• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT8| No, Donald. You don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the defense seriously that most of the speech wasn't plagiarized? I have a 14 year old daughter getting ready to start high school in a month laughing at that

Plinko, you called Trump winning by looking at the polling aggregate and seeing that Trump was leading. The polling aggregates ALL have Clinton leading right now. Don't change your logical approach that correctly called Trump when the rest of us were making shitty gut choices that ignored reality. This is a good primer we should all read yet again:

http://election.princeton.edu/2016/07/15/foo-freakouts-over-outliers/

We're talking about the guy who repeatedly Diablosed about Cruz stealing the nomination even in late April.

Iolo

Maybe when they say Trump is modeling his speech after Nixon 1968, they mean he is literally going to plagiarize Nixon '68.

Dierce

Is the defense seriously that most of the speech wasn't plagiarized? I have a 14 year old daughter getting ready to start high school in a month laughing at that
Their defense is that nothing was plagiarized. They are outright denying that there are any similarities, at most just stating that those are 'common words'. The media should not let this go. Orange turd is not only a racist, xenophobe and an incompetent individual, he is a blatant liar and narcissist and the media should stick to that narrative.

Like, this response is worse than just ignoring it entirely! How you gonna actually try and blame the Clinton campaign for something they had FUCK ALL to do with.

Jesus.

CNN reporting rickrolling with a straight face is the funniest thing I've read this morning

CNN said:
In an even stranger twist, some on social media posited that Trump surreptitiously Rickrolled -- a common Internet meme involving singer Rick Astley -- everyone in the middle of her speech.

"He will never give up," she said of her husband. "And most importantly, he will never, ever let you down."

The chorus of the 80s classic sounds very similar: "Never gonna give you up/ Never gonna let you down/ Never gonna run around and desert you."

A bit of background -- Rickrolling is where you get someone to unwittingly click on a link to the video of the Astley song "Never Gonna Give You Up."

So, for example, if someone were to tell you to click here, saying it's another article about Melania Trump, and you click on that link, you would be taken to an Astley video and thus have been Rickrolled.

VRMN

Like, this response is worse than just ignoring it entirely! How you gonna actually try and blame the Clinton campaign for something they had FUCK ALL to do with.

Jesus.
It's a reflex at this point. It's always Obama and Clinton's fault.

Slacker

It's a reflex at this point. It's always Obama and Clinton's fault.

It's one of the benefits in forming a coalition of stupid people for a political party. The downside is occasionally they try to think for themselves for a minute instead of listening to your instruction and nominate someone like Donald Trump.

Paul Manafort: "These are themes that are personal to [Melania]... Obviously Michelle Obama feels a lot of similar sentiments."

It's now ALSO Michelle's fault for feeling similar to Melania.

HAHAHAHAHA

gcubed

Paul Manafort: "These are themes that are personal to [Melania]... Obviously Michelle Obama feels a lot of similar sentiments."

It's now ALSO Michelle's fault for feeling similar to Melania.

HAHAHAHAHA

This is such an epically terrible response.

They could have moved on from this so fast if they acknowledged, apologized and blamed someone who got fired. Boom, over, day 2 starts.

Answering like this will never go away

Slayven

I was thinking of the never trump movement thing yesterday, do you think that is an indication that a noticeable chunk of the GOP will just stay home. Not overwhelming, but a significant amount.?

CnuZ8AuWIAE-3Kx.jpg:large

UNITY

Iolo

@LatinoDecisions said:
.@NBCPolitics @ChuckTodd - why does NBC/@SurveyMonkey poll show 27-32% Latino support for Trump, but new NBC/WSJ/Telemundo poll shows 14%?

Just an interesting observation about how composition estimates can drastically affect the numbers.

That said it doesn't make one or the other "correct".

^ Also mentioned above

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Just an interesting observation about how composition estimates can drastically affect the numbers.

That said it doesn't make one or the other "correct".

^ Also mentioned above

Any poll that shows over 20% Latino support for Trump should be thrown out. I see zero possibility that happens.

Iolo

Any poll that shows over 20% Latino support for Trump should be thrown out. I see zero possibility that happens.

If you want to wind up like Romney's team then yes, throw out polls that don't conform to your demographic assumptions.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
If you want to wind up like Romney's team then yes, throw out polls that don't conform to your demographic assumptions.

This isn't "unskewed polling"--this is based on numerous previous polls and statistics.

I also don't buy that more than 1 out of 5 Latinos are going to vote for a guy who has been absolutely brutal in his rhetoric toward immigrants.

Platform was voted for on the first day, but will there be amendments passed through during the convention and when?

I doubt they are going to fire someone during the convention, it will most likely be after it or when no ones paying attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom