• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT8| No, Donald. You don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hopfrog

Why do you guys all hate HA Goodman so much? I don't know anything about him but noticed my Bernie Bro friend just posted one of his articles.

I'd love to explain why Goodman is a joke.

Read literally anything he has written from the last six months and you will get the gist of it.

DrMungo

I think the plagiarism stuff hurts more because it runs against his brand. My working theory is that Trump doesn't mind being seen as a racist or hate monger as long as he is seen as a strong racist or a strong hate monger. Even the fact that he brutally put down dissenters works for his brand. He wants to project strength and confidence at all costs.

Stealing ideas from Michelle Obama makes him look pathetic. That sticks.

Being portrayed as a joke is his central fear. Narcissists, above all else, hate when they are made to look foolish, pathetic or inferior . Its their core major malfunction as people

hawk2025

Why do you guys all hate HA Goodman so much? I don't know anything about him but noticed my Bernie Bro friend just posted one of his articles.

I really don't think it requires any explanation. His videos and articles come off by themselves as deranged and delusional.

So it would be a McAuliffe appointment until Nov 2017.

I dunno about you guys but I would feel better about holding Warren's seat in a special election in April 2017 than Kaine's in November 2017.

Another snag:

The person whom McAuliffe replaces has to win in 2017, and then win AGAIN in 2018.

Farmboy

I mentioned this in the Melania thread but I really wish someone would make a new version of www.thisfuckingelection.com. This cycle has managed to surpass every previous election in terms of hilarity.

Agreed. PoliGAF as a whole can come up with the text of the story so far. Anyone here have the html-skills (shouldn't be too hard, right?)?

URL suggestion: thisfuckingelectionthough.com

Being portrayed as a joke is his central fear. Narcissists, above all else, hate when they are made to look foolish, pathetic or inferior . Its their core major malfunction as people
It's going to be great when he loses double-digits to a woman.

I really don't think it requires any explanation. His videos and articles come off by themselves as deranged and delusional.
haha okay, so I take it if my friend already likes HA Goodman then there's nothing I can say to change his mind.

Hindl

Look at his twitter. He has this video posted 8 times in a row with a different hashtag every time.

H. A. Goodman ‏@HAGOODMANAUTHOR 1h1 hour ago
#Comey https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqFfrGUSqs4 … Hillary Clinton Could Still Get Indicted Before Election Day From Emails, Perjury, Foundation

https://twitter.com/HAGOODMANAUTHOR

He does this for every single video. And when he's not pushing the same video 8 times in a row he's just shouting conspiratorial left-wing nonsense. Read his twitter and ask yourself if you should take him seriously.

hawk2025

It's going to be great when he loses double-digits to a woman.

haha okay, so I take it if my friend already likes HA Goodman then there's nothing I can say to change his mind.

At this point, in mid July, after how deep he's gone?

Yeah, I'd say so. He's not interested in facts and logic, and you are looking for facts and logic here to take over there. It will only frustrate you IMO.

So, they're going to have to vet every single speech that's coming directly from the campaign. That means Pence's, Trump's, his spawn.....Because if there is so much as a comma in the wrong place....

I don't see how they succeed at playing this up as the media making it an issue. This thing has gone insanely viral.

Someone needs to get fired really quick.

I don't see how they succeed at playing this up as the media making it an issue. This thing has gone insanely viral.

Someone needs to get fired really quick.

Literally. Fire. Anyone .Anyone at all. Hire some kid from Craigslist. Then fire him. It would be a hella lot better than this.

So do you guys think we'll get a leak tomorrow or Thursday or will we actually have to wait until Friday. I guess there's no way to get the Vp to Florida without us knowing.

Like, i'm a bit scared regarding this election because Trump is clearly a clown and yet here we are with him being 1 of two major choices.

He's going to lose, of course, but a huge chunk of our electorate is fine with voting in a know-nothing clown.

Like, it's one thing if he was simply a racist, sexist pig (which he is) and a phony piece of shit (which he is). But he's an incompetent clown on top of it. Even a racist should look at him and think "holy shit this guy is a fucking clown, he cannot be in charge of our Armed Forces, Nuclear Codes, and Leader of our Nation."

I mean, I wouldn't vote for Mitt Romney and he'd have made a poor choice for President, but I don't think he is an actual incompetent clown.

Trump is a con artist but he's not a particularly good one which makes the fact that people are still being conned or don't care really fucking scary...

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
Warren's already confirmed to be in Florida Friday and over the weekend.

Pack it up. She's the nominee.

Let me have this!

:p

I think it has to be her. It shores up the Bernie vote, and it will whip Trump into a twitter frenzy that will turn off even more women. He can't win if he only does well with white men.

If I had to interview Mark Halperin and Hugh Hewitt at the same time..

original.gif

You are thinking of Santorum.

jqvKL4O.gif

Ya'll testing me jesus.
---------
THIS IS AN OFFICIAL HEADLINE IN THE REAL WORLD IN WHICH WE LIVE

RNC official likens speech to 'My Little Pony'

RNC Communications Director Sean Spicer says Melania Trump's speech was not plagiarized, claiming similar phrases appear in many popular songs and the telvision show "My Little Pony."Source: CNN

OH MY GOD......

THE GETTYSBURG ADDRESS IS ON THE SCREEN AT THE RNC RIGHT NOW. HAVE THEY NO SHAME!?

Grief.exe

Trump is a con artist but he's not a particularly good one which makes the fact that people are still being conned or don't care really fucking scary...

The entire Republican platform at this point is just playing the long con of fear mongering ISIS and debt issues so they can essentially run an oligarchy.

The real reason Republicans don't like Trump is not because he doesn't represent their values, he actually does that well, he is not good at selling those values.

The entire Republican platform at this point is just playing the long con of fear mongering ISIS and debt issues so they can essentially run an oligarchy.

The real reason Republicans don't like Trump is not because he doesn't represent their values, he actually does that well, he is not good at selling those values.

Sure, I agree. My point is that Trump is such an incompetent clown and is still being successful at it is downright fucking horrifying.

Then again, I shouldn't be surprised. I'm the one who has argued on this very forum for years that the electorate, by and large, is stupid.

Like, i'm a bit scared regarding this election because Trump is clearly a clown and yet here we are with him being 1 of two major choices.

He's going to lose, of course, but a huge chunk of our electorate is fine with voting in a know-nothing clown.

Like, it's one thing if he was simply a racist, sexist pig (which he is) and a phony piece of shit (which he is). But he's an incompetent clown on top of it. Even a racist should look at him and think "holy shit this guy is a fucking clown, he cannot be in charge of our Armed Forces, Nuclear Codes, and Leader of our Nation."

I mean, I wouldn't vote for Mitt Romney and he'd have made a poor choice for President, but I don't think he is an actual incompetent clown.

Trump is like the closest realization of Greg Stillson from the Dead Zone

The GOP invoking Lincoln always makes me wonder: If we brought Lincoln back to life right now and questioned him on his beliefs about race, would he be more racist, as racist, or less racist than the typical GOP representative? Of course, we have insight into Lincoln's attitudes about race, but not enough insight to answer the question. That it's a question at all is pretty fucking mindblowing actually.

I'm working from home and thought about turning on CNN, but every time I do, I always turn it off after two minutes because someone is saying some dumb shit (last night, it was some pundit saying, "Well what are we gonna do, send her to the principal's office?" in response to Don Lemon bringing up the plagiarism and how it might be considered). I think I'll just grade papers and watch old school pro wrestling and let you folks fill me in on the madness.

"The fact that we're not a well oiled machine is a strength" per Trump surrogate.

Because, everyone running for President says "Oh, god, I hope my campaign fucks up today! I love being a dumpster fire"

Warren's already confirmed to be in Florida Friday and over the weekend. Pack it up. She's the nominee.

Seriously, they've brought it to the point where if it isn't Warren, I will be actively upset.

"Hue Hewitt is a shit stain."

The way Hewitt tucks his upper lip over his front teeth when he smiles is genuinely unnerving.

khqttQ2-354x321.png

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009

It's just irrelevant. The country is basically 50%/50% in terms of party ID (though not registration). I really believe the Republicans could nominate a flaming sack of shit (they basically have) and we'd only see a 3-5% shift. Then we nominated the least popular person on earth except for Trump and you can see why the net effect is basically 0.

Here is why I draw comfort: demographics are against them, Hillary's turnout effort is on another level compared to Trump, and there is more event risk in the future from Trump. Hillary's scandals are mostly out there now. Trump still has Trump University and the debates, which I do believe he will utterly bomb.

I think morons move 1% in either direction based on stuff in the media.

Remember how I said I believe Florida isn't a true Swing State this election?

Well, Upshot has a nifty tool that shows you what happens if Candidate wins X state(s)

Vy2MJGH.png

Yeah, good luck Trump.

hawk2025

It's just irrelevant. The country is basically 50%/50% in terms of party ID (though not registration). I really believe the Republicans could nominate a flaming sack of shit (they basically have) and we'd only see a 3-5% shift. Then we nominated the least popular person on earth except for Trump and you can see why the net effect is basically 0.

Here is why I draw comfort: demographics are against them, Hillary's turnout effort is on another level compared to Trump, and there is more event risk in the future from Trump. Hillary's scandals are mostly out there now. Trump still has Trump University and the debates, which I do believe he will utterly bomb.

I think morons move 1% in either direction based on stuff in the media.

I think you kind of underestimate part of the left's ridiculous propensity to take pointless moral stands and die on hills they don't even particularly understand.

kirblar

Remember how I said I believe Florida isn't a true Swing State this election?

Well, Upshot has a nifty tool that shows you what happens if Candidate wins X state(s)

Vy2MJGH.png

Yeah, good luck Trump.
This is the GOP electoral problem now- they have to win ALL the swings.
I think you kind of underestimate part of the left's ridiculous propensity to take pointless moral stands and die on hills they don't even particularly understand.
The right does it too, the left and center-left have just have decades of experience in backhanding them.

The problem is coming from the generations growing up under mostly Obama who don't understand the necessity.

OMG, Melania Trump is less popular than Hillary Clinton was in 1992 and 1996 and WAAAAAAY behind Michelle Obama in 2008 and especially 2012.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features...east-popular-spouses-of-a-nominee-since-1988/

According to Gallup, Melania Trump has just a 28 percent favorable rating compared to a 32 percent unfavorable rating. That means her net favorability rating is -4 percentage points. That’s lower than Bill Clinton’s net favorability, which is +6 percentage points, according to a recent CNN/ORC survey. It’s also lower than the net favorability of every presidential nominee’s spouse in every final campaign poll that asked the question since 1988.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom