• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT9| The Wrath of Khan!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was. It was a flat low-key recitation of a whole lot of accumulated junk with no practical policy. Plus we gotta be friends with Russia. And keep the oil. Borefest.

Sad!

PublicPolicyPolling ‏@ppppolls 50s51 seconds ago
PublicPolicyPolling Retweeted Jeff Kramer
He got 3 and it rounded down to zeroPublicPolicyPolling added,

itschris

LBs12AR.png

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/765284051938926592

HylianTom

Banned
Do Americans really know who Merkel is? They might think they misheard the person saying her name and crack a "hey Laura, got any cheeeese?" or a "did I do thaaaat?" joke.

Teggy

Eh, it will just work for people who are already voting for Trump. It's like when they would hit Obama on Saul Alinsky. Like anyone really knew what Saul Alinsky stood for. People on the right would just say, "I don't know who that guy is, but he must be bad!"

thefro

New poll has Clinton and Trump tied in Indiana: 44/44

https://twitter.com/hwypol/status/764497782677790720

Not sure if Expedition Strategies is that reliable of a pollster, though.

Howey Politics is legit as far as political news in Indiana. He also says the IN Governor poll matches internal GOP polls.

Howey Politics said:
An internal poll for Democrat gubernatorial nominee John Gregg not only had him leading Holcomb 46-39%, but showed that Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton are tied in Indiana at 44%. Granted this was a partisan poll, but the Holcomb head-to-head with Gregg could actually be seen as a silver lining, since Holcomb has yet to mount a consistent statewide TV campaign. The Holcomb/Gregg head-to-heads are consistent with internal GOP polls HPI is aware of.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Also, this is interesting:

Cp6ZgIlVIAEQRkS.jpg

Super off-the-cuff analysis: This makes sense because blue states have already mostly filtered out movable red votes, while the reddest states include a broader range of conservatives who can now longer support an actual madman.

Shorter: if you ever wanted to break the southern strategy, now is the time. And who could do it? HILLARY CLINTON.

Morning consult +7 Hillary. 2 points down from their last poll.

Trump support stays same at 37%. Hillary at 44% (down from 46%). Oh well. The honeymoon is over it seems.

Retro

Unless I'm missing some data, Rmoney never polled less than 7% in Texas (and those were very early polls in January / April), and after winning the nomination was never less than +14.

If Trump is only ahead by single digits at this stage of the game, it's automatically bad news. If it's under 5, it's gonna be played as overwhelmingly negative and the narrative will be "Hillary could flip Texas" even if that remains nearly impossible thanks to gerrymandering.

I'm gonna play it safe and say +6. Bad news, but not laughably so. It is Texas, after all.

Morning consult +7 Hillary. 2 points down from their last poll.

Trump support stays same at 37%. Hillary at 44% (down from 46%). Oh well. The honeymoon is over it seems.

I actually don't think there's a ton of movement in that poll. If you add up their last results, it was equally 101% support. So, clearly they round. Now, Hillary's supposedly gone down 2, but none of the other candidates (nor undecideds) have picked up any support. I should make an account so I can get into their cross tabs, but I'm lazy and whatever :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom