• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT8| No, Donald. You don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowdz

No. The guy has no experience. We shouldn't be making appointments on their ability to troll people

Warren had no real political experience beyond CPB and she's a fantastic Senator. Dude's a lawyer and a strong advocate for American values. He'd do fine.

Guis,

We can like Nate again!

Now Cast:
Hillary 78.3%
Trump 21.7%

Polls Only
Hillary 60.3%
Trump 39.7%

Polls Plus
Hillary 66.8%
Trump 33.2%

Dishwalla

Banned
Would've been shocked if she didn't get at least a 5 point bump, so this is good to see. Was hoping for ten but this will do just fine.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I don't think its fair to say Nate Silver's model is bad on the basis that you don't understand how it works.

Guis,

We can like Nate again!

Now Cast:
Hillary 78.3%
Trump 21.7%

Polls Only
Hillary 60.3%
Trump 39.7%

Polls Plus
Hillary 66.8%
Trump 33.2%
Oh good, I hate having to hate Nate.

Anyway. I'm probably going to take the next few weeks off of PoliGAF. A lot of stuff happening all at once in my life and it might be nice to not stress myself out over the day to day minutia. I turn 25 on the 21st (and most of my stuff will be wrapped up by then) so I'll probably be more active after that. Don't fuck anything up while I'm gone, if I come back and Trump's winning I'll be so pissed.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Hillary went up because weights and shit moved, flipping Florida and Ohio to her despite nothing happening. This is embarrassing.

Edit: also Nevada

Mac_Lane

I don't think its fair to say Nate Silver's model is bad on the basis that you don't understand how it works.

Well, the Now-Cast sure is acting wildly :

613b542f5ff5b059af64220ba80004223f08be00.jpg

Guis,

We can like Nate again!

Now Cast:
Hillary 78.3%
Trump 21.7%

Polls Only
Hillary 60.3%
Trump 39.7%

Polls Plus
Hillary 66.8%
Trump 33.2%

I CALLED IT. The Now Cast is pure trash.

Polls-Plus being back to 2/3 is good.

CNN poll isn't even in their database, yet, too. It's going to go up more...

CNN Poll
Post-Democratic Convention

Clinton 52
Trump 43

Sad! (this is the great news for john mccain meme for this cycle right?)

In a couple of weeks this will normalize to 47-49 H , 43-45 Trump where it will stay for months and then the election will be a 51-52 to 47-48 snoozer.

I do understand how it works. He uses an aggressive type of regression that looks for Trends and react to it.

basically, as Hillary's numbers went down and the RNC happened, it saw a major trend for Trump. Not it's seeing that going into the RNC Trump's numbers were getting a big worse (or rather Clinton recovering a bit) and now with this supposed convention bounce the supposed "trend" has switched in a matter of days the other way.

It's why we see such a big swing in the Now-Cast. Which shows how useless it is.

And as I argued earlier, I don't believe his model should be trying to discern trends.

Dear USC, time to fix your fucked up tracking poll.

The USC poll is a 7 day poll and we're not going to see the full bounce until next Friday/Sat. Even then, it's probably around Monday when a full bounce is priced in.

it's already moved 3 points in Hillary's direction with just a few days of voting in it after the last day.

Give it time.

DasRaven

Good poll day, but I really want to see a $50M+ July to lock in the trend.
There were rumors of donors holding back until the GOP was "stuck with him."

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 56m56 minutes ago Columbus, OH
Thank you Columbus, Ohio! I will be back soon. #ImWithYou #MAGA

IS THAT A THREAT!?

So, question:

Who leaked the CNN poll numbers to Trump?

Trick question. It was Lewandowski .

Y2Kev

Why would any nonwhite person vote trump? Blacks 0. Hispanics...maybe 15%. Asians lol. So that averages out to like 10%.

Y2Kev

I'm sorry but you rail on immigration and "law and order" and sooner or later nonwhites are going to get it.

Iolo

Sad! (this is the great news for john mccain meme for this cycle right?)

In a couple of weeks this will normalize to 47-49 H , 43-45 Trump where it will stay for months and then the election will be a 51-52 to 47-48 snoozer.

Not good enough. Trump must not only lose but be destroyed so hard that his father retroactively disowns him. This loss needs to transcend spacetime.

The USC poll is a 7 day poll and we're not going to see the full bounce until next Friday/Sat. Even then, it's probably around Monday when a full bounce is priced in.

it's already moved 3 points in Hillary's direction with just a few days of voting in it after the last day.

Give it time.

Even so, some of the breakdowns look very odd (Hispanics, 18-34).

Wang retwetting this:

(((Will Cubbison))) ‏@wccubbison 4m4 minutes ago
@williamjordann @sleavitt1 the now cast is like if huffpo's average got drunk and started swinging wildly at people. exists for clicks

Even so, some of the breakdowns look very odd (Hispanics, 18-34).

Don't get me wrong, I agree. The non-hispanic but minority vote female vote, youth vote all look odd.

But there's a chance that their poll is accidentally Republican Leaning.

What matters is that the trend is away from Trump and back towards hillary. If every poll is doing that, and so far every released poll is showing some evidence of that, then it's good.

Non-white voters (CNN):

Clinton fave: 61/32
Trump fave: 9/88 !
2-way: HRC 83%, Trump 12%
4-way: HRC 72%, Johnson 8%, Stein 8%, Trump 7% !

His favorable rating is single digits.

Let that sink in. Single. Fucking. Digits.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
yessir you got trouble here in the town of DC, trouble with a capital T and that rhymes with P and that stands for Progressivism

http://time.com/4434199/paul-ryan-koch-progressives/?xid=time_socialflow_twitter
House Speaker Paul Ryan warned some of his Republican Party’s biggest donors on Monday that some in the GOP are flirting with progressive ideas and kowtowing to frustrated voters on trade.

Speaking on the final day of a retreat for donors to the network of groups backed by billionaires Charles and David Koch, the Republican leader cast the current debate in Washington a “fight for the soul of our party and for our country.” He made only oblique references to Republican nominee Donald Trump and instead promised these 400 donors, who give at least $100,000 to the Koch groups, that next year would be one packed with reforms—if Republicans can unify.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom