• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT8| No, Donald. You don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Bill Gates would very likely support Clinton but he stays neutral because the Bill and Melinda Gates foundation requires support from the Presidential administration. He doesn't want to go in against Trump and then have it negatively impact his humanitarian mission in the off chance that Trump ends up being President.

did the mods say posting presidential election polls is banned or something? Wondering why there's no thread in OT about Hillary's bounce being bigger than Trump's after the RNC.

i kinda want to post one that also points out in the OP that polls aren't gonna be very useful for another month

@realDonaldTrump

CNN will soon be the least trusted name in news if they continue to be the press shop for Hillary Clinton.

@realDonaldTrump

CNN anchors are completely out of touch with everyday people worried about rising crime, failing schools and vanishing jobs.

You guys should all have to suffer through the chicken little threads from early last week all over again. I had to moderate that crap.

Edit: whale tank lol

diablosing is great for our turnout. so I have zero complaints about it. the media really helped Obama in 2012 with the 'TOO CLOSE TO CALL' narrative.

i mean... he's from Pittsburgh so....

images

TS-08

@realDonaldTrump

CNN will soon be the least trusted name in news if they continue to be the press shop for Hillary Clinton.

@realDonaldTrump

CNN anchors are completely out of touch with everyday people worried about rising crime, failing schools and vanishing jobs.

He's going on a Twitter tirade right now against CNN. He's tweeting every minute.

49/45 H2H sounds fine. It's hard not seeing Trump get less than 46 in the state barring further collapse.

Expect Dems to put a lot of GOTV effort there due to the unpredictable nature of Trump's support in the state.

I'd like to note how stupid all the GOP primary candidates were for not tearing down Trump with Putin in the primaries.

Trump's campaign baffles the mind. If you need to attack someone's family the candidate can't have his finger prints on it, at all. Yet Trump has been attacking people's families for months, from Bush's mom to Cruz's dad and wife. It doesn't make any sense, and while he got away with it in the primary it's not something that will work in a general election. Let your surrogates and aides do the dirty work/plant stories with sympathetic press.

As with the judge, I'd imagine Trump will be forced to release some type of statement soon. But we haven't reached that point yet. I think he's going to attack Khan again, just as he kept attacking the judge. He'll double down, republicans will react in disgust...and then he'll quietly release the "semi apology" statement.

This is truth.

And it's also indicative of him (and his campaign) having no idea how to actually...you know, campaign effectively. He lacks the surrogates necessary to pull something like this off. Queen's bus tour could have easily been split into 3 different groups of people (herself, Bill and then Daddy Kaine and his wife). And that will be happening soon.

But with no ads. No campaign infrastructure and poorly targeted campaign stops is a great way to win!

Also, PPP? Let me have your babies.

https://twitter.com/ppppolls/status/760179525707792384

That guy really let Planned Parenthood Polling have it

Also, like everywhere else, the people that are undecided are Democrat leaners who haven't come home. This is a group we can win over but Trump has no chance in hell of winning.

thebloo

I won't say Trump's campaign is good. But, I mean, what can they really do?

You can't have a rapid response when the candidate will tweet before you. You can't really deny something when odds are Trump will double down. You can just write shit down that doesn't really mean anything and hope for the best. Or the not worst.

What I do think they should do better is hire someone that can truly write for him. Classic speechwriting is clearly not working and is also boring him. I hope they don't.

I won't say Trump's campaign is good. But, I mean, what can they really do?

You can't have a rapid response when the candidate will tweet before you. You can't really deny something when odds are Trump will double down. You can just write shit down that doesn't really mean anything and hope for the best. Or the not worst.

What I do think they should do better is hire someone that can truly write for him. Classic speechwriting is clearly not working and is also boring him. I hope they don't.

A couple of weeks ago when things were looking better I thought Manafort had literally taken Trump's phone away from him and was having a ghost writer tweet. That's the thing to do. Right now their campaign seems to be in a spiral where bad news makes Trump more manic which generates another news cycle he compels to get ahead of.

Also, Trump is only winning the white vote in PA by 7 (H2H) Romney won it by 15. Even if we use the all of the above options, he's winning it by 12. That's nowhere good enough to flip teh state.

Trump called a gaggle to tell the reporters they had to turn people away from the event.

LOLOLOLOL

blackw0lf

Interesting stat from the PPP poll

Overall voters in PA would rather have another Obama term than Trump 51/44. Clinton under performing that a little:

So 1% voting for Trump would vote for Obama. Another 1% voting for either Johnson or Stein would go for Obama.

Interesting stat from the PPP poll

So 1% voting for Trump would vote for Obama. Another 1% voting for either Johnson or Stein would go for Obama.

Which actually makes sense when we take into account that the people who are undecided are Dem leaners that just don't like Hillary. These people aren't going to vote for Trump. They'll either vote for Hillary or just not bother to vote. I don't see Trump picking up any of these people. Definitely not enough in a state like PA to flip it.

I was trying to think of a figure - political or sports or something - that could span the entire state, Philly to Pittsburgh and in between and join together folks and I'm just not sure that person exists. Unless JoePa from about 1989 shows up and that still didn't end up too well.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Going after CNN is kind of dumb.

They try to frame everything as equal, even when they aren't. They are the one network that will give republicans a shot even when not deserved.

It is the one network where independents get their info from... So if they decide to go in on Trump, he is toast.

If the only network that says good things about you is Fox, that isn't something you want lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom