• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT8| No, Donald. You don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawk2025

This is the GOP electoral problem now- they have to win ALL the swings.

The right does it too, the left and center-left have just have decades of experience in backhanding them.

The problem is coming from the generations growing up under mostly Obama who don't understand the necessity.

Yeah, I don't really have any concrete evidence either way on who does it "more". Don't know why I felt like that was a particularly relevant point to make.

Teggy

The words in the speeches are often identical and it is multiple sentences in a row.

The MLP sentences weren't even remotely the same. So stupid.

Ophelion

Sure, I agree. My point is that Trump is such an incompetent clown and is still being successful at it is downright fucking horrifying.

Then again, I shouldn't be surprised. I'm the one who has argued on this very forum for years that the electorate, by and large, is stupid.

Every electorate since there have been electorates, by and large, are stupid. Humans in general are incredibly simple animals. We don't like to look that in the eye much, but there it is. We're all kind of idiots. None of us are willing to admit to blind spots that become glaringly obvious even within a few years. Even the most enlightened amongst us will look like complete savages to those that follow us, just as our forbearers typically look to us.

Every time, people act like now civilization is balancing on the point of a knife because our gaze is so limited. In reality, civilization has always been balancing on the point of a knife. It probably always will be, no matter what strides we liberals make. We should all probably get used to that idea now. The work will never be done.

I also wanted to say that this whole thing makes me feel a lot better about the election. Trump has proven, again, he has no campaign at all. I think Hillary will out perform her polling significantly (Just like in the primaries). Not because it's a lot harder to poll her best demographics (which it is) but because there's a lot to be said for a competent campaign and GOTV.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
I laughed. Solid post.

In the interests of openness and honesty and not being accused of plagiarism, I must admit that I stole that joke from Flann O'Brien. Citation follows:

O'Brien, F (1967), The Third Policeman, London, MacGibbon & Kee

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
This is the GOP electoral problem now- they have to win ALL the swings.

The right does it too, the left and center-left have just have decades of experience in backhanding them.

The problem is coming from the generations growing up under mostly Obama who don't understand the necessity.

Yeah but they're for the most part not independent events. If Trump is really doing well, winning "all the swings" is not hard (with some exceptions due to demographic challenges). It's not like he has to roll a 6 ten times in a row.

In the interests of openness and honesty and not being accused of plagiarism, I must admit that I stole that joke from Flann O'Brien. Citation follows:

O'Brien, F (1967), The Third Policeman, London, MacGibbon & Kee

Oh god. I've started my Masters, and the fact that I have to do this shit again is grating on me

Also, the ratings are in!

On network TV, they tied the 18-49 demo from 2012, and they were down over a million viewers overall. Sad!

hawk2025

Also, holy shiiiiit at wage tax withholdings in CA.

California, pls

Still not enough to support Republicans

Y2Kev, please advise.

Grief.exe

Sure, I agree. My point is that Trump is such an incompetent clown and is still being successful at it is downright fucking horrifying.

Then again, I shouldn't be surprised. I'm the one who has argued on this very forum for years that the electorate, by and large, is stupid.

The Republican party made the choice to double down on a majority white, uneducated, far right wing demographic years ago.\

They shit the bed, now they have to lie in it with an incompetent clown.

Tarkus

The MLP defense is a great defense, if you have no idea what plagiarism actually is
giphy.gif

Jeels

Like, i'm a bit scared regarding this election because Trump is clearly a clown and yet here we are with him being 1 of two major choices.

He's going to lose, of course, but a huge chunk of our electorate is fine with voting in a know-nothing clown.

Like, it's one thing if he was simply a racist, sexist pig (which he is) and a phony piece of shit (which he is). But he's an incompetent clown on top of it. Even a racist should look at him and think "holy shit this guy is a fucking clown, he cannot be in charge of our Armed Forces, Nuclear Codes, and Leader of our Nation."

I mean, I wouldn't vote for Mitt Romney and he'd have made a poor choice for President, but I don't think he is an actual incompetent clown.

Trump is a con artist but he's not a particularly good one which makes the fact that people are still being conned or don't care really fucking scary...

Yup, even if its one of those 400+ EV electoral victories, the fact that he is one of the major pick's for president is a shame on the entire country. It's disgusting.

And on that note, My Little Pony is trending...
Globally, too, lol. Sweet Fucking Jesus, this is still going to get even weirder, isn't it? My Little Fucking Pony. During the RNC. The real, official once-every-4-years RNC. This instead of wanting to blame even a single shitty intern for writing the speech. Republican leadership needed to stomp their hoof foot down and demand some accountability on this one.

I hate to over-generalize, but the fact that a MLP thing came as a "quick response" to the RNC reeks of them stealing the tip off of 4chan or Reddit in a panic. Not that there's anything wrong with being a fan! I like Fluttershy, personally.

Norah O'Donnell ‏@NorahODonnell 45s45 seconds ago
"Having never done this before you have to work w/ speechwriters. Those are the people that did this. Not Paul" @DonaldJTrumpJr to @CBSNews

Guess Manafort is safe.

Effect

I wonder what kind of horror show tonight will be. I keep hoping last night will be the worst and most vile it gets do to topics and the rest will be the normal republican talking points or like a regular Trump rally. That's likely asking to much though.

Guess Manafort is safe.

The messaging on this is so bad.

We have:

Don Jr saying it's speechwriters

Don camp official saying nothing to do, not plagiarized, hillary's fault

Reince says to fire whomever did this

Surrogates claiming it's just coincidence

Surrogates quoting MLP

So incompetent.

No, we'll be returning from a week of camping and we always take a day at one of the water parks there on the drive back.

I haven't been to Cedar Point itself in ages, which is a damn shame. Best amusement park.

Last time I went to Cedar Point I got the worst migraine of my life. I've never had fun there. Always been a mess.

Have a safe vacation! :)

I dunno. I think that's just Trump Jr. going out and advocating in order to protect Manafort. If Manafort were actually 100% secure I doubt he'd bother to go give interviews explaining that it's not Manafort's fault.

I think this was probably a scheduled interview so he had no way of getting out of it.

Benjy SarlinVerified account
‏@BenjySarlin
. @KatyTurNBC reports Trump is "furious" over plagiarism story

So either Trump doubles down or this is true and he sacks Manafort or someone else.

MSNBC saying reports from inside the campaign are that Trump is furious and that heads are going to roll. WHICH WAS THE RIGHT ANSWER YOU ORANGE FUCK.

The Colorado and Iowa Delegations are going to challenge the results of the official count of delegates. They're going to try and force a public reading of all the delegates to embarrass Trump. IF they can get the Chair to acknowledge them. LOLOLOLOL

Sianos

The Colorado and Iowa Delegations are going to challenge the results of the official count of delegates. They're going to try and force a public reading of all the delegates to embarrass Trump. IF they can get the Chair to acknowledge them. LOLOLOLOL

Is the chair going to hide behind more armed guards again?

Grief.exe

This is getting even juicier.

Apparently, Melania had to be pressured into doing the speech in the first place as she had become disillusioned with the campaign.

https://twitter.com/Morning_Joe/status/755373582746652672

Isn't Colorado where Cruz put in all his people as delegates to get the nom from Trump?

Trump has never had a ground game, Cruz had one in Colorado. He courted the delegates and Trump used that to leverage his narrative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom