people are to stupid to see it.

While I don't think its defensible to question someone's religion (even though they never did), but the Bernie people are kidding themselves if that wouldn't have been a big issue in the general election,

�� It's almost like it's not a coincidence.

DSW shouldn't resign. Bernie Sanders hold out are not how we win the race. Latinos, Suburban Moms and African Americans are.

We really need to stop pretending that these peoples votes move elections. Most of Bernie's votes were not these type of people and are perfectly fine with Clinton and Kaine.

I'm less concerned about their votes and more concerned about image. After the chaos on the other side, the historic dissent against Trump (most delegates voted against at a convention)..

Hillary picking Kaine, she's going for stability. She wants the party to be the side that's in control, and that Trump is the chaos candidate. That gets harder if there is a lot of infighting and accusations of corruption and collusion.

I don't expect anyone to step down or anything, but I am a little worried. I am even sort of worried about what Bernie will say about this. I don't imagine he is taking this well, and we need him.

🤔 It's almost like it's not a coincidence.

It occurred to me this morning that someone should be calling Trump "Putin's useful idiot".

Unfortunately, I think some of those people will be loud during the convention
They'll be overshadowed every night. If Sanders doesnt pick this up (again the DNC has know about this and I think it's likely he knew a lot of this stuff and is part of the reason he and clinton worked some stuff out in June and July) and endorses clinton forcefully they have nobody (like Cruz) to give voice.

They're might be some stuff during the days but it won't be on prime time.

Bernie might get a scalp behind the scenes but I don't think he wants a floor fight, he's smarter than this and I dont think we've seen anything that would suggest he lets personal disagreements go public.

Obama and Hilary did much worse shit to each other. If there is any problem with Bernie I'm sure the DNC has reached out to apologize and placate him.

Edit: Nina Turner was making some decent points...

Obama and Hilary did much worse shit to each other. If there is any problem with Bernie I'm sure the DNC has reached out to apologize and placate him.

Edit: Nina Turner was making some decent points...
What is Turner saying?

And yeah. The DNC has know about these leaks, remember he's not Trump and the DNC is competent. (That's the biggest thing the emails show, a Trump would be defeated in our party!)

What is Turner saying?

And yeah. The DNC has know about these leaks, remember he's not Trump and the DNC is competent. (That's the biggest thing the emails show, a Trump would be defeated in our party!)

That superdelegates is one of the big ways the congressional black caucus get a vote and removing them would push them even further into the background

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom