• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT8| No, Donald. You don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's never been this hard to listen to campaign surrogates defend their guy. Like you're supposed to be able to go past talking points, but literally the surrogates just repeat talking points and they aren't even good. And once again in a normal election this email story would be sinking Clinton. I get she doesn't want to go full mea culpa while she's in the lead but if she gets tripped up at the debates by it could derail things.

User1608

Banned
No, ItWasMeantToBe!!:( He's (naranja) a piece of shit but let's not get carried away
He's a LITERAL sociopath.

Like, anyone who's ever had trouble with what the word really meant, you can just give them Trump as an example and they'll get it. Hell, I bet the name Trump will be colloquial for what a sociopath is.
Dude is scary as hell. Despite Romney and his self deportation comments, I still couldn't loathe him anywhere near much as I do the orange.

I wonder how far you can go with this before being banned.
Pretty sure that wishing direct physical harm upon a candidate is what's going too far. There's no need to be that extreme of it. This is true anywhere on GAF when speaking to other members. No threats.

pigeon

Banned
Given that the GOP establishment has supported Trump this far in his fascist behavior
I'm a little unclear on why they would stop when he loses the election. Why not keep saying "we don't support violent rebellion but there are definitely irregularities with this election and we can't be sure it was fair?" Meanwhile Trump is threatening civil war.

Teggy

There are thousands and thousands of terrorists being let in the country. But they are just kind of chilling out I guess? Having poker games on the weekend?

Wilsongt

There are thousands and thousands of terrorists being let in the country. But they are just kind of chilling out I guess? Having poker games on the weekend?

They're too busy stealing out jobs. The ultimate act of terrorism: Putting Americans into poverty.

Grief.exe

Trump's energy plan:

Wind energy doesn't work because it will "kill all your birds," and they are "ugly."

Solar doesn't work because it is "too expensive."

Likely passing the 2020 price set by the Department of Energy 3-4 years early.

us-doe-utility-solar-costs.png

Random17

Quin is the only real one, and it is worrying. The others are all like obvious partisan hacks commissioned by that annoying woman that goes on Bill Maher.

Quin is leaning towards Trump in Ohio and Pennsylvania as well. Worrying yes, but it may be systemic.

I just don't understand what Trump's end game is. By many accounts, it's his name/brand that's his actual worth. He's not just sabotaging his candidacy at this point, he's potentially ruining any future business. Who will want to invest in guy who they know is either going to lie, show some massive ignorance, or say something completely offensive every time he opens his mouth?

hawk2025

Quin is the only real one, and it is worrying. The others are all like obvious partisan hacks commissioned by that annoying woman that goes on Bill Maher.

Right, but from the perspective of the narrative they want to form, it only takes one poll, reliable or not.

I'm in no way saying this is a rational strategy, just to be clear :p

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
They're too busy stealing out jobs. The ultimate act of terrorism: Putting Americans into poverty.
I was told poor Americans live the good life with their food stamps, Obama phones, shitty subsidized health care and refrigerators.

If ISIS really wanted to terrorize Americans they would make then rich under Hillary Clinton as president! With slightly higher marginal tax rates!!!!! #JobCreatorJihad

That's pretty cool but...um...what's the green squirtgun?
No more pistol.

I just don't understand what Trump's end game is. By many accounts, it's his name/brand that's his actual worth. He's not just sabotaging his candidacy at this point, he's potentially ruining any future business. Who will want to invest in guy who they know is either going to lie, show some massive ignorance, or say something completely offensive every time he opens his mouth?

Serious investors long know that Trump isn't a serious businessman, he's only able to convince the low information portion of the population.

Additionally, he knows how to spin a negative into a positive, so in the long term he thinks he'll be fine.

For all the bad press there's probably an increase in revenue for his golf clubs and all the other shit.

Grief.exe

The irony is a few reports have come out showing that Trump is really struggling financially, with all of these investors dropping out from his branding deals he may have a cashflow problem which will cause him to default on his debts.

This just in, campaign will continue along the same path.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I think this might be it. I think this might actually damage him further. I think he really fucked up

I don't expect Hillary's numbers to climb proportionally, but god do I hope that a lot of moderate R's look at this and say "fuck it I'm sitting this one out, court or no court"

Someone needs to go to one of Trump's events and scream "Khan is in the Muslim Brotherhood! Traitor!" to try and get Trump to go all-in.

Teggy

Ben Jacobs ‏@Bencjacobs 6m6 minutes ago
Trump is he has raised over $35 million in July which he says is "unheard of for Republicans." Romney raised $101 million in July 2012.

itschris

CNN: Donald Trump calls Hillary Clinton 'the devil'

Donald Trump called Hillary Clinton "the devil" on Monday as he rallied supporters in this battleground state.

Trump's extreme characterization of the Democratic presidential nominee came as he criticized Clinton's former presidential primary challenger Sen. Bernie Sanders of Vermont for endorsing Clinton.

"He made a deal with the devil. She's the devil," Trump said Monday as he rallied a rowdy crowd of supporters packed into a high school gymnasium.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I think I want to give a little more to Hillary. Should I start my own SuperPac? KevPAC.

NintendoisbadPAC

ShawnAshmoreForeheadPAC

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Ben Jacobs ‏@Bencjacobs 6m6 minutes ago
Trump is he has raised over $35 million in July which he says is "unheard of for Republicans." Romney raised $101 million in July 2012.

Everything is stacked against him. The most reviled candidate in living history. No money. No ground game whatsoever. By all accounts this should be a lock

Man so why does that Quin poll have me nervous?

watershed

Banned
It's sad and pitiful how everyone trying to speak for Trump (his VP, the RNC, campaign PR staff) are literally saying the opposite of what Trump himself is saying and trying to pretend like they are accurately representing his views.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom