• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT8| No, Donald. You don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Golf clap at the title change.

Content of the speech aside, how was no one with any charisma booked for primetime (10-11ET with the air networks) on Monday or Tuesday? Newt and even Eric have some good public speaking skills. Pence is probably going to look like trash in comparison.

Edit: I want to emphasize "content aside."

Melania'd from OT

uNngrdQ.png

FAM WE GONNA EAT

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions

Probably more true than not.
And if he does not fear the same bullshit he peddles, than how does he sleep at night lying that much?

Only real answer is Psychopathy.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Paul Ryan is a big sloppy vagina who did a whole month long "I dont want to be speaker" wah fight. Then he endorsed someone he identified as a racist.

Marco Rubio is a little girl.

Grief.exe

Cruz basically just went all in on Trump failing spectacularly.

The interesting part on this is he is also betting the Republican party just moves further to the right instead of reforming after the Trump loss.

Buchanan got on stage on went on a crazy social conservative rant about holy wars in 1992. The crazy thing about that was that at least he endorsed Bush
Oh my memory is fuzzy. I kept thinking he did not endorse HW. Regardless, he might not have anyway because once he went off-script it was clear he didn't really cared about his endorsement.

Slayven

Is there a level after dumpster fire?

Pat Buchannan also did not endorse Bush Sr in 1992 RNC. Instead, he riled his base up by going off script about religious conservatism. Bush Sr campaign was furious.

Idealogues like them do not give in to anyone who does not pass purity tests.

I will have to look that up, thanks

Grief.exe

why would you think he's wrong here?

1 popular vote win in 30 years.
Demographically the country continues to become more and more diverse.
Ideologically the country is shifting left.
Millennials will make up the largest share of the electorate in 2020 (citation needed) and they are far left of the Republican party.

Continue to hold their hands over their ears and triple down on uneducated whites.

Trumpster Fire.

ampere

Paul Ryan is a big sloppy vagina who did a whole month long "I dont want to be speaker" wah fight. Then he endorsed someone he identified as a racist.

Marco Rubio is a little girl.

woah woah woah

little girls have more spine than rubes.

pigeon

Banned
I'm seriously considering changing my avatar.

Ted Cruz is an evil genius.

The brilliant thing here is:

a) This means that when it turns out Trump is a huge disaster Cruz is the highest-profile GOP politician who can say "I told you so."
b) This is Ted Cruz AGAIN SPITTING IN THE FACE OF THE GOP ESTABLISHMENT, meaning that he's also still the anti-establishment candidate after deliberately torpedoing A DIFFERENT ANTI-ESTABLISHMENT CANDIDATE.
c) This is going to get Ted Cruz a ton of credit from liberals and moderates who think that Cruz is being honorable instead of just acting out of pure self-interest and just being better at it than everybody else.

Ted Cruz is America's Magneto.

NeoXChaos

Dave Wasserman ‏@Redistrict 3m3 minutes ago
Disgust w/ Hillary, cong & state level dominance = only things holding GOP together now. Is some type of breakup inevitable in next decade?

Dave Wasserman ‏@Redistrict 21m21 minutes ago
Is there any doubt whom Ted Cruz will vote for in the privacy of the voting booth in Nov? (not that it matters in Texas). #2020

Dave Wasserman ‏@Redistrict 34m34 minutes ago
Amazing that "vote your conscience" was in Cruz's prepared remarks and RNC let him on stage anyway.

Dave Wasserman ‏@Redistrict 36m36 minutes ago
Easy to imagine Ted Cruz's 2020 primary pitch: "I didn't tank Donald Trump's campaign. Donald Trump tanked Donald Trump's campaign."

I will have to look that up, thanks
Actually watch the entire retelling 1992 Presidential election, Ross Perot and all. It's one of the greatest elections of all time. You will see why Bill Clinton was labelled the comeback kid. And dat jazz performance at Arsenio Show, gawd. Dude sealed it that night.

Holmes

Pat Buchannan also did not endorse Bush Sr in 1992 RNC. Instead, he riled his base up by going off script about religious conservatism. Bush Sr campaign was furious.

Idealogues like them do not give in to anyone who does not pass purity tests.
I'm so happy Sanders endorsed.

I'm seriously considering changing my avatar.

Ted Cruz is an evil genius.

The brilliant thing here is:

a) This means that when it turns out Trump is a huge disaster Cruz is the highest-profile GOP politician who can say "I told you so."
b) This is Ted Cruz AGAIN SPITTING IN THE FACE OF THE GOP ESTABLISHMENT, meaning that he's also still the anti-establishment candidate after deliberately torpedoing A DIFFERENT ANTI-ESTABLISHMENT CANDIDATE.
c) This is going to get Ted Cruz a ton of credit from liberals and moderates who think that Cruz is being honorable instead of just acting out of pure self-interest and just being better at it than everybody else.

Ted Cruz is America's Magneto.

Meant to post this here:

Ted Cruz is the only Republican with a backbone, lmao.

He's a calculating asshole. I wanted to post today specifically that Ted Cruz should undermine Trump to position himself for 2020 cuz he'll be able to see "See, I told you so" come November. But I forgot.

He's slimy as fuck but you can't argue it's without real purpose.

I agree with Pigeon's analysis completely. Unfortunately for Cruz, he has two problems:

First, this was his year because the GOP was clearly caught unawares by the uprising in their own constituency. Then Trump fucked it all up for him. The GOP will be much more aware of Cruz's potency the next time around and will (I assume) be ready with avenues of attack on him that will be effective.

Second, Cruz won't be alone as the anti-establishment guy to run for 2020 because enough GOP'ers will see that that's the way to go to win the nomination and surely, one of those candidates will have more charisma than Ted fuckin' Cruz.

But I appreciate him helping to tank Trump anyway, even if it's totally out of self-interest.

Paskil

Trump is literally a cult of personality.

Conservative principals work everytime you put them into practice.

uhhh Louisiana?
Kansas?
England?
United States 2000-2008

The only financial principals that work every time are ponzi schemes, and that's only until they don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom