• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT8| No, Donald. You don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope obama is put on the supreme court. I would love to see the GOP shit themselves.

He is coming out of the Pres after 8 years, no major scandals and amazing favorabilites. He will do more good for this county as a dem activist than as a judge. I hope he follows like Carter in being a statesman for his post political life.

Michelle would not allow it I am sure.

Just remember the trade off. Bomb ass legal opinions from B Rock or more of these dank speeches from a politically active supervisor for decades to come.

He is coming out of the Pres after 8 years, no major scandals and amazing favorabilites. He will do more good for this county as a dem activist than as a judge. I hope he follows like Carter in being a statesman for his post political life.

Even if it was just for 1 day.............

On what planet does that House Republican live on that makes him think Trump is capable of a speech like that? Or does he mean from George W Bush? Cause he wasn't available for some strange reason.
They live in alternate reality where ANYONE can read a good speech from teleprompter. Thats why they go crazy whenever someone praises Obama's public speak.

On what planet does that House Republican live on that makes him think Trump is capable of a speech like that? Or does he mean from George W Bush? Cause he wasn't available for some strange reason.

They literally can't it would run counter to their efforts of the past 8 years. Where they are is their own doing and they have no way out.

Effect

I think he means republicans in general should be talking like that but they clearly aren't and never will with someone like Trump around and how they've been acting during Obama's presidency.

Zona

In a completely unexpected twist most of the new (suggested) replies on Reddits r/Politics convention megathread is basically Nice Guy Tim Kaine.

Tim Kaine never unbuckles his seat belt on the plane, before the sign goes off.
Tim Kaine mows his neighbors lawns as a surprise every week.
Tim Kaine puts an extra slice of cheese on his kids' sandwiches because they like it better that way.
Etc.

Paskil

So at the close of day three, we have:

More speakers named America: DNC 1 - RNC 0
Out-Reaganing the party of Reagan: DNC 1 - RNC 0
Building a dream no wall can contain: DNC 1 - RNC 0
Superior alphabetical chronology: DNC 1 - RNC 0
More diversity in first 15 minutes of day one than in comparable four days: DNC 1 - RNC 0
More malarky drops: DNC 1 - RNC 0
More Obama's: DNC 2 - RNC 0 (and they coulda gotten Malik!!)
More unity: DNC 2 (Bern, O'Malley) - RNC -1 (Cruz)

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Hannity is arguing that you can't hack into e-mails deleted by Hillary so Trump's comments don't matter. Backed up by Newt.

Old man doesn't understand technology, lol.

no discussion of the speech of course. Hilarious. Election night Hannity is going to fuel me for a decade.

I thought the deleted emails were recovered anyway?

kess

I can see what Erickson saw. This speech is not going to change the dyed in the wool voters or burn anyone's barns down. His strength lies in not being didactic or appearing petty. He has had ample reason to make this speech about division in government. No one else would have been more justified to bemoan the obstructionism that threatens to wound his legacy, but his optimism could not be killed, and his will was not broken. That's a pretty powerful message, and a subtle reminder how much better things could be. Who would deny the message? Like the man said, don't boo, vote.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
I really hope obama is put on the supreme court. I would love to see the GOP shit themselves.
Eh, he can do so much more good off the bench. He is literally too good to be boxed in there. There are plenty of smart liberal jurists, who can do just as well as he could (or better) on the bench, very few people can do what he does off of it.

The irony is that now the Dems are the national security and the party that is tougher on foreign policy all the while being more nationalistic. All of that while being progressive.

dont_boo_vote.jpg

Muzy72

Banned
Got enough stars on the Hillary app for a signed souvenir right at midnight CST but the reward was already sold out FML.

I was looking forward to having enough stars for that all week! 😭

Paskil

Hillary Clinton’s husband wore a fetching pantsuit to honor her nomination for US president
http://qz.com/743526/hillary-clinto...uit-to-honor-her-nomination-for-us-president/

We’ve yet to read an interview with the person who styled Bill’s silver locks for last night’s DNC appearance, or even see a brief in Women’s Wear Daily or GQ crediting the designers who dressed him for the occasion. Did he buy his suit online, like Melania Trump’s Net-a-Porter-purchased Roksanda last week? Did he go to a store? Work directly with a designer? We just don’t know, which means it’s going to be really difficult for this particular navy suit to sell out, as so many of the dresses worn by Michelle Obama have over the past eight years. Was it Hickey Freeman? Hart Schaffner Marx? Again, we just don’t know.

Here’s what we do know: Clinton’s suit was navy blue, and he wore a tonal cobalt tie in a shade similar to the Christian Siriano dress Michelle Obama wore the night before. (Some noted then that the dress matched the stage’s background. Clinton’s tie did too!) The suit had two buttons, a notch lapel, and full-cut trousers that broke substantially over his shiny black dress shoes. One might have even called it a “pantsuit.”

As a fashion moment, it might have been a little underwhelming, but as a historical one, it was not. Clinton’s look stated clearly: I’m with her.

Lol, this guy on CNN tried to defend what's-her-name and when he brought up battleground states he kept correcting himself by going "well actually that state's gonna be blue".

Vestal

They live in alternate reality where ANYONE can read a good speech from teleprompter. Thats why they go crazy whenever someone praises Obama's public speak.

I think its more of the overall message. A message of hope, a message of a bright future. Not the message of hate, and doom gloom they pushed on the American public last week.

Emarv

Kayleigh McEnany is worse than Jeffrey Lord.

Correct. Lord is slime, that curly haired dude is a goober and Scotty (new blonde lady) sucks. But Kayleigh is the most devout and blinded. Even Lord has some historical perspective or can concede a weird point. Kayleigh will take every issue to the grave.

sphagnum

Banned
Little Green Footballs used to be a popular conservative site. It can happen.

Charles Johnson started off as a Democrat though and went crazy for a few years because of 9/11. Erickson's always been conservative. I don't think he's going to turn blue, he's just mad that Trump has hijacked his party.

This is what happens when one party decides to self immolate.

I don't think an interventionist like Rubio can win a GOP primary season anymore. A Hillary Clinton presidency probably is the last step in peeling off the neocons and other like interventionists, and the GOP isn't exactly in a position to replace them with the isolationists on the progressive side because of their stances on social issues.

Really, the Democratic big tent shouldn't be able to hold together, but if the GOP continues to be a barely-functional party, it might last far longer than it otherwise would if the GOP were healthy.

I don't think Erickson is praising Obama exactly, just the themes of the speech. Note how he uses the present tense when talking about Obama dividing America. This is more about him being Never Trump than any ideological shift.

Correct. Lord is slime, that curly haired dude is a goober and Scotty (new blonde lady) sucks. But Kayleigh is the most devout and blinded. Even Lord has some historical perspective or can concede a weird point. Kayleigh will take every issue to the grave.

She said as an example for being pro middle class, the RNC had Don Jr say he stood there as his workers put down concrete.

I...sigh.

I literally just saw her try to deflect the Trump sedition by claiming that Hillary committed treason through her email servers.

I take back what I said, Jeff Lord at least has a slight sense of self awareness, which GAF's Trump supporters clearly lack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom