• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT9| The Wrath of Khan!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this "What have you got to lose" thing to the AA community will play well with Hillary's camp if they play it right:
- your healthcare
- your voting rights
- your freedom (harsher policing and drug laws)
- etc.

Was thinking the same thing. A clip of him talking, and then show a bunch of things he wants to cut.

Was thinking the same thing. A clip of him talking, and then show a bunch of things he wants to cut.

Yea, Hillary team needs to go assault mode right now on that.

But just to be clear, while Trump is making these brazen appeals to AA I think they are more an appeal to the white voters saying "Hey look, I ain't racist. I care about black people."

benjipwns

Banned
I'm still not clear on that tweet. It's saying that Hillary has to answer questions by JW "under oath". How is she supposed to do that if she's not testifying anywhere?
you just swear your answers on the returned document are truthful, it's not that uncommon for testimony where the person need not be in the courtroom

Huma will put her hand on the bible. It's fine.
wouldn't that burn her skin?

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Okay, I just read that NBC report. So this is being done under the orders of a federal judge? I've never seen anything like this before.

And the fact that there are still questions about why Hillary set up her own server is baffling to me. She's stated a million times it was for convenience. What more needs to be said?

CqQMYePXEAAeS8g.jpg:large

Clinton camp asked for the written arrangement.

Teggy

you just swear your answers on the returned document are truthful, it's not that uncommon for testimony where the person need not be in the courtroom

wouldn't that burn her skin?

It says BIBLE on the cover, but the pages inside are the Koran, SuperAllah Jihad Sharia edition.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Okay, I just read that NBC report. So this is being done under the orders of a federal judge? I've never seen anything like this before.

And the fact that there are still questions about why Hillary set up her own server is baffling to me. She's stated a million times it was for convenience. What more needs to be said?

Knowing Judicial Watch they're going to try and pressure her to give a slightly different answer to a question than she has previously then call for her arrest due to perjury.

Syncytia

So how do I submit questions about the Trump's campaign involvement with Ukraine/Russia?

I'm thinking start a 'watch dog' group first, I'll call it "Foreign Agents Activity Watch."

Do I need to bring a lawsuit to a judge?

benjipwns

Banned
So how do I submit questions about the Trump's campaign involvement with Ukraine/Russia?

I'm thinking start a 'watch dog' group first, I'll call it "Foreign Agents Activity Watch."

Do I need to bring a lawsuit to a judge?
You have to wait until January 20th when he's sworn in as a government official.

That speech was awesome.
"I will not lie to you!"*
*Excluding lies told in the previous 5 minutes and a bunch of stuff in the near future.

Not trying to exaggerate, either! He'd just said before then he was always opposed to the Iraq war from the start, something which is a factually inaccurate statement.

Oh, and "what do you have to lose?" is NOT a good campaign slogan to pitch to minority groups. Seriously. Actually it's bad for anyone other than white men, which I suppose means it fits the theme of the rest of his campaign just fine. Teleprompter Trump is soooooo boring. People show up to his events to be entertained and to scream at stuff. He won't get as large of draws if everyone knows they're getting a canned speech.

benjipwns

Banned
His twitter feed is great:
Bill Mitchell ‏@mitchellvii 3h3 hours ago
What's so dangerous about Trump's ads. Regular Americans hear it and think - "I was just thinking that..."
HEADED FOR THE ICEBERG:
Trump - "Turn the damned boat!"
Hillary - "Ramming speed!"

"Who is the best person to interview about Hillary keeping Americans safe?"

Ambassador Stevens

"Great, how can we reach him?"

He's dead.
"In her entire career, what was the single most public opportunity for Hillary to keep Americans safe?"

Benghazi.

"Oh."

Bill Mitchell ‏@mitchellvii 2h2 hours ago
Bill Mitchell Retweeted WikiLeaks
Almost 100,000 votes. Complete Trump domination!
https://twitter.com/wikileaks/status/766352516548362246
US poll: Who will you vote to become President?
59%Donald Trump -Republican
16%Hillary Clinton -Dems
13%Gary Johnson -Libertarian
12%Jill Stein -Greens

That speech was awesome.
"I will not lie to you!"*
*Excluding lies told in the previous 5 minutes and a bunch of stuff in the near future.

Not trying to exaggerate, either! He'd just said before then he was always opposed to the Iraq war from the start, something which is a factually inaccurate statement.

Oh, and "what do you have to lose?" is NOT a good campaign slogan to pitch to minority groups. Seriously. Actually it's bad for anyone other than white men, which I suppose means it fits the theme of the rest of his campaign just fine. Teleprompter Trump is soooooo boring. People show up to his events to be entertained and to scream at stuff. He won't get as large of draws if everyone knows they're getting a canned speech.
Straight white men are literally the only demographic who stand nothing to lose under Trump's proposed policies.

And that's only of his social policies that directly target certain groups. His economic policies would be disastrous in a time when we've barely recovered from the worst recession in like 70 years.

So Trump, a lot of people stand to lose by electing you. If this is his pivot it's pretty terrible.

"Vote for me, how bad could it possibly get?"

benjipwns

Banned
Straight white men are literally the only demographic who stand nothing to lose under Trump's proposed policies.
His economic policies would be disastrous in a time when we've barely recovered from the worst recession in like 70 years.
I think that might be a negative for straight white men.

When Trump says he wants a new America with "common culture and values as one American people", he's saying that there are a lot of people here currently who don't belong, and that... really upsets me. I'm a minority. I've been treated like I don't belong, before. That's not the America I want.

benjipwns

Banned
I like how you excised a part of my post to make a point about my post that was specifically addressed by the part you excised

What is wrong with you
Why the fuck would you write the first sentence and use "literally the only" and "nothing to lose" if you intended to immediately qualify it by "under policies that won't effect them."

Of which, your statement still isn't true. Straight white males will be harmed by Trump's immigration policies. And his crime policies. Etc.

benjipwns

Banned
A statement sent out by the Donald Trump campaign from Rudy Giuliani defending Trump's visit to flood-ravaged Louisiana Friday includes a shout out to the former New York mayor's book.

"It is the defining principle of leadership to show up at the scene of a disaster in order to assess damage first hand. It is true leadership to go to an embattled area to rally the American people and provide aid and assistance to those suffering from the disaster," Giuliani said. "These are all points that I explain in great detail in my best-selling book, Leadership, and have lectured on all over the world."
the king returns

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
Crowd size vs poll data was more of a Bernie thing. Romney's people were all about unskewing the polls, not dismissing them entirely.

benjipwns

Banned
Crowd size vs poll data was more of a Bernie thing. Romney's people were all about unskewing the polls, not dismissing them entirely.
Yes, but now we can combine both methods to get even more accurate data.

It's basic statistics, the more numbers from any source that you throw into your model, the more accurate it gets.

Why the fuck would you write the first sentence and use "literally the only" and "nothing to lose" if you intended to immediately qualify it by "under policies that won't effect them."

Of which, your statement still isn't true. Straight white males will be harmed by Trump's immigration policies. And his crime policies. Etc.
benjipwns, defender of truth

Joeytj

Banned
Saw the parts from Trump's speech about African Americans. His team really convinced him to go after that message, thinking that African Americans are somehow being bamboozled.

It might not really work, but I do think that Hillary's strategy of leaving Trump get all the headlines should stop a little. Maybe just wait how the weekend goes and get launch a new phase on Monday.

hawk2025

Yes, but now we can combine both methods to get even more accurate data.

It's basic statistics, the more numbers from any source that you throw into your model, the more accurate it gets.

I'm gonna say it just this once, because I don't want to be that guy:

You are kinda crossing into Tesseract territory a little too often, IMO.

I don't even know why it was this relatively innocent post of all of them that triggered me, but there it is -- it's getting to the point where it's more work than it's worth to figure out if you are serious or not :)

Slayven

Saw the parts from Trump's speech about African Americans. His team really convinced him to go after that message, thinking that African Americans are somehow being bamboozled.

It might not really work, but I do think that Hillary's strategy of leaving Trump get all the headlines should stop a little. Maybe just wait how the weekend goes and get launch a new phase on Monday.

GOP says out one side that Dems don't do anything for blacks, then out the otherside of their mouth say blacks only vote D for free stuff.

benjipwns

Banned
I'm gonna say it just this once, because I don't want to be that guy:

You are kinda crossing into Tesseract territory a little too often, IMO.

I don't even know why it was this relatively innocent post of all of them that triggered me, but there it is -- it's getting to the point where it's more work than it's worth to figure out if you are serious or not :)
my masters in poli sci used multiple county data sets across multiple elections and census figures and my main courses taught are about using statistical models (because nobody else wants to do them really and being able to use a computer makes you some kind of genius)

i've done nba analytics for 15 years or so

so everything i said in that post is 100% serious and true, everything i always say is 100% serious and true, especially the lies

now let me tell you the good word about the illegitimacy of the state, everyone here needs a refresher i think

i'll have to make a benji faq on politologie

This surge of fresh Harambe jokes is like when old people on Facebook discover memes from years past and think they are the most amazing thing.

FFXIII spoilers below, but this is one of the five worst cutscenes I've seen in my life.

https://youtu.be/SeyHlcUP9Bg?t=3m30s

After Lightning gets turned a suicide bomber (essentially) for the Gods of their world, Lightning decides to murder every living person in the world and comes to this city to do it. When Hope makes a strange comparison, Lightning (who is essentially a slave 100% at this point) decides not kill every person for reasons she never explains. She never states why this new viewpoint on the relationship with her Gods has changed anything but immediately abandons her goal of killing every living person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom