• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT8| No, Donald. You don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
35% went down to 10% for China. Great deal.

He's now about 7 levels deep in nesting "oh, by the way"s, can't see him reversing out of those.

As I recall he's promised a 45% tariff on Chinese imports.

Just said 10%. I think he might be making it up as he goes.

Factories were turned into nursing homes

tumblr_nazgyaYSSo1rosb88o1_500.gif

The crowd is literally just talking to themselves quietly.

I lurked Poligaf in 2012, and boy that was nothing compared to this year. I don't know how you people can stand to watch Orange Turd's speeches.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
PoliGAF 2012 was hilarious based on unskew the polls by itself.

I lurked Poligaf in 2012, and boy that was nothing compared to this year. I don't know how you people can stand to watch Orange Turd's speeches.

I hate myself, and I need to constantly remind myself why.

And now we're taking questions from the crowd.

This should be good.

This is so bizarre its not even threatening. With a Cruz or Rubio speech you're at least worried that people are buying it. You can see that even the audience is confused by what Trump's doing. Which makes it kind of fun.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Someone important needs to do a David Cameron-esque "Come on man, for goodness' sake drop out!" to Donald.

Like, these are the most filtered and perfectly worded softball questions ever. If they aren't plants then Trump at least has one part of his campaign running like butter.

Wilsongt

Oh. Disgusting.

Senator Marco Rubio will headline an anti-LGBT religious conference being held in Orlando on the two month anniversary of the massacre at gay nightclub Pulse.

Right Wing Watch reports:

The Orlando-based Liberty Counsel Action, an extreme anti-LGBT group whose affiliate is famous for representing Kentucky clerk Kim Davis in her stand against the Supreme Court’s marriage equality decision, announced in an email [on July 27] that the Florida Renewal Project will be hosting an event called “Rediscovering God in America” in August. The event will be headlined by Rubio, who will speak alongside anti-LGBT activists David Barton, Bill Federer, Ken Graves and Mat Staver.

The Florida Renewal Project is an affiliate of conservative activist David Lane’s American Renewal Project, which hosts “Rediscovering God” conferences around the country.

http://www.towleroad.com/2016/08/marco-rubio-orlando/

You know, compared to Rubio and Cruz, Trump is downright saintly to the LGBT community.

Random17

They will.

They have little to lose at this point. It won't upset their base, and they still dominate every section of government except for the executive. Trump is a dumpster fire, but if he was not in the equation, a GOP win this year would be quite likely.

I remember being very happy with the election and inauguration of Obama in 2008/2009, only to see the pushback and obstructionism destroy the image of his campaign, and very nearly his reelection chances.

So if Hillary wins this November, I'm sure many will celebrate and breathe a sigh of relief. But I really warn you guys to expect the worst in the next four years, both on the domestic and international fronts. Along with rampant obstructionism, expect rampant skepticism about anything Hillary does, even from those on the left. See, half the reason the people overlook Obama's policy faults is because he is very likable and charismatic, arguably far more so than Hillary. His image kills cynicism and skepticism far more than anything else, especially overseas, and I say this as someone who is not American.

Unless victory in November is a total landslide, like 350EV+, expect a very tired and uphill battle for Hillary, all in preparation for the inevitable challenge in 2020. In four years a lot can happen that is outside of Clinton's control; another recession, EU breaking apart, more "scandals" and so on.

The GOP could run a campaign simply based on the notion that "12 years of Democratic presidents have not helped, it's time for a change", and that may resonate very well, especially as people get tired of the political process. At some point people start ignoring policies and start voting for change for the sake of change; usually when governments have been in power for more than two terms.

There's a real danger that the anti-establishment strain we are seeing now will only become more powerful over time, and Hillary is literally the embodiment of the establishment at this point. Trumpism may die in 2016, or it may not, but the anti-establishment sentiment will remain.

That being said, the biggest obstacle to a GOP victory in 2020 is very much their own voter base. If they keep nominating more extreme candidates they will not make it pass the line, and even if the candidate is fairly moderate like Romney it is problematic. Romney had to pivot from the primaries to the general and it did not work for him.

You could also argue that it's pointless to look so far ahead considering how unpredictable this year has been. Very true, I don't think anyone saw Trump coming.

BUT, I do remember reading posts on another forum in 2012 predicting the ingredients for the 2016 election perfectly. The poster stated how the demographic changes, the extremism of the Tea Party, faux outrage, made up scandals and "truthiness" was going to create a "monster" in 2016, which would then be outside of the party's control, and potentially fracture it.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
You know, compared to Rubio and Cruz, Trump is downright saintly to the LGBT community.

Not giving a shit at all is better than actively wanting to destroy, yes.

KMS

It's the Howard Stern effect. People who like him watch to see what he'll say next and people who hate him watch to see what he'll say next. Great for ratings but the closer to November the more people will want a serious looking and sounding candidate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom