• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT8| No, Donald. You don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obama did come within a few thousand votes of winning in 2008.

I think Clinton/Kaine will do a little better in MO than 2012 Obama.

It was close in 2000 and Obama lost it by the thinnest of margins in 2008. It's the Romney state most likely to flip other than North Carolina or Arizona.

Yeah, you guys are right. That should be enough to at least make the Trump campaign start sweating.

"She spent the evening talking down to the American people she’s looked down on her whole life."

AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Says Donald Trump from the gold throne in his luxury Manhattan penthouse.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
All I need are post-convention swing state polls.

gcubed

guys, the best thing to happen will be Mitt and Jeb saying they will vote for Johnson, it will become an epic destruction of Trump then

My favorite speakers at the DNC:

1) Hillary

She put everyone at ease, exuding kindness, confidence and strength. She put the exclamation point on an important message conveyed throughout the convention that the Democratic Party is a patriotic party, not traitors like Republicans have tried to 'pin' on us for so long. She made a strong case to progressives, Democrats, Republicans... all Americans.

2) Khizr Khan

The definition of sacrifice and love of country. If Trump could feel shame, this would do it.

3) Anastasia Somoza

Trump is a person of low character. Anastasia kindly pointed this out. We need to hold Trump accountable, and she bravely did that.

19.9 overnight rating for night 4 of the DNC and HRC's acceptance speech. -4% lower than the 20.8 for night 4 of the RNC.

Maybe it would have been a good idea to have one bigger name that night. Al Gore spoke before Obama on night 4 in '08 -- maybe having him or Kerry speak before Chelsea would've helped goose the ratings. I still don't understand Obama's ban on cabinet members speaking. Has any president ever done that before? It didn't stop Tom Perez from being there. It didn't stop Obama from speaking. It just makes no sense to me.

Well the Utah win is based on the idea that Hillary gets a plurality as a result of Johnson stealing votes from Trump.

The problem is that Hillary's ceiling in the state is probably in the low 30s and Johnson/Trump are unlikely to split the vote evenly. Trump only needs like 36% to win the state.

Just caught up with the Trump AMA story. Sad! But also legitimately scary, in that it's another example of how he'd deal with openness to the press etc.

AV Club has a good summary if anyone else missed it.

2,200 people banned for asking Qs during the AMA. Disgusting. FUCK YEAH CENSORSHIP

Screen_Shot_2016_07_29_at_10_12_38_AM.jpg

Bowdz

I think the bottom line, after seeing the MO, GA, and AZ polls recently, is that one of the top priorities for the Dems as a party this cycle needs to be registering new voters in the battleground States of the future. Even though it will be a red state for the foreseeable future, I want to see a huge hispanic voter registration in Texas to lay the groundwork for the future. Make sure AZ becomes a perpetual battleground. Lay the groundwork for GA becoming a true battleground in the future. I used to think Trump was just going to be a turnout machine for hispanic voters, but he is so divisive to ever single minority group, that Dems have an opportunity to build such a massive systemic advantage in terms of a voter database, that the GOP won't be able to catch up in the foreseeable future.

1. The Islamic Shock
2. FLOTUS
3. God Queen
4. Constitutional Kahn
5. Diamond Joe
6. William
7. The Reverend
8. anti-Christ(ie)
9. Big Daddy Kaine
10. Bloomberto
11. Bernard
12. Forma*

*Pocahontas

I would say you could easily make a Top 25 or so and they would all be better than every RNC speech besides Ivanka's which would be like 18th if we combined both conventions.

I think the bottom line, after seeing the MO, GA, and AZ polls recently, is that one of the top priorities for the Dems as a party this cycle needs to be registering new voters in the battleground States of the future. Even though it will be a red state for the foreseeable future, I want to see a huge hispanic voter registration in Texas to lay the groundwork for the future. Make sure AZ becomes a perpetual battleground. Lay the groundwork for GA becoming a true battleground in the future. I used to think Trump was just going to be a turnout machine for hispanic voters, but he is so divisive to ever single minority group, that Dems have an opportunity to build such a massive systemic advantage in terms of a voter database, that the GOP won't be able to catch up in the foreseeable future.

Just making them pay to defend Texas would be a big win. That's an expensive state to hold, and resources they could be using on offense.

1. The Islamic Shock
2. FLOTUS
3. God Queen
4. Constitutional Kahn
5. Diamond Joe
6. William
7. The Reverend
8. anti-Christ(ie)
9. Big Daddy Kaine
10. Bloomberto
11. Bernard
12. Forma*

*Pocahontas

I would say you could easily make a Top 25 or so and they would all be better than every RNC speech besides Ivanka's which would be like 18th if we combined both conventions.

I assume that by "anti-Christie" you mean Booker, right?

"She spent the evening talking down to the American people she’s looked down on her whole life."

AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Says Donald Drumpf from the gold throne in his luxury Manhattan penthouse.

Not as good and when he pretended to identify with the tyranny of the wealthy against regular people.

Trump finally got control of his phone back. Getting into it with a Bloomberg and a retired four star general can only help him. The Clinton's should make an ad with her line about baiting him in twitter then a screen cap of this:

CoicXioW8AEQLfu.jpg

gcubed

I mean, they could have great security, but it can still get cracked.
Especially when it's probable that this is the concerted effort of another intelligence agency...

yeah i mean, besides writing things on a piece of paper, you aren't going to protect yourself from a state sponsored hacking group

Dierce

CNN reporting Dem Congressional Campaign Committee hacked. Who the fuck runs these guys security?

I think at this point it is fair to assume that they have agents that have infiltrated, maybe as interns. That would give them direct access to a system and allow them to install spyware. Of course this would mean that it is a concentrated effort from a foreign entity... EDIT: Just thinking out loud, don't want to come out as a conspiracy theorist and there is definitely nothing backing my assumption.

CNN reporting Dem Congressional Campaign Committee hacked. Who the fuck runs these guys security?
Just do everything through whatsapp or whatever encrypted messaging service can't get hacked. Or have a email server not connected to the internet and only an intranet or something. Also: DON'T CLICK ON EMAIL LINKS

But this is the new normal.

We need to find new ways to secure digital data.

Iolo

OPM was hacked and their data was a million times more valuable to foreign powers. State actors are very sophisticated.

Also that should be chicken tendies

Gruco

Banned
Good idea Trump! Keep bringing people's attention to the second tier speeches that completely light you up. Don't want Islamic Shock and Khaleesi hogging all the exposure.

The thing is, he knows that this makes him look pretty and non presidential, and can't help it. He should be trying to demonstrate he is at the same level as the president and future president. Instead he is picking fights with the former mayor of new York, the senator from Massachusetts, and a retired general. And losing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom