• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT8| No, Donald. You don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Corey on CNN doing his thing.

Why the fuck did they hire this man

Holy shit Christine Winn about to smack Corey

His soul looks like it goes away when he stops talking. He knows he shouldn't be defending this, and everything out of his mouth is campaign talking points. CNN is gross for hiring him

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Robbie Mook on morning Joe, and of course they are spending 10 minutes on the emails.

I wish they would grill trump like this.

Edit: he's no spin master like David Plouffe or Gibbs.

Diablos

His soul looks like it goes away when he stops talking. He knows he shouldn't be defending this, and everything out of his mouth is campaign talking points. CNN is gross for hiring him
They're having their way with him now. I think a lot of the anchors don't want him in their house.

TheFatOne

Mook seems nervous over these past couple days. Wondering if he knows the hacking is worse than anticipated.

Doubtful, and with the Trump ties to Russia if something gets released the immediate question is about Russia trying to influence an election. This is where Trump had another misstep. Had he said nothing another hack/leak could be really harmful, but now not so much.

Wilsongt

I hope Nina Turner accepts Stein's offer. Then maybe I won't have to listen to her ignorant ass on my tv all the time anymore.

Bernie Sanders, Nina Turner, and Jill Stein are the politicians we need. The only honest good ones who won't get hacked.

Yeah he's about to wear out his gold star teflon and become attackable by nature of being a willing participant in the political arena.

Khan's shown that he knows how to stick to basic points like civic virtue that are pretty hard to counter. As long as Trump keeps coming at him he should push back. It would be the first time someone actually got the last word in against Donny.

Watching these Trump folks on CNN defend this is hilarious. Can you imagine if Clinton had shit on the crazy Benghazi mom after her attacks at the RNC? Would republicans stance still be "well, she attacked Clinton first so she is fair game!"?

Phil MattinglyVerified account
‏@Phil_Mattingly
Corey Lewandowski, on @CNN: "If Donald Trump were the president, Capt. Khan would've still been alive right now..."

WTF did he really say this? What a scum.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
When I was at the laundromat on Saturday morning, MSNBC or cnn or some trash station was interviewing Nina turner and asking if she was hurt that the Clinton campaign blocked her from nominating Bernie during the role call. She said she was hurt.

I guess it's hard to fill air time on Saturday morning. Maybe they can have the nyc dog catcher on next week.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Also Tim kaine's #1 job should be to sit Hillary down and come up with a good answer on the emails. It's been months now. This WILL come up during the debates.

Holy shit Morning Joe just destroyed Trump on the relationship with Putin comments
Video? I wanna see this.

Also it's pretty clear that the talking points from the trump campaign are that the Khans made the choice to politicize their son and that makes them fair game for whatever Trump wants to spew at them. Pretty gross and even more disqualifying imo.

TheFatOne

Was it me or did Joe look hurt when he said that Trump essentially fucked himself over this weekend when Hilary lied about the emails. Guy looked hurt/dumbfounded. Or am I reading into that too much?
Video? I wanna see this.

Also it's pretty clear that the talking points from the trump campaign are that the Khans made the choice to politicize their son and that makes them fair game for whatever Trump wants to spew at them. Pretty gross and even more disqualifying imo.
The easiest way for Khazir Khan to annihilate this shitty as fuck talking point is too simply point out that Trump went after his wife and not Khazir. He could just come out and say something like I can understand that he wanted to go after me, but to go after my wife is unacceptable. He doesn't really have to do anything to combat Trump, but that would be an easy way to shut that shit down. He just has too let Trump hang himself, and continue to call out Ryan and McConnell.

Crisco

Banned
So Trump's stubborn ass is going to drag this on yet another day? Damn. Not that I'm complaining, but it's just miserable that we're caught up in this. Trump simply can't stand a single person who dare oppose him.

Also, more Russia! Because why not. With the GE officially officially started, the broader media has apparently been waiting to be a little more tough.

sonicmj1

Hillary called Benghazi families liars?

She didn't, though someone might spin it that way.

In the recent Fox interview, she was asked about the mother whose son died in Benghazi, who claimed that Hillary told them when the bodies were brought back that the death was caused by the anti-Muslim video and not terrorism, something that other parents of victims disagree with. Chris Wallace asked, "Why would they make that up?" After expressing her empathy towards the parents and their deep loss, she said, "As other families who have lost loved ones have said, that's not what they heard. I don't hold any ill feeling for someone who, in that moment, may not fully recall everything that was or wasn't said."

It's a pretty diplomatic response. Considering that she's backed up by other military families who were also there (they can't both be telling the truth!) and she isn't assigning any sort of intentional malice, it's not going to run outside of the right wing circles where everyone's already convinced she's a heartless liar.

HylianTom

Banned
Mr Khan is on Morning Joe right now.

I can't believe we're 5 days into this. And that Trump has apparently decided to feed more gasoline to the fire.

Hillary just needs to stay low-key while this happens. And I like the idea posted above for Tim Kaine's new job.

Hilarys answer on the emails is so bad. Like it might be somewhat truthful but she should not discuss it if she doesn't have the time to explain

TheFatOne

Mr Khan is on Morning Joe right now.

I can't believe we're 5 days into this. And that Trump has apparently decided to feed more gasoline to the fire.

Hillary just needs to stay low-key while this happens. And I like the idea posted above for Tim Kaine's new job.

Hilary is the luckiest politician alive right now. She would have been getting killed for lying about the emails this week, but Trump once again is the gift that keeps on giving. She has to get her shit together when it comes to the emails.

Ecotic

I have to say, Khizer Khan has exceptional message discipline for someone who was thrown into the spotlight without preparation. This could have easily turned into a Cindy Sheehan situation.

Diablos

Hilary is the luckiest politician alive right now. She would have been getting killed for lying about the emails this week, but Trump once again is the gift that keeps on giving. She has to get her shit together when it comes to the emails.
It still might hurt her, we'll see.

TheFatOne

I have to say, Khizer Khan has exceptional message discipline for someone who was thrown into the spotlight without preparation. This could have easily turned into a Cindy Sheehan situation.

I was just about to post this. The way he phrased that they were simply the vessels for bringing up their son, but it was America that brought up their son is just simply amazing. Again, the mans composure is something else. How easy would it be for him to just completely go off the handle on Trump. You can tell he has a clear goal in mind, and he's going to stick to his principles. When he attacks Trump it's from the high ground, and he has framed it as a moral issue. Just a spectacular job of shaping the conversation.

Crisco

Banned

He's a lawyer right? Message discipline is basically his job.

One thing is for sure, no matter how this election turns out, Trump is the most resilient Presidential candidate in my lifetime. He has said and done things probably 3 dozen times that would have forced other candidates to simply drop out. He does it and doesn't even apologize 90% of the time and comes out the other end. I can only hope his resiliency is just tieing more and more lead weights to the GOPs future when this election is done.

TheFatOne

It still might hurt her, we'll see.

Doubtful. It's preaching to the choir at this point. I would wager the vast majority of Americans have already made up their mind on this issue one way or another.

Edit:Should have been specific. I mean hurt her in a meaningful way. If Trump didn't just commit political suicide for the 20th time this would have been the lead, and hurt her for a point or two temporarily. At least that's what I think.

One thing is for sure, no matter how this election turns out, Trump is the most resilient Presidential candidate in my lifetime. He has said and done things probably 3 dozen times that would have forced other candidates to simply drop out. He does it and doesn't even apologize 90% of the time and comes out the other end. I can only hope his resiliency is just tieing more and more lead weights to the GOPs future when this election is done.

Cult of Personality

His supporters admit freely that they don't care about all this they just want someone who can freely say that Mexicans are rapists.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom